Man From the Waste (Never Shore - Kris)

It was another unnatural sunrise over the waste. Birds with hanging guts littered the technicolour sky, alive, and cries rained down, wild and discordant. The ground was uneven, and potted with holes from an artillery nobody could remember.

Nia, waked over the lip of each crater carefully, conscious of her figure against the horizon. The young woman had long, shiny blonde hair swept over her forehead, and a neat jawline. Her body was athletic, and she wore some of the old worn out military fatigues that there were too many sets of.

One one shoulder she had a pack, mostly empty and was aware how unpleasant the night would be if she didn't find any more food to bring back.

She was huffily just about to give up, when she spotted the distinct corner of a concrete bunker. Running over, as quietly as she could, she found the door shut, but rotten. A few kicks turned it into firewood, and inside she found a dozen un-rusted cans.

She was just making her way back when she noticed something strange.

Edited by Never Shore
Typo
  • Like 1

"...water...water"

""Years after years,just walking with no destiny,sell by my own people,abandoned by my own owners...is this some kinda of purgatory?""

Mick,the Light Dark Skin Man,after years of walking the desert...he found someone 

"Miss...do you have water,I..."

Falls down and black outs,in the sads

"Whu-oh!" Nia prepared to fight as she spotted the strange man approaching her. Raising her fists, she felt her heart race. Even if the man was a bit shorter than her, he looked rather muscled and she was ready for a rough encounter.

Nia bit her cheek as the stranger asked for water, then watched wide-eyed as he collapsed. After a moment she crouched beside him, cautiously.

The man had said done strange things, but maybe he was just delirious. Nia sighed, and took out her water. There was Precious little, but she lived off the edge of the dessert, so it would obviously rain again and they could get more.

Studying the man, she trickled a bit of the water over his lips, still tense and alert.

• Like 1

"...huh..."

Looks at the mysterious woman,something he didn't see in years

"Where...WATER"

The moment he sees a bowl full of water,he drinks full,finally refreshing his starving 

"Finally....oh"

Looks at the mysterious stranger again

"..thank you...where am I tho"

Looks around 

Nia shifted slightly feeling his stare, she watched him carefully with her blue eyes.

She let him take the water, and watched as he finished it, pensively.

"Well, I'm not too sure myself, but I think I know the way back..."

In that moment she seemed to come to a decision. "Can you walk?"

The woman stood up, fatigues rustling, she wearily offered him a hand to help him.

• Like 1

Swallowing, Nia ducked down slightly so he could put an arm over her shoulders.

She leant forward, and started walking the way back, slowly. As she half carried him, she had some doubts about what she was doing. What was Vanessa going to say, anyway?

"We have a place." She sighed, already breathing heavy. "Scorpions?" She looked at him.

She continued to help him, until they entered a dingy half dead patch of woods.

"Yeah?" Nia mulled over what he had said earlier. "How long have you been in the desert?"

She stepped over a tree root, tried to lift him up over it so he wouldn't trip.

"Just another twenty minutes, but I'm not usually helping someone." 

After a long while they arrived at a stained log cabin in the woods, and Nia relaxed. "Maybe you should wait here." the blonde lowered Mick into the ground, went over and did a secret knock on the door.

After a moment it opened, and a taller woman with white hair came out. She couldn't quite see Mick from where he was, but he could see her and she was quiet the sight. She wore a long black dress, but it couldn't hide the thickness of her thighs, or the profound size of her bust. 

The two had a short conversation, then Nia mentioned. "So I found this guy..."

The woman, probably Vanessa, frowned. "What do you mean? A dead guy?"

"Well, almost." Nia added nervously. "I brought him here." 

Vanessa's sharp eyebrows raised. "What-?"

Nia pointed over to Mick with a shrug, and the taller woman looked over at him.

Nia glanced over as the man spoke, and Vanessa walked out of the doorway slowly. She gave Mick a once over, noticing the chain in his neck.

She looked at Nia coldly, before asking him "Were you a slave? Are they still looking for you?"

Nia came over to see if she could crack open the thing on his neck. Her fingers were thin and nimble.

"I...don't know"

Looks a little depressed 

"After they got surprised attack by a local gang,I only remember the leaders dead,me and others escape the hell hole"

Looks at Nia trying to help

"Thanks for helping,if you want,I can just stay outside,looking if bad people are coming"

Trying to find a way to be useful 

"Hmm. Well they shouldn't be a problem for us if they're dead, right?" Nia popped off the metal collar, dangling the heavy chain carefully, and laying it against the wall of the cabin.

"Right?" She looked at Vanessa for confirmation, and the white haired woman rolled her eyes. 

"I should hope not."

Nia started to help Mick up. "I think you need to rest first. We'll put you on the couch. Right, Vanessa?" 

She looked at the taller woman a bit more determinedly, blowing her fringe off her eye, and Vanessa sighed.

"Fine, but you'd better keep an eye on him."

She opened the door, and Nia lead Mick in, through a short hallway, into a cluttered living room with a couch in front of a dead fire place. She dropped him onto it. 

"Do you need food?" She asked reluctantly, hands on her knees.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the house,feels good,the couch is fine

"Hummm...maybe something like a Pizza or Sandwich...do you girls have that?"

Asking curious for the tall woman...which I notices have a...bulge? Interesting 

Now I just need to have a good position