Handling Dicerolls

I was just wondering how people tend to go about this, do most people just use the honour system? Is there something you can connect direct to a post to make it happen? Does the GM roll the dice? Use an app, send screen shots?

I'm sure the answer to all of these is yes, to some extent or another. Just looking to see what people have tried and how they've found it.

• Senior Staff
1 minute ago, LewdiKris said:

Is there something you can connect direct to a post to make it happen?

This is addressed here: 

Specifically:

Roll the Dice!:
Never worked as intended, the RNG system was utterly broken. Let me explain.

I did these tests using the same conditions for each. Ten tests of 1,000,000 (one million) rolls of a D20 dice over five days for a ten million rolls total. I was expecting an average of 10.5; I know I wasn’t going to get exactly 10.5 but I knew it had to be as close to 10.5 as possible. Both tests were done on the exact same computer, under a Linux Operating System.

The EcchiDreams version rolled an average of 7.8999148 which is a massive deviation of -2.6000852 from the expected average of 10.50. It also took a very long while to simulate these rolls on an Intel Core i7 8700K processor. 

The other project that I’m working on which rolled an average of 10.4999328 which is -0.0000672 deviation from the expected average of 10.50, under the exact same conditions. It took next to no time to simulate these rolls on an Intel Core i7 8700K Processor. 

So use that then, job done! Right?! 

Well, no. Our server is not set up to run C#. EcchiDreams uses PHP the other project will be in C#. I’ve shelved it for EcchiDreams and I will be implementing it on the other project that I am working on; that I will talk about at the end of this newsletter (See EcchiDreams in the Future).

As for the other specifics, it's going to be down to whoever you're playing with.

Archived