Pixel Reviews: All Hallow's Eve

Yeah, yeah. I know. Everyone's all about making Art the clown a new icon of horror and shit, Terrifier 2 was so good and all that. 

So, seeing it was on a streaming app, I decided to check out his origin film, All Hallow's Eve. This is gonna be short.

220px-All_Hallows'_Eve_2013_film_poster.

There have only been an amount of movies that I can count on less than one hand that I actually could not wait for the end of, that entertained me to such a minimal degree that I focused on literally everything other than the movie itself. 

This is one of those movies.

Now, I wasn't huge on the Terrifier movies either. They were okay, at best, but they were nothing new. But I am a fan of my anthology movies, Creepshow, VHS, Trick r Treat, etc. Each of them cleverly constructed to either make the stories connect, or at least string them along in an entertaining way with smooth transition from one to the next.

All Hallow's Eve lacked every strength of those other anthologies. Was it even really an anthology? It seemed more like they were just trying to throw together everything that people were scared of into a blender and hope something decent came out of the mixture.

This movie had me so bored within the first fifteen minutes that it was hard for me to focus on the screen and by the end all I got out of it was a headache from the highly irritating loud sounds they played repeatedly throughout. 

In the Terrifier movies, Art, on his own, is full of personality to make up for his lack of speech enough that he is fun to watch, but not enough to make up for the weaknesses of the films themselves. He doesn't, however, belong in the same league as characters like Chucky, Michael Myers or even Jigsaw. The version of Art in All Hallow's Eve shows a basic idea for the character that did evolve and grow into something better, but that's not saying a whole lot when he was basically just a creepy clown who kills people. We've seen creepy clowns who kill people, done better. 

I don't know what more to say about this movie other than to summarize that it was boring. It sucked. I'm not sure if Art was smearing shit on the bathroom wall as he likes to do, or if he was smearing a copy of this movie. Cause it's indistinguishable from shit.