A Close Encounter of the Risque Kind

It had been several years since the monster sightings began and the atrocities began in his small town. Roi E. Yatokami had been orphaned for several years now and over those years had trained himself into one of the foremost mercenaries in the field whether for hunting said monsters, fending off attacks on his clients by the roving gangs of marauders, or whatever else.  A short while ago, his informant had finally tracked down the potential hideout of the one notorious gang of marauders who had made him an orphan by destroying his family and disgracing the women therein by raping and killing them.

Now, at least he was strong enough to finally wreak vengeance upon this long overdue prey of his. Deciding that his would be the last face they would ever see in their miserable little lives and his voice the last their ears would ever hear,  he set off for the docks where the hideout was apparently set in, not knowing that he would soon have an encounter that would change his life forever.  He strapped on his usual gear, that being a rifle crossbow on his back, twin katanas to his left hip,  a rough, handmade utility belt around his waist containing his secondary tools, and a leg rig on his right leg containing the throwing daggers, shuriken, caltrops, etc. With that done, he took out a talisman and summoned his tracker Shikigami, a pack of velociraptors that he had reanimated some time ago.  He set them on the scent of the marauders’ trail and trotted along behind them through the ruined city.

After what seemed like a few hours, he arrived at the docks and began to search each of the old, dilapidated houses set in and around the area for any signs of the marauders while his raptors spread themselves out in the vicinity within earshot, eager for some fresh meat, aka the marauders, their distinctive calls echoing in the air seeming akin to wolf howls.

(feeling under the weather, Druid?)

Soon, Roi came upon one rather ramshackle house where he heard the sound of someone humming and dispelled his dinos before knocking. He then spoke, his voice a rich baritone but melodious on the ears nonetheless

"Hello in there, may I come in? I was hoping to find some information about the men I am searching for."

He then waited to see if the occupant would do him the courtesy of letting him in

(oh wow, short. that's okay I need all kinds of exposure) 

Roi replied with a polite smile since he did not want to upset the woman

"I was hoping to ask you some questions about some men I am scheduled to meet up with. I get the feeling they are in this neighborhood, so if you could point the way that would be great. Also, if you could maybe be my guide through the area, I would appreciate it very much."

He said, hoping she would accept.

He sighed and repeated his words from earlier since apparently she had not grasped their meaning

"As I said, I looking for some men I have been tracking for some time now. I have it on good authority that they are encamped out here somewhere. So since you seem to be the one resident for miles, I thought it best to ask you rather than root about in this neighborhood blindly."

He waited there to try to gauge her reaction, his keen eyes on her but also taking in the ornate surroundings.