Fellow Hunters, where you at?

I've said before but I only like two things in this world: Fucking Bimbos and Hunting Monsters. I might dare to say I can't decide which I love more, which should be an indication of how much of a fan I am of the Monster Hunter franchise in general, and I want to meet other fans. I do this everywhere I go if I can.

So, here's what I hope to see from people here in the replies!

~Hunting History~
First, tell me about the first MH game you played, how you heard about it and what made you want to try it. Then tell me about all the other games you've played so far including the one you're currently addicted to.

~Favorite Weapon Type~
Your favorite weapon type in Monster Hunter. Feel free to talk about why you love it so much, what made you want to try it, etc.

~Favorite Skills~
What armor skills do you prioritize? Do you take Guard Up with you everywhere you go? Do you really really need that Focus? Does Critical Eye give you your kicks?

~Anything Else?~
Anything else you want to add after that is up to you. Let's say the previous 3 sections are bare minimum and you can add whatever else you'd like to mention here in this section.

I will go first!

~Hunting History~
I first got into MH during the PSP era with Freedom 2. My best friend (at the time) was already really into it and he bugged me to try it out too. I said what the heck why not and some years later here I am, a die-hard Monster Hunter veteran with too much time on his hands and not enough friends.

I've played Freedom-2 and Unite. I missed out on Portable 3rd because it only released in Japan, but I got to play Tri, which is a masterpiece of aesthetics and the best old-style game IMO. Played 4U and Generations. I technically have Generations Ult but I didn't want it. I'm currently addicted to Iceborne all by my lonesome.

~Favorite Weapon Type~
GunLance Main. Have been and always will be. I only mained Switch Axe in Tri because they actually took the GunLance OUT of the game (but they brought it back in Tri-Ult so I went right back to it without hesitation). Charge Blade had me for a bit during 4U but once the novelty died down I was back on the GunLance like I'd just reconnected with my long-lost lover.

I used to have a few weapon types I didn't like very much (in particular, the Light Bowgun and the Hammer), but Iceborne made them not only tolerable, but fun so I can reasonably play a little bit of everything. I particularly like Heavy Bowguns, Sword 'n' Shield, and regular Lance.

~Favorite Skills~
Guard and Guard-Up I take for everything that will let me block (except GreatSword), even HBG. Since I tend to play shield weapons a LOT it ends up being my favorite skill hands down. When I'm not running a shield weapon I like skills that help me manage my stamina like Constitution, Marathon or Stamina Surge.

~Anything Else?~
IF YOU PLAY ICEBORNE ON STEAM I WILL ADD YOU IF YOU WANT.

• 1 year later...

Well I saw this and thought I had to comment!

~Hunting History~
My first game of the series was Tri actually, I didn't really hear about it a lot I think, I was still 11 at the time, so probably my brother showed it to me or something like that. I, of course also played 3U and tried 4U though the DS is too small for me, with my PSP Street I continued to try the first Games for that as well, but yeah, also too small. Then I played World and Iceborne of course, and I loved my time there, even if it felt a lot easier than the games before that, but still was an amazing game. Now I mostly play Rise, if I play a Monster Hunter game, though I'm more occupied by other games currently, so not really addicted at the moment.

~Favorite Weapon Type~
My favorite will always be the Hammer, though I also love LS, GS and LBG, I tried other weapons like HH or Gunlance, but they definitely aren't for me, that much is clear.

~Favorite Skills~
Regarding skills I usually go for full crit with crit eye and all that, or just generall atk up, but mostly I try to make my own sets, which doesn't work often as I don't have enough mats for that.

~Anything Else?~
Since I have Iceborne on steam I don't mind if anyone wants to add me to play together, the same goes for rise as well though on the switch 🙂

Archived