The Village Guard (LuxCorvus x JennyDK)

It was an ordinary day in the medium sized village, at least... From a weather point of view. Slight overcast, but generally warm and comfortable temperatures. It would've made for a normal afternoon if not for the pressing matter at hand; monster attacks. Over the last few weeks, there have been plenty reports of creatures appearing and attacking members of the village, some of those members even going missing. Once things seemed to spiral out of hand, the village leader would call an assembly of all the people living there. Standing on a lifted stage before the crowd, he would address his community.

"Good afternoon, my fellow villagers. I'm sure you all have at least a slight idea as to why I've gathered everyone today. We need to address this monster problem we've been experiencing. It's been nearly a month, and sadly, things haven't been turning around for the better. I talked with the rest of our small village council, and we've decided the best way to resolve this issue, would be to face it head on. What we have proposed is... We take volunteers from our community to join up and form a small guard for our home. Nobody will be forced, though we do hope at least someone will step forward." The man said, looking about the crowd that soon would begin to come alive with chatter, some panicked about the idea that was presented, talking about how they wouldn't dare approach these unknown threats, especially with how things have been going.

Standing toward the mid-back of the crowd, a man named Atlas would be watching the crowd, listening to the people around him, and observing to see if anyone would be brave enough to step up and try to protect their neighbors. He was tempted, though he himself wasn't quite sure what to expect. Would they be providing armor? Weapons? How long would this last? What would be expected of him if he did volunteer for the task? What would he get out of it? He had so many questions, but for now he would remain silent as the assembly continued, the leader taking a moment to look about the crowd for anyone who would step forward.

@JennyDK

• Love 1

The news about the recent issues with monsters clashing with the village is not contained to just this place alone. In fact, it also reaches far beyond this and thus attracts people from larger towns, maybe even the grand capital. In any case, the female fighter who steps towards the village elder, adorned in her best gear, eager to deal with the troubles of the town.

"Greetings, citizens of Drymoore! I have come far to help you in your mission to quell these attacks and deal with them with great and proper force! You may call me Sir Calistra Erdbaum"

large.__shirogane_noel_hololive_and_2_mo

• 2 weeks later...

A brief period of time would pass, as the crowd continued to murmur amongst itself, several faces searching around when suddenly someone did step forward. Atlas looked straight ahead to see the well endowed, armored woman stepping forward. Not only did she look experienced and trained to use her equipment well, she was quite the eye candy as well. The crowd went quiet to hear her declaration, then clapped for her after she was finished speaking. The village elder smiled wide and clapped with them, nodding his head happily. "Excellent! We have our first volunteer! Anyone else? We wouldn't want this young lady shouldering all of our burdens on her own! Won't anyone else step forward to represent us and help?" He asked aloud, and after a few minutes of mulling it over, Atlas stood up properly, beginning to shuffle and walk through the crowd of people to make his way to the front.

"Hello, my neighbors and friends. Some of you may know me as the village smith. For those who aren't familiar with me, my name is Atlas Valentino, and I've decided to take the fight to these monsters as well. I have a lot of experience in both making, and repairing weapons and armor. Both as a hobby and to sell. I also know my way around a sword, so I can hold my own." He said calmly, his expression shifting to a small grin when the crowd applauded him as well.

spacer.png

Once the crowd ceased their applause, the elder once again celebrated his volunteers. The rest of the assembly was spent trying to rally another volunteer, but alas, it seemed nobody else wished to step forward. It was known that most of the village was scared stiff with all of the incidents that have happened, so it wasn't surprising that nobody else had decided to brave the tasks at hand. The elder called the ending of the gathering as the crowd dispersed, approaching his two volunteers. "Thank you both again for your bravery. I know your numbers are few, but two is better than remaining entirely helpless. Our home is in your debt." He said, bowing his head before taking his own leave.

Atlas approached the woman who had stepped forward before him, extending his hand out to her. "Hello, Miss Calistra. It's a pleasure. I hope we'll work well together." He said with a polite and strong smile.