Venari's Characters

Hello everyone, so I had a post listing out quite a few characters and ideas in the past. I left and had deactivated my account at the time, so yes Venari99 was me at one point for those that might have known me before. I reached out around when I came back about possibly reinstating that account, though at this point I think it'd just be easier to build this one back up to where I was at before.

So with that said, I wanted to get on here and post some of my characters that I've been working on and to overall use this topic as a collective of my works. I will be updating this as my list grows again. I will also be linking my google drive as I had before. A quick note on anything in the bin of old characters needing reworked though, I am still willing to play them however I might change/balance some things on them. Many of them were created when I was younger, some I still like the concepts for, others I do not. However feel free to reach out to me if any of them catch your eye.

Character bin

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-ramxXyAIzNfmJhektLMnJYLUlvQ3dnMnVucnFNZFlvUzdGYTBMakVsZ292dVE2VXJfSDg?resourcekey=0-A3UkpJi0yR6wumW3-2PIuw&usp=sharing

Featured character: 2/12/22

:-General Info-:

Name: Sir Nilus Astorio, Head Scryer of the Amedian army

Species:Human

Sex: Male

Sexuality: Hetero

:-Appearance-:

c05cc199d2c5cdeaf746e094dca3c0ec.jpg

0eee7df458c0a6b2a19a8d68a1b9426c.jpg

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 162

Physique: Slightly overweight. Nilus does not have very much muscle on him either.

Apparel: Typically in noblemen's attire fit for the renaissance era.

:-Relations-:

Loyal to: The Kingdom of Amedia

Family: None living, though he respects Drake Blackburn as if he were his father.

:-Mentality & Background-:

Personality: Nilus is an arrogant prick as well as very distrusting.

History:

Nilus was one of the many children 'liberated' from their homelands by the Amedian armies, one of thousands ripped from slain parents and told that such actions had been taken to purify the world of the chaos and evil that filled it.

He cared little though, as all of the 'redeemed' did. He was but a baby when it all happened, they all were, all those that were allowed to live through the purging of the impure. Nilus was raised in one of the many monasteries dedicated to re-educating the redeemed. He learned to read and write, a great of itself and part of what separated Amedias people from many of the other human kingdoms. From there he was handed off to Drake Blackburn as an apprentice.

Drake was no different from Nilus, having learned from another like himself. He was trained in the art of enchantment, providing the runes used to empower weapons, armor, and even household items. It was here that Nilus truly began his journey into the mystical arts.

Nilus began studying all he could find, initially to improve his trade, however as time went on he surpassed his master and was enlisted by Amedia as a battle mage just as any other promising spellcaster was. He continued to work at his craft there when time and resources allowed.

In time he found himself working beneath a man named Etgar Tallstag. As his commanding officer Nilus thought little of the man, doing as he was told without resistance as was drilled into him at this point in time, however as time passed under the command of Etgar Nilus began to realize something wasn't right. 

They were stationed at the edge of Nymira at the time, the kingdom of monsters. Tasked with driving the Gnoll marauders back from the Amedian border. Etgar played the part rather well, seemingly removing orc and Gnoll tribes that opposed his kingdom; however as time passed the front grew more and more dangerous, their enemies seemingly emboldened by their attacks.

Nilus began to dig into what was truly going on, stealing missives, using his magic to eavesdrop, in time he found that the tribes they'd been hunting were not Nymirian, in fact that they were more a nuisance to Nymiria’s armies than anything. As he continued to dig he found more misdeeds of the traitorous man. The next chance he had he reported the man earning a promotion from doing so.

He was made into a scryer from that point on, trained over the next year in the finer arts of the craft and tasked with defending Amedia from threats within its walls rather than being put on the front lines. Overall his life grew easy. He was treated well, and rewarded heavily for his continued service to the amedian people. He became loved by some, and hated by others as he single handedly uncovered traitors, followers of dark gods, and all those who dared to defy the will of Atlanta their goddess. 

He cared little who he offended, growing more arrogant as he continued to rise in fame and in power. Eventually his crusade led him towards a nobleman, a man who had claimed his title through combat and deeds rather than merely birth as so many of his kin did. He worked at doing what he did best, auditing the man, ensuring nothing was amiss. He found the man rife with sin, exposing him for what he was, a pretender.

He had thought the deed finished after the man was removed from power, just another day in the office after all. However that was far from the case, Etgar had been following Nillus’ exploits. Having escaped and returned to his true people in Nymeria, he watched from the shadows, waiting for an opportunity to strike back at Nilus. That opportunity presented itself through the nobleman, the deposed hero.

A deal was struck with the deposed man, on Nyx’s name, the god of deals and pacts, for the ruination of Nilus in exchange for the man’s loyalty and his soul. Knowing that he was damned by the goddess he worshiped, the man accepted Etgar’s deal, becoming little more than a pawn in his game. In exchange the dark god cursed Nilus casting him from the material realm and into the realms of chaos, into the playground of Nexos the god of chaos. Offering up the man as a gift to appease the over deity.

Powers:

Nilus is a decorated battlemage and scryer, able to control the arcane with ease, and peer into most any mind. There are few schools of magic he does not understand, even if there are some he refuses to use.

• Community Administrator
On 12/02/2022 at 18:31, VenariWulf99 said:

I left and had deactivated my account at the time, so yes Venari99 was me at one point for those that might have known me before. I reached out around when I came back about possibly reinstating that account, though at this point I think it'd just be easier to build this one back up to where I was at before.

And if you had read the Terms of Service (Section 9 and Section 21), taken heed of the multiple warnings on the registration page and the notice when you deactivated your original account... You would have known that this was a really, really bad move. You should have reactivated your old account, and you still can. However...

Topic locked and your duplicate account is now banned.

• Like 1