Moving Day [Open RP]

Conner and Sakura are sitting in the common area, masterfully working their way through take-away ramen with disposable chopsticks. They had just moved into the newly renovated 2 bedroom, 1-and-half bath third floor unit. One of the perks of working for a job that required such frequent moves was that his employer paid for the moving crew to do the heavy lifting. Conner was happy enough to leave such things to the professional, and enjoy his lunch while they do their work.

Conner says to his daughter, in his British accent "Maybe after we eat, we can hit the pool." She stops slurping up her noodles long enough to protest "But my swimsuit is still packed." Conner shrugs "That's never stopped you before?" Which was true, having traveled through Europe and the Pacific neither was a stranger to bathhouses, saunas or the occasional clothing optional beach. "This is different" she insists. It's her choice, that was important to Conner, but that wasn't going to stop him from making use of the pool. Or maybe he'd take advantage of the bar in the clubhouse. It was early, sure, but a couple of drinks now would make unpacking later more pleasant.

Gina notices the newcomers in the common area but hurries by with a nervous half smile, carrying her latest books borrowed from the library.

It is cold out, and raining, so not an evening for a walk, but she hopes the pool may be free later for a swim and to relax in the sauna.

Conner looks up from his styrofoam container noodles, and returns the smile. His eye is drawn to something on the floor. He abandons his half eaten lunch, and walks towards the door the the young woman just came through. There, lying on the floor, a book. He notes the title, retrieving it. Taking a few quick steps to catch up with Gina he tries to catch her attention "Excuse me," then again, firmer this time "Excuse me, luv. I think you dropped this."