The Beach

'Now, strike,' Zero swung his silver longsword at the air directly in front of him, slaying another imaginary enemy in his head.  The man with unkempt brown hair had his eyes closed and was imagining enemies for him to practice against.  He had gone to an area of the beach that was open enough for his training, but secluded so he wouldn't accidentally injure anyone or get any weird looks.  When the last of his imaginary training targets was gone, he opened his eyes and let out a sigh of relief.  "Still a bit slow.  How troublesome," Zero said to himself while he wiped some sweat off his forehead and wiped his hand on his dark blue t-shirt.  He had been refereed to the place by a past client on an adventuring job, yet in the hour he's been there, all he did was training.  Running laps around the beach, fighting imaginary enemies with his eyes closed, and thinking by himself.  He knew that he should probably take the time to relax and not worry about getting stronger, but he couldn't help himself.  At the same time, he had his own reasons for keeping to himself.  Wisps of dark power would occasionally come off of Zero's body when he was alone, but would go away when he took a deep breath.  At that moment, the only thoughts running through his mind was his technique and how he might be able to be faster without relying on the power within him he wanted to be rid of. 

Zero let out a sigh and looked out towards the water.  "Relaxing, huh?  It's funny.  I earned my freedom, yet I still live by their values of training every day.  I even threw away the chance of being called a hero," Zero laughed a bit to himself, slowly raising up the sword that was still in his hand.  "My chances of living a normal life were thrown away because of this thing, even if this one is just a replica," he added.  He stood in silence for a few moments, listening to the distant sound of people having fun and enjoying themselves.  It reminded him of why he chose the path he did, which was to protect people, even if he didn't make history as some kind of hero.  He nodded and slowly closed his eyes.  "Right, let's get back to it," he said to himself.

• Thanks 1

Zero was about to get back to his training when he heard a voice coming from behind him.  He opened his eyes and saw an unfamiliar girl standing before him.  "Huh?  Who are you?  How long have you been standing there?" Zero questioned until he realized that it was likely that the newcomer heard him talking to himself.  'Crap, this is awkward.  She probably thinks I'm some maniac or something, standing out here all alone with a weapon and talking to myself.  No, wait, this is an easy one.  I just need to make something up.  It's foolproof!' Zero thought to himself, clearing his throat before he spoke again.  "I was, you know, thinking out loud.  Doesn't everyone do that every now and again?" Zero replied.

“I guess that’s true,” Nadia nods. “And I was strolling by just now, though I did notice you attacking someone invisible being from afar. Is that what you’re doing?” Nadia wouldn’t be surprised if he was attacking some invisible monster; it’s nothing too out of the ordinary that she’s done.

“Oh no, I’m bored as hell and wanted to hang out with somebody,” Nadia says. “There are lots of people but no one had approached me, so I decided I should approach someone instead. The guy with a sword seemed cool in my opinion.” She smiles at him. “My name is Nadia. And you?”

“Nice to meet you,” Nadia says. “Is this all you planned to do, or would you like to hang out?” Nadia hopes he didn’t think she solely wanted sex, because it isn’t true. She wanted to make a new friend first. Then maybe sex.

Edited by God of RP

Zero took a moment to think it over.  "To be honest, I never really planned out anything.  Besides..." Zero trailed off for a moment, slowly turning away from Nadia.  "Won't your boyfriend get jealous, seeing you with some random guy you hardly know?" Zero asked, making up an excuse in order to deflect from the actual reason why he was self isolating himself from others.

Zero slowly tilted his head.  "An open sex club?  This is the first I'm hearing about this," Zero said.  "No wonder that old man was grinning like he won the lottery when he told me about this place.  That bastard.  If I see him again, we're going to have a nice, long chat about information and how much to give.  He knows I have far more important things to do with my time than be at a place like this," Zero mumbled, but as he spoke, wisps of darkness began to come off of his body again.

Zero's eyes widened when he realized what was going on and tried to reign in his emotions, which caused the dark wisps to stop.  "Sorry, but I should probably get back to my training.  I'm sure you must have friends or someone waiting for you.  They might get worried if they see you with some guy with a weapon alone on the beach," Zero simply said as another excuse, turning away from Nadia and preparing to do some practice swings.  'What am I even doing, letting myself nearly lose myself to rage like that in front of some civilian I don't even know.  Pathetic,' Zero thought to himself.

For a moment, Zero lowered his weapon and looked over Nadia.  "That's a little strange, don't you think?" Zero asked while he began his practice swings.  "With your looks, guys should be flocking to you like moths to a flame," he added.  While his words might've come off as if he was trying to flirt, he actually meant what he said.  He had no experience with trying to woo someone, so he simply said what he thought while he swung at the air.

“Aw, thanks,” Nadia says. “I guess there are just prettier girls. Plus, not like my body type is the most appealing... usually.” Although she could modify her body, she preferred not to. Without it, though, she had small breasts and a small butt. She was basically a smol girl.

"You never know.  I'm sure there are people who would find your body type appealing.  Better to be true to yourself than hide behind a facade, after all," Zero said, stopping his practice swings for a moment.  "I used to want to be a hero.  I had my memories taken away and lived a sheltered life, but even then, I wanted to use my skills to help people and be their beacon of hope.  A bit childish, I know, but..." Zero trailed off for a moment, taking a deep breath before he continued.  "When I got that honor, that praise...I guess I let it go to my head.  I started living in a fantasy, thinking I could save everyone, but that's impossible.  Even worse, that status I had was destroyed in an instant.  A set up was all it took to ruin my reputation as a hero." Zero continued, swinging his sword again.  "I know I may not know you very well, Nadia, but I don't think you should go doubting yourself.  Who cares if there are prettier girls?  You're you, and you should be fine with that, wherever that may lead you," Zero added, even though the last part was a bit ironic considering that he himself wasn't able to accept an aspect of himself.

With one final practice swing, Zero's sword vanished from his hand.  Since the weapon itself was bound to his soul, he could summon or return it at will.  With the sword gone, Zero returned his attention to Nadia.  He opened up his hand and a ball of energy began to form in the palm of his hand.  "I can make spheres of pure elemental energy and use them like a weapon or for defense.  To be honest, I had to learn how to use this power on the fly when it first awakened.  If I didn't, I probably wouldn't be standing here right now," Zero explained, closing his hand.