• Community Administrator

Painting by Colours

In the middle of 2018 I revealed on the EcchiDreams Discord Server that in my spare time, to relax, I liked to take monochromatic pictures from the internet (Like Pixiv, for example) and just colour them in. I did a little bit of it, and got side tracked into other work that kept me busy. By the time 2020 came around we were under the full force of lock downs when the pandemic hit, and it was all hands on deck here at EcchiDreams as we smashed milestone after milestone, and got into the state where we were constantly busy here. Anyway. Needless to say, it got buried somewhere deep on my server here at home and forgotten about.

A few weeks ago @YoriNya was telling me about her adventures with photo editing, and I dug the original files out of storage. I want to thank Yori for giving me that push I needed to actually do this, and continue it, please check out her topic on her photo-editing escapades

I had always intended on sharing my work with others on here, and that is precisely what I will do. If you have Photoshop or Krita, or something that can open PSD's you're more than welcome to edit what I've done, or use any of the options within it to mix-and-match, create your own image from it. 

What I used:

I use Adobe Photoshop CS6 - I actually genuinely have a legit licence for it, and refused to go over to Creative Cloud. I don't see why I should have to pay for a subscription service to software I've already purchased, and I won't support this practice. I don't want to use Krita, because frankly - I don't want to re-learn the interfaces and shit.

I previously used @Neptune UGEE W708 tablet, but I recently got the USB-C Wired version of the UGEE S1060. It only cost like £45 or so, so it was really cheap. I didn't want something expensive, because I'm not that kind of artist, I can't draw for shit.

Disclaimer:

I am not the original artist of the drawings; and nor do I claim to be! All I claim to have done is photoshop them to add colour to them, that's it. I will always credit the original artist, provide links to their art where I can to promote their work to other people. I will never-ever sell work that is not mine, and nor am I intending to profit from other people's work. No offence was given or meant what-so-ever in the colouring in of other people's work. This is done out of respect and admiration. It's genuinely a hobby of mine to do it, as something that I find relaxing in my spare time. 

I will also not take requests, commissions or demands to colour in certain art pieces. Everything I colour in is selected by me. Once I've posted the picture here; that's it. I will move on to the next, I will not revisit and do more work on it later. 

What will I do:

I will provide a mega.nz link to the PSD, the before and after of the image with a link to the original artist's page. The PSD may have certain options within it, such as different eye colours, skin-tones, fur-colours, clothing colours, and so on. I will also go through the structure of the PSD so you're aware of what options exist. There will be text in the PSD that says who the original artist is; and who it was coloured by - you can absolutely hide this or remove it if you want to make your own picture out of it after selecting the bits you want to change for your own mix-and-match. 

For the mix-and-match; you could select two or more options (And for some of these you might have to, to get the desired effect). But you probably should only have one option active in most circumstances.

I will also perform a virus scan to assure you that the file is safe, which can be verified via Virus Total (Link will be provided).

What you can do:

You can download it and modify it. If you want to use your mix and match as a character - that's fine too. If you want to improve on what I've done, go for it. Of course I will welcome your constructive criticism on the colouring, and any tips/tricks that you want to impart is also welcome too! Whether or not I'll take it on board is different matter entirely as this is only a hobby, something I do to relax. But other people might gain something from your insight if they want to take part. 

You can also link your topics here if you're also doing colourings, but please make it as a part of the conversation - not shameless self promotion.

Do not:

• Pressure me into doing another piece. I do this in my free time at my own pace. 
  • Request/Demand me to do a picture for you. I select the pictures I use.
  • Request/Demand me to mix-and-match for you. I have given you the PSD to do that yourself.
  • Request/Demand me to do custom work for you. Just no. (Unless you're the artist/owner, then I might do a custom one for you, send me an EcchiText!)
  • Request/Demand for me to take down/remove the picture. I'm not claiming that I own it, in no way shape-or-form. It's a derivative piece, which is a valid exception under Copyright Law. I've already checked with a legal expert in this regard.
  • Request/Demand for me to "Recolour" an already coloured in piece.
  • Take credit for someone else's work. This is just shitty behaviour all around. 
  • Go batshit over colours. I don't care if their skin colour is supposed to be X. Or their hair is supposed to be Y. Or anything like that. Don't bother me with it. I am not interested.

Posts that violate this will either be removed or sent to the off topics section. 

• Community Administrator

The Maid of Time

BWMaid.jpg

[Original Artist: 龍犬 (Pixiv Link) | Original Art Link]

This is my first project that I started at the end of May 2018 or the beginning of June 2018 and finished recently. It was almost finished back then but I got busy and it got buried, until recently. When I first came across the picture, I loved it. I'm a sucker for those boots. It's a Gothic Lolita style maid, and quite ecchi, indeed. I did start working on the cage in 2018, but I decided against it recently because I kind of wanted to have a sort of glass-like effect all around that was kind of inspired with the Doppler Shift thing which is in contrast with the red-ish clock finger (Red Shifting / Blue Shifting) so I abandoned it in favour of leaving it all blue.

I could have given certain things more options, but there are plenty of options already. I've found that using Overlay is pretty much critical in pictures like this, but it shouldn't be the tool that's relied on. There are a mixture of different kinds of blending options that have been used for various things, and various different opacities. I picked this because it was already pretty much shaded by the original artist and it's a damn good picture. 

Anyway: is an example of afterwards:

ColourisedMaid.jpg

PSD Information

Properties:

MD5		ed4e22e285617963696686c39a130f68
SHA-1		534c36a24686b9093d9b898cfaf26fbadb79e019
SHA-256		96fea49bd2c1f69f2edc8b9235f51d1aff65d741d5530c3f12268debe2110d0f
File type	Adobe Photoshop
File size	97.46 MB (102195564 bytes)

Download:

https://mega.nz/file/zlISAIjI#WNEczjHcSk0pGPBpsHaAoGGy-cogDH3S3jMMcsSdYGg

Virus Total Information:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/96fea49bd2c1f69f2edc8b9235f51d1aff65d741d5530c3f12268debe2110d0f/detection

PSD Structure:

• Clothes
    • Boots
      • Boot Buckle Colour Options
        • Metallic Black
        • Metallic Blue
        • Metallic Gold
        • Metallic Red
        • Metallic Pink
        • Metallic Purple
      • Boot Blackener
    • Dress
      • Layer 1
    • Headwear
      • Darkening
      • Stitching
    • Leg Thing
      • Layer 3
  • Accessories
    • Teddy
      • Eye Button
        • Black
        • Blue
        • Brown
        • Cyan
        • Gray
        • Purple
        • Red
        • Yellow
      • Muzzle
      • Teddy Body (Brown)
    • Watch Colour Options
      • Gold Face
      • Gold Rim
      • Metallic Purple Rim
      • Metallic Centre Screw
  • The Female
    • Eye Colour Options
      • Blue
      • Brown
      • Green
      • Pink
      • Purple
      • Red
    • Hair
      • Blonde Hair
      • Black Hair
      • Blue Hair
      • Brown Hair
      • Green Hair
      • Green (Dark) Hair
      • Orange Hair
      • Pink Hair
      • Purple Hair
      • Red Hair
      • Silver Hair / White Hair 1 (Activate with 2 to get white)
      • Silver Hair / White Hair 2 (Activate with 1 to get white)
    • Skin
      • Light Tones
        • Arms Colouring
        • Legs Colouring
        • Face Colouring
      • Dark Tones
        • Arms Colouring
        • Legs Colouring
        • Face Colouring
  • The Floor
    • Layer 2
  • Background