Not sure if this is the right place but here we go!

I love the text app! It used to allow me to write replies without going into the chat system and revealing what I am doing as others would see me writing replies (charade is using Ecchi text) and would get upset if they had not received one from me yet. I figured out how to hide what I am doing and to disable the messenger to stop unwanted spam. I have anxiety telling people no. :[

**I write on grammarly and copy/paste to the site when doing rp replies**Β 

When I am in the mail messenger, it double spaces and when I put it in text messenger it takes away the spaces and makes it a blob of text. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to line drop in the text? When I paste it into the text, it shows the lines are spaced but when I send it they disappear into one paragraph and is hard to read. I guess my question is, is there a way to fix this?

Edited by Charade
  • Love 1

• Community Administrator
35 minutes ago, Charade said:

I love the text app! It used to allow me to write replies without going into the chat system and revealing what I am doing as others would see me writing replies (charade is using Ecchi text) and would get upset if they had not received one from me yet. I figured out how to hide what I am doing and to disable the messenger to stop unwanted spam. I have anxiety telling people no. :[

You can also appear offline:Β https://ecchidreams.com/settings/account-security/Β which will hide your current activity on the site.Β 

image.png

35 minutes ago, Charade said:

When I am in the mail messenger, it double spaces and when I put it in text messenger it takes away the spaces and makes it a blob of text. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to line drop in the text? When I paste it into the text, it shows the lines are spaced but when I send it they disappear into one paragraph and is hard to read. I guess my question is, is there a way to fix this?

Sadly no, not unless you can change the formatting of how your editor of choice does line breaks. I suppose you could use SHIFT + Enter/Return when editing your Document and see if that helps, but I think you'd get the same issue if you copy/pasted it into a notepad file. This is going to be down to how the different editors treat line breaks. EcchiDreams uses the CKEditor which is what is supplied by IPS, and line breaks through the CKEditor are new paragraphs not a new line. To make a new line in it you need to press SHIFT + Enter/Return.

Different editors treat things differently and this is what is causing that. It's nothing we can do anything about.

Edited by Tema
Had to edit my post. CTRL + Enter here actually submits the post. LOL I meant SHIFT + Enter.
  • Thanks 1

• Community Administrator

Ah here is an example.

If I copy your post and paste it here:

I love the text app! It used to allow me to write replies without going into the chat system and revealing what I am doing as others would see me writing replies (charade is using Ecchi text) and would get upset if they had not received one from me yet. I figured out how to hide what I am doing and to disable the messenger to stop unwanted spam. I have anxiety telling people no.Β :[

It is formatted correctly. If I dump it into notepad:

image.png

It is also formatted correctly.Β 

If I dump it into Microsoft Word:

image.png

Oh dear. If I fix that and put it back on the site:

Different editors define line breaks differently and I understand your pain. It sucks, especially for large posts such as the announcements and news letters that I do; or the Terms of Service for example.Β 

• Thanks 1

It worked! The shift and enter key allowed me to line break in the live messenger. Thank you! I need to learn keyboard commands. ^-^;

This was very helpful! Thank you so much. It is a big pain but at least I can edit it now where I used to hit enter to jump a line and it would only send instead πŸ˜‚

• Woohoo 1