Mood music

Not so much a specific recommendation, but when I'm writing for a certain theme or setting, I'll search for playlists people have already created to fit the feel I'm going for. I've found fantastic list for free on SoundCloud, and more on Spotify, Amazon Music, and YouTube, although the ads on those "paid services I don't pay for" really ruin the experience for me.

Tabletop Audio has some awesome "ambience + music" sets that I use when I actually run a game, and sometimes when I'm writing.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Oh yeah, Lofi girl is awesome for doing anything that just needs a bit of ambience. It's the perfect "study" music. My tastes in music will vaguely change depending on situation and scene in the roleplay. All the way from epic battles, to sad and emotional. I played video games a lot so I'm into that "fitting soundtrack for fitting moment."

Example of music I love to listen to below! (Be careful if sensitive to very sad tunes. I just love it.) :

• Love 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...