Writing Challenges for WNS

I'm in too. Give me a picture, phrase or set me a starting scene and let's see what I can come up with. Anything @IsabellaRose can do, I can do maybe half as well. Maybe.

Same caveats apply. I'll try but if I draw a blank you just get to say, "Hah! Not so clever, are you old man?" and I will admit it.

That and $3.59 will get you a cup of over roasted coffee bean water with some whipped cream and a green and white cup.

Okay, I've started on this three times and keep getting interrupted before I finish. Can I put in an official request for a scratch pad for a few thousand characters of plain text? A draft function?

Any way, here's what we've got today:

How the People of the forest came to be the Children of the Leaf and the Children of the Root no one knew. If anyone had known, they and their knowledge were so completely forgotten that even the myths and stories began "No one knew."

To Ir of the Roots and Sashonay of the Leaves, it didn't matter, for the first time that anyone remembered stories of, the bell had rung. The stories said nothing about where the bell was or who would ring it, only that when it did the Children were to send their chosen ones to the sunlit glade,

The Children of the Root knew little of light or warmth - the trees as tall as a hundred men hid the sky. The Children of the Leaf knew as much about the hard ground or sure footing. Thus it was that with fear and wonder, each set out. Sashonay, awoke from the sacred bed of the seers and greeted dawn with the watch keepers, She was anointed, with the fragrant oils of flowers from downtrunk and resin from the heartwoods, dressed in the white robes of those sent to feed the trees and left the intricately interwoven, living leaves and branches of the Green Stars Temple.

She had, until the tolling of the sacred bell, been a runner. Sent to the temples and palaces to hear the messages, and run across the roof of the world to deliver the words. She knew more than the words. She delivered tone, inflection and body language to

Stay tuned. Updates forthcoming. I hope.

• Love 1

insure the entirety of the communication was sent. Her body was trained to store the minuscule motions and timing she was consciously unaware of. It was that same unconscious control that allowed her to dash over the canopy, her feet choosing branches without thought.  She carried a message for the Children of the Root now. And she rushed across the roof of the world toward the sacred scar.

Away, below, hidden from the stars and light, Ir woke. The elders and wise women surrounded him and prayed. They had sat over him all night as he slept, guiding both dreamer and dream, to the paths of wisdom that ran through the tangled roots of the world. Past the Bark Dwellers, the thorn fungus mud and falls