Ultra Calamity - A Pokemon Ultra Moon Nuzlocke: Episode 0 - The Rules

So I'm doing this on another site, and I figured while I slowly make progress on writing Red Moon Nightmare chapters because writer's block is like an iron wall sometimes, I spread the despair I'm probably going to experience when I hit lategame.  Until I've caught up with my backlog of episodes (since I update on Fridays), I guess I'll put up each episode at some random time so it doesn't seem like I'm taking over the Creative Corner like some kind of tyrant.  Anyway, without further delay, let's get into it.

The time has come at long last.  Time for me to exact my revenge on the Alola region.  You see, it's sort of a funny story.  Once upon a time, I did a Pokemon Sun Nuzlocke.  The first island was fairly tame, but then the second island happened and my party members started to drop like flies because of either Petaya Berry Salazzle killing my Crobat, Totem Lurantis being the pain in the ass it was made to be, or Skill Link Shellder blindsiding me twice and murdering all my Grass types, my starter included.

The third island wasn't very kind to me, either.  Totem Mimikyu on it's own wasn't a deadly threat, but it called in a Haunter that would never miss a Hypnosis, and that led to tearing my team apart just enough for the surprise Grand Trial to do even more damage since my team did badly against special attackers.  After that mess and the fourth island's fun times was final Lusamine and the Elite Four.  Let me say one thing that describes the dread Lusamine brought me.  Own Tempo Lilligant with Petal Dance and a Special Attack boost.  I ended up losing the locke to Kukui because I got my Mudsdale Whirlwinded out by Braviary when I used my X Sp. Defs to tank Flash Cannon from Magnezone.

That brings us to now.  I need an excuse to play Ultra Moon and an excuse to totally abuse the power of the Creative Corner, so why not kill two birds with one stone?  So, ladies and gentlemen, let's get to it, shall we?  Let's cover those pesky rules first.

1. Only the first Pokemon on a given route, cave, or area may be caught.  If I kill it, run out of Poke Balls, or it Struggles to death/I be an idiot and click run (it's happened twice before in other lockes), sucks to be me.  No encounter for that route.

1.5: For some ungodly reason, some routes in Alola are massive and split into segments.  Route 1 for example has Route 1 proper, the Trainer's School, and Hau'oli Outskirts.  For areas like these, and if memory serves, Route 1 is one of the only examples of this, all the previously mentioned sections will count as three separate encounters.  Along with this, static encounters will not count against me, so my starter does not count as my first encounter, as with any mons that are encountered statically (Necrozma, Solgaleo/Lunala for example).

2. All Pokemon must be nicknamed, to forge a stronger emotional bond.  It hurts more when your precious nicknamed team members meet their untimely ends because of something stupid or a misplay on the player's part.

3. Speaking of which, let's get to the biggest rule.  If a Pokemon faints in any way, shape, or form (recoil, poison/burn, etc.), they are to be boxed or released.  For the sake of banking them over to my Ultra Sun at the end of the run, I will be boxing my dead mons.

4. Dupes clause, while optional, will be in full effect.  If I encounter something I already have, regardless of where it is in the evolutionary line, I get a new chance at an encounter.  For example, say I had a Zubat and encounter a Gobat later.  That will be classified as dupes clause.

5. Despite my luck being the definition of suck, if, and this is a huge if, I encounter a shiny, regardless of whether or not it's my first encounter, I have full rights to catch it.

6. Z-Moves are banned.  For those who have played the games already, you probably think I'm mad considering a certain encounter in lategame that a Black Hole Eclipse or Never-Ending Nightmare can clear up with ease.  Well, I couldn't use Z-Moves in Sun, so same rule applies here.

7. On the other hand, I will be free to use Rotom Powers to balance out the fact that major trainers have EV trained mons.  That and the above mentioned encounter.

8. Will I do postgame?  Maybe.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves here.  I still gotta finish the main story before I even consider doing postgame.

So I think I've covered all the rules we're going with on this run.  Without further delay, let my road to despair and (hopefully) a salty runback from losing at the tail end of the run begin.

And as I posted in the disclaimer of the original version, let's do our Rubesty.

tumblr_p0pje7FHqC1t51dpro1_1280.jpg

Archived