You got to wingmate the person above you.

Alright, you and the person above you are hitting the club for the night and they got their eyes on a fresh face. However, they are striking out and the person seems to be losing interest. How you gonna be the perfect wingmate and make sure they are gonna hit a home run? 

For clarification, the common term people us is wingman.

Also for further clarification,

Wingman: "Wingman (or wingmate) is a role that a person may take when a friend needs support with approaching potential romantic partners. People who have a wingman can have more than one wingman.  A wingman is someone who is on the "inside" and is used to help someone with intimate relationships. In general, one person's wingman will help him or her avoid attention from undesirable prospective partners or attract desirable ones, or both. " (Wikipedia.)

• 2 months later...

As your wingman, I'd... Wait, I don't know what I'm doing here. Be awkward and be such a mess that your target is so ashamed to be near me that you have a good opener to that initial conversation.

• 11 months later...

Archived