The Vault

Despite the vault currently not being used, and Ariana having achieved this station to stay away from this exact living arrangement, the young medic seemed to be putting the locked room to use. Not to imprison herself or anyone else, but to scrutinize the security of this prison and the liklihood of an escape, from the locks on it's gates, to it's position in the vessel, to the various tools and furniture available within the ship. She strutted around the cell like she owned the place, organic eyes peering through a pair of seemingly high tech glasses that she used to take occasional pictures, feeding into a handheld tablet. A communicator was tucked close to her belt in the urgent occasion that she might be needed elsewhere in a medical emergency, but for now she was content to put her criminal mind to use even if she had no intention of anything nefarious... At least just yet. But it never hurt to be prepared in case the worst occured, right?

Not making any effort to hide her observations, although hoping that innocently looking around wouldn't attract too much unwanted attention - once she was done taking various pictures she seated herself on the bed and examined her photos on the device, seemingly preferring the digital versions than simply looking at the areas in question.

• Love 2

Cayn walked through the maintenance shafts, his small size making it easy for him to slip past everyone. He was still pretty nervous around everyone, excluding his sister, though she did still make fun of him just because he was only 5'0". He had got some strange readings coming from the vault, so he decided to check in on it. He came up from a hatch, lifting himself up easily with his muscled arms. He wasn't looking forward when he walked in, looking through a holographic interface being projected from his mechanic's bracer. He almost bumped into Ariana, looking up just in time to trip on his own feet and fall on his ass. "Oh shi- Oof! Gahd...da- oh...sssorry..I didn't realize...anyone else was...here."

A confident smirk drew across the enhanced human as she scrutinizes the smaller man, it was rare for Ariana to see humans who were shorter, although not impossible - never a man however, or perhaps a boy? A few short clicks came from the glasses she wore before she lifted them up so her own eyes could look the figure over. She speaks through her grin, the smile audible in each word, almost condescending "No, apparantly not. Are you a at all lost, little buddy?" while a left arm slunk down to offer a hand. It appeared to be real, but cold to the touch indicating that it might not be as biological as it was intended to appear. Her physique didn't give the impression of much strength, but the grip of that arm seemed strong and more than capable of hauling him up. "You got a name, and a reason to be here? Or am I supposed to lock you up for tresspassing in restricted areas." she had no authority to do this of course, but testing how guillible this mechanic was might be helpful, even if part of a joking prank for now.

Edited by NewHere
  • Love 1

Despite his size, his voice was low and gravely, usually disuading any thoughts that he is a boy. He looked up to her when she spoke to him, but his eyes shifted around, avoiding her eyes. He took the extended hand, feeling the cold touch and strange lack of squish that flesh generally had. "Ye...yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, I must have had my life sign filter off on my display." His mind was focused on her arm, wondering what kind of prosthetic it was to look so lifelike, that he almost missed what she was saying. Hearing her threaten to lock him away, a frown grew on his face, but he still couldn't look her in the eyes. "Cayn McReery, first class mechanic. Though most people in the academy just called me Nuts...for nuts and bolts. And you don't...look like one of the security officers...what are you doing here? I got some strange readings on my monitoring equipment so I came to check if everything was working right."

• Love 1

After a sufficient amount of time studying his body language, she gave a half shrug with that smirk still maintained "Well, leaving the life sign filter off your display sounds like a blunder if it means you end up walking into people. Nice to meet'cha though, Cayn." she strolled to the side and shifted her glasses back over her eyes once more, seemingly looking him over again in a new light "Well, I was bored - figured I'd take a first hand look around the ship, haven't seen much of it yet. What strange readings? Not sure what'd be strange about a human in the ship." a brow cocked as she made her query.

• Love 1

He scratched the back of his head at her calling his mistake a blunder, not arguing that she was correct. He really needed to remember to do that. When she asked him about the readings, he got an excuse to look away from her and onto his arm mounted display. "Just some movement going on with the hydrolics of the door, scans of electrical bursts within the room. These rooms are equipped with various monitoring equipment, especially the cells. Pretty much anyone that does anything in them sets off my monitoring equipment. I had thought they were malfunctions, seeing as how we don't have anything or anyone stored in it yet...but I guess it was just you." The grease smudges and scrapes that coated his face were illuminated by the holographic screen projected in front of him. It seemed that talking about his work or machinery in general seemed to calm down his nervousness. He did take occasional looks to her arm as he talked, not thinking of being sneaky or sly in his observations.