Revisiting Classics

I've been enjoying revisiting some classic anime I missed out on as a kid. I started watching Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha recently, and some of the quaint animation and voice acting was really charming, and the story and action was great despite the (compared to now) inexpensive production. What are some classic anime that you enjoy, and still holds up on a rewatch?

Yu Yu hakusho is indeeed a great classic

I'd say Outlaw star is pretty good as well,  I'll always be a sucker for Sailor Moon ( really need to get around to getting the 2nd half of the VIz Redub... but had some money issues mid release schedule so didn't get Season 3 part 2 and wasn't going to just buy S4 part 1 without finishinog off S3 first... so sadly i only have half of it on DVD.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Kai Ichimasu said:

Zoids kicked ass! Remember Metabots by any chance?

I remember it, but not much about it. I'm not even entirely sure I watched it 😂. OG digimon was my jam though, loved everything up and including frontier. Damn, now I wanna just look up classic anime and rewatch it.

• 4 months later...

Revisiting the classics is always great. I love a lot of newer anime, but there's just something about the older shows that have stood the test of time that really gets my fan motor running.

I haven't started it yet, but lately I've been considering re-watching Slayers. I haven't seen it in a while, and I've only seen it's newer material once before, so it should be pretty fun once I get around to it.

Archived