Public Roleplay: How do I get started.

I've been in the community for a little while now, I've spend some time doing private roleplay with a few individuals, but I'm curious  about public roleplays. I've read through a few and I've looked around in the different tabs but I'm still not entirely sure the best way to get involved in them. I'm just looking for some advice from those who are more experienced with it than me. Which I've got none btdubs

10 minutes ago, PurpleLover said:

A mystery to me also haha, thinking about jumping into a public rp thread is pretty intimidating to me

I started one called Open Apocalypse, which I intended to be very open with few rules, so that anyone can join in. The idea is to develop a story and a world together, following and branching out from what others write.

Open Apocalypse

If you're doubtful or want advice there's an OOC thread but I wanted it to be sort of driven by events rather than planned.

Feel free to message me if you like.

2 minutes ago, Gangsta Moll said:

I started one called Open Apocalypse, which I intended to be very open with few rules, so that anyone can join in. The idea is to develop a story and a world together, following and branching out from what others write.

Open Apocalypse

If you're doubtful or want advice there's an OOC thread but I wanted it to be sort of driven by events rather than planned.

Feel free to message me if you like.

I saw it!  It was rather interesting but the public aspect of it and more story/world building focus is just really daunting to me to just hop in

it's a difficult feeling to describe 😵

23 minutes ago, PurpleLover said:

I saw it!  It was rather interesting but the public aspect of it and more story/world building focus is just really daunting to me to just hop in

it's a difficult feeling to describe 😵

Yes, I liked the world building and am pleased it is working so well, but it isn't easy to join in - though I hope some do. 🙂

I'd be happy to set up a public role play together if you like.

The open ones, like @Gangsta Moll's 

and my Halloween party do all of that on the fly. There is no lore, no established setting - it just happens organically. If you want to write sex, the Halloween Party is all sex. Interacting with others who are already involved is a little tricky, but write yourself walking up and checking out what's going on.

Spoiler: Gangsta Moll is sitting on my face and we're both pretty accommodating.

These are relatively rare situations, though. Most RP's have a more defined plot and setting, the place to figure that out is in the Out of Character posts or request threads. It works like the Private RP request forum. I'll use one of mine, that didn't get any responses, as an example (any accusations of self promotion will be rigorously acknowledged)

I don't have a clear vision of who the ship crew is or what they're doing - it's all a request to help define that. Most OOC posts are a bit more defined, and many have a more explicit kink list, or at least specific acts and ideas they want to address.

The RP clubs can be sort of divided into two broad categories, the ones that have specific settings and are more story driven and the more kink specific clubs that focus more on, well, specific kinks.

Tl; Dr. Read the OOC and try to set up a game with whoever posted the request. Or something. Maybe someone smarter than me can read it an post a Tl; Dr below.

1 hour ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

The open ones, like @Gangsta Moll's 

and my Halloween party do all of that on the fly. There is no lore, no established setting - it just happens organically. If you want to write sex, the Halloween Party is all sex. Interacting with others who are already involved is a little tricky, but write yourself walking up and checking out what's going on.

Spoiler: Gangsta Moll is sitting on my face and we're both pretty accommodating.

These are relatively rare situations, though. Most RP's have a more defined plot and setting, the place to figure that out is in the Out of Character posts or request threads. It works like the Private RP request forum. I'll use one of mine, that didn't get any responses, as an example (any accusations of self promotion will be rigorously acknowledged)

I don't have a clear vision of who the ship crew is or what they're doing - it's all a request to help define that. Most OOC posts are a bit more defined, and many have a more explicit kink list, or at least specific acts and ideas they want to address.

The RP clubs can be sort of divided into two broad categories, the ones that have specific settings and are more story driven and the more kink specific clubs that focus more on, well, specific kinks.

Tl; Dr. Read the OOC and try to set up a game with whoever posted the request. Or something. Maybe someone smarter than me can read it an post a Tl; Dr below.

All of this was very helpful thank you!

Archived