RP to a SO

I've been rp'ing on and off for a while, and one of the most unexpected things that happened from it, was I got my first girlfriend. And we were both surprised. 

So here's what happened, we were both in a rp group on Facebook. I had just finished Fire Emblem Awakening and I wanted to rp in that world. She saw my post and responded and we enjoyed the rp very much. Over time, we began to talk ooc more and more to the point that the rp was completely abandoned and we became actual friends. In discussing our lives we talked about our dating history (which I had none at the time), and she had asked if she could be my girlfriend. The surprise here is that she was (and still is)  a self-identified lesbian.

We did a lot of online date stuff before finally moving to our first irl visit. I drove out to see her, and we had a really fun time. We did eventually get sexual and it was like a dream for me at the time.

Unfortunately, this dream came to an end. I had engaged in a sex act with her that she didn't like. While I had her permission at the time, she verbalized it after. Me being an idiot, I handled this in the worst way possible and continued to do it. Naturally, this led to her breaking up with me, and I had a lot to learn. 

While I've had other partners since, and am still continuing to learn, I want to ask the community: have any of you gone from an rp partner to being an so? What was your experience like? 

• Senior Staff
1 hour ago, SoulReaper said:

Pm me I dont think this is a topic for public

@Tema with permission can you close comments if you feel that this topic needs to be sealed.

Please refrain from (what appears to be) moderating topics yourself and asking Dreamers to send you EcchiTexts regarding issues like this. Even though it doesn't come across as (effectively) impersonating staff, it can easily lead to confusion for new Dreamers.

I shall also take this opportunity to remind everybody that the report button exists for a reason.
However, that reason is not this thread; I see nothing wrong with this thread at all, in content or location.

Firstly reaper get off your high horse and off this thread... why do you think its your place to judge if someones topic should be public or not? 

Last I checked this user isnt mentioning any names or anything only talking about something they feel comfortable with sharing so nothing to get in trouble fkr

Secondly 

To answer the question on this thread

Yes I have had two relationships with rp partners ^^ one lasted 2 years but broke off on good terms as it just wasnt working out for either of us 

Second one was a few weeks and we broke off because she felt she wasnt ultimately ready for a relationship (she has her "baggage" as some people call it) and as I was ok with that I wasnt upset when she wanted to break off the relationship 

I am still good friends with both of them though and we still actively rp on and off.

• Community Administrator

Pm me I dont think this is a topic for public

@Tema with permission can you close comments if you feel that this topic needs to be sealed.

I understand that we are currently short staffed, but it is important to refrain from engaging in backseat moderating, something you have been told repeatedly. I kindly request that you avoid the temptation to act as a moderator in situations where you do not have the authority to do so. Thank you. As Foxy said, if you believe content violates the rules - please use the report button, however I can safely say that again, Foxy is correct. There is nothing wrong with this in it's content or location.

Thank you very much.

On 15/05/2023 at 15:46, thorium12 said:

I've been rp'ing on and off for a while, and one of the most unexpected things that happened from it, was I got my first girlfriend. And we were both surprised. 

So here's what happened, we were both in a rp group on Facebook. I had just finished Fire Emblem Awakening and I wanted to rp in that world. She saw my post and responded and we enjoyed the rp very much. Over time, we began to talk ooc more and more to the point that the rp was completely abandoned and we became actual friends. In discussing our lives we talked about our dating history (which I had none at the time), and she had asked if she could be my girlfriend. The surprise here is that she was (and still is)  a self-identified lesbian.

We did a lot of online date stuff before finally moving to our first irl visit. I drove out to see her, and we had a really fun time. We did eventually get sexual and it was like a dream for me at the time.

Unfortunately, this dream came to an end. I had engaged in a sex act with her that she didn't like. While I had her permission at the time, she verbalized it after. Me being an idiot, I handled this in the worst way possible and continued to do it. Naturally, this led to her breaking up with me, and I had a lot to learn. 

While I've had other partners since, and am still continuing to learn, I want to ask the community: have any of you gone from an rp partner to being an so? What was your experience like? 

@Neptune and I started off as roleplay partners back in 2008; we're now husband and wife. Our first meeting was a little awkward to say the very least but we come to really enjoy each other's company and we worked on any issues and challenges we faced. We worked out from pretty early on that we were very compatible with each other; where I was weak - she was strong, and where she was weak, I was strong, and where we both didn't have a fuckin' clue; we helped each other. I had a string of awful - and downright abusive relationships before I met her, I was in a very bad place, practically homeless and already trying to get off drugs. I think it's fair to say that were it not for her, I would have never found the strength to turn my life around for the better and I certainly wouldn't be a Community Administrator here. To this day we still complement each other. She is my wife, my best friend and I guess you could say; soul mate.

We met on Bebo; a now defunct Social Media site, that kind of predates Facebook; it was around the MySpace era. So... Prehistoric in internet terms.

3 minutes ago, Tema said:

I understand that we are currently short staffed, but it is important to refrain from engaging in backseat moderating, something you have been told repeatedly. I kindly request that you avoid the temptation to act as a moderator in situations where you do not have the authority to do so. Thank you. As Foxy said, if you believe content violates the rules - please use the report button, however I can safely say that again, Foxy is correct. There is nothing wrong with this in it's content or location.

Thank you very much.

@Neptune and I started off as roleplay partners back in 2008; we're now husband and wife. Our first meeting was a little awkward to say the very least but we come to really enjoy each other's company and we worked on any issues and challenges we faced. We worked out from pretty early on that we were very compatible with each other; where I was weak - she was strong, and where she was weak, I was strong, and where we both didn't have a fuckin' clue; we helped each other. I had a string of awful - and downright abusive relationships before I met her, I was in a very bad place, practically homeless and already trying to get off drugs. I think it's fair to say that were it not for her, I would have never found the strength to turn my life around for the better and I certainly wouldn't be a Community Administrator here. To this day we still complement each other. 

We met on Bebo; a now defunct Social Media site, that kind of predates Facebook; it was around the MySpace era. So... Prehistoric in internet terms.

Congratulations on your marriage! You two sound really good for each other, and I'm glad you found the strength to stay on track!

Archived