Rebuilding From Scratch

By the time they had returned to the back stage area Emi's brief period of confidence, which had been granted to her thanks to the few people around, had more or less fizzled away. Now they were in the presence of multiple magical girls and knights! Also they were not far off from being introduced to who knew how many fans. If she was lucky she wouldn't really need to speak in front of them.

Alexandrine!

Squeezing Rin's hand and the little plushy she held against her chest, Emi made her way over to where their friend had gathered. She had been speaking to another girl, and now the two were being introduced to her! As it turned out this girl was actually the one who had sent Alexandrine after her in the first place. While she was curious as to why she'd done this Emi decided not to press it. Everything had worked out in the end. Perhaps it had simply been curiosity?

A hand was offered to her. Emi released her grip upon Rin's hand and extended her own to accept it, lowering her head slightly out of respect.

"Ueno. Emi Ueno" she replied as confidently as her timid voice would allow in the moment. "It is nice to meet you." The thought that Alexandrine was happier now did cause her fluffy white tail to wiggle a bit. That was good!

• Love 1

Neither Alexandrine or Jumi commented on the little plush Alexandrine in Emi’s hands.  Alexandrine found it a little cute.  “I hope you two had a good time wandering around, decided some of things you will do with the fans.”  She looked towards the curtain, with the stage beyond.  “Once everything is ready, they call us out one team at a time.  We give a little speech.  New ones, like you two, introduce yourselves.  You don’t have to say much.”

Jumi looked uneasily to Alexandrine.  “Are you ready for this?”  Alexandrine nodded.  “I’ve put this off too long.  They deserve to know.”  She took a few deep breaths, kept a calm face.  She made a promise to her old leader, dying in her arms.  She would live on.  She would not cry for them.  She had shed a single tear since that day.  She intended to keep that promise.  She would tell the public why none of them went on the stage with her.  Why she was coming with a pair of new girls.

Jumi sighed softly.  “Alright, just don’t push yourself too hard.”  She put a hand on Alexandrine’s shoulder, then walked over to her team.  Sounds of a crowd gathering could be heard.  “We still have a little time to get ready.  The audience is still gathering.  We won’t be the first team out either.”

• Love 1

A few quick nods confirmed that Emi had in fact had a good time wandering around! It had been pleasant! They knew they were going to sing, at least, but beyond that she didn't personally know what else she might actually do. No, she was perfectly fine with following the lead of someone else. If she were on her own? Well then she'd need to figure that out. But Rin had experience with these things, even if it was just from the other side! Actually perhaps it was better if it was from the other side, as it offered to her a perspective that she probably couldn't get herself.

Well, unless I became well known enough that people dressed up as me. Then I could come and pretend to be someone dressed up as me! Actually that might be a really good idea.

Thankfully Alexandrine would be giving the speech. She would only need to introduce herself. It was still a big ask from someone as shy as she was, but it was something she thought she might be able to accomplish! Well, as long as they were there anyways. Which they would be.

Nor was Emi the only nervous one. Rin probably was to some degree, but Alexandrine had a lot more to be nervous about. Inwardly she would cheer the woman on. She could do it!

Now they had time. Time to wait. Wait and dread the coming spotlight. Emi certainly didn't like that. Her gaze remained glued to the floor, both arms now squeezing the plushy to her mostly flat chest. Little Alexandrine protect her!

• Love 1

It was a slow wait, the crowd noises gradually growing.  Eventually the curtains opened.  A loud cheer as the announcer spoke, marking the official opening of the event.  Going over the usual introductions.  Wishing luck to anyone who might be chosen for private meetings and then inviting the first team out, who walked towards the crowd waving.  Greeting them, giving some updates on what they had been up to.

Alexandrine quietly watched the other team.  One she was aware of but never really interacted with.  “Look over the crowd there when it is our turn.  See if anyone stands out.  You don’t have to have a private meeting with anyone.  But feel free to invite anyone who you want too, if they seem interesting, friendly whatever, boys or girls.”  The meeting did not have to be sexual of course, but if Emi and Rin wanted it to be, they were encouraged to do.  The important thing was just to have a special moment the chosen fans would not forget.

• Love 1

White ears perked up as the curtains opened and cheers spilled even into the back stage area. So many noises! Emi's senses were heightened without a transformation, and with one that was kicked up even greater, however her best by far was her sense of hearing. Those ears weren't just for show, after all! Unfortunately it also meant that loud, sharp noises affected her more. This amount wasn't enough to disable her or anything, however it did reinforce her growing anxiety towards being in front of large crowds.

Go out there. Introduce yourself. Let Alexandrine do the talking. You can do this!

Picking people out from a crowd was another thing she definitely wasn't looking forward to. Not only did it mean interacting with strangers in front of a bunch of other strangers, but more importantly it meant picking some people over others! That meant that she would be letting down anyone that she didn't pick! Was there a way to just pick everyone? Probably not, right? The idea made her feel terrible, even though she knew that it wasn't really bad as she was making it out to be.

Pick someone. I have to pick people. How do I pick? Is there something I can do for the people I don't pick? Maybe Alexandrine and Rin will pick. But then if I don't pick anyone won't that also look bad?!?

She squeezed the plushy a little harder. Being a magical girl was a lot more than she'd thought it'd be. Honestly fighting a Demon felt more comfortable to her right now!

• Love 1

Alexandrine squeezed Emi’s shoulder, as the teams switched.  Now Jumi’s team went up.  Much of the same.  “Just look when it is our turn.  No pressure.  It is just the one time you can see everybody.”  They had all day.  A few days really, to make that choice.  They could choose several batches.  They could also choose someone later, from the smaller interactions over the various events they did together.

Rin tried to encourage her too.  ”Don’t worry Emi.  We’re doing everything here as a pair.  Will pick them together.  Spend time with them together.  I’m sure it will be fun.”  She had hoped to be one of the fans picked.  Understood how special it was.  She wanted to return the favor, give a few people who would not have been chosen otherwise a chance.

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

Elie had been so busy with recording songs and meeting with her mangers and vocal teachers she had forgotten about the convention. She was running behind as she looked out the limousine. "Sir is there anyway we can go faster. I need to be at this event like now. It is my fault for losing track of time. You're not to blame I am."

The driver smiled. "No problem Ms. We will be there soon. You need not worry. I know you've been through alot lately." He said taking a turn seeing the convention hall in slight. Elie took a deep breathe and calmed her mind. After what happened a few days ago with losing her virginity, being marked by a demoness and having to be saved she felt like her powers were at a all time low.

Once they pulled up Elie looked around as she saw the entrance for the magical girls and Knights. The driver pulled up and got out of car to open the door for her. "Here you go Ms. Have fun and please don't be afraid to call me after the event was done." Elie nodded as she bowed. "Thank you and thank you for understanding and keeping my secret Sebastian." Sebastian smirked before he bowed. He then got back into the limousine and rode away. Elie had a small bag with her and inside was a  change of clothes, her personals like makeup, hair brush and etc, her wallet and her tarot cards. She even had some snacks, her water bottle and journal with her scheduling book that had the Lotus Princess Logo on it.

Edited by ElieCapulet30
  • Love 2

Again Emi jumped, only this time because her shoulder had been squeezed. It drew her attention up towards the source. Look towards the crowd and see the fans. See everyone. Everyone would see her too! Her heart was racing but her head nodded timidly. She could do that much. Surely she could do that much?

It brought to mind something she'd heard before. Just imagine that everyone is naked. People said that was supposed to help with embarrassment, but wouldn't it also just distract her with other thoughts? Other feelings? Was being horny on stage better? Probably not, right?

She turned her gaze towards Rin, nodding again. Do everything as a pair. Or a trio, rather. Pick people together. Spend time with people together. Have fun together. As a team! A team meant not leaving the other two just because she was scared. They were probably scared too, right? Probably just better at hiding it?

Together. We can do this together!

• Love 1

There was also the woman they had recently saved from the demons.  A troublesome thing.  Proof a new team was needed.  It was unclear if that demon was a lone agent or part of something greater.  The other they ran into did not seem connected to the first one.  They had to look into that more.  But it should be safe to have this break.

That woman, Elie was likely to be here, but Alexandrine did not see her yet.  Hopefully she had recovered from what that woman did.  Alexandrine knew how painful and confusing it could be to be violated by a demon.  She had invited to visit her apartment, if she ever wanted to talk about it.

Jumi’s team came back from their speech.  “…It’s our turn now.  I will start.  But you two should introduce yourselves too.”  Alexandrine led the two girls to the stage, some initial cheering, mixed with confusion.  Who were the new girls?  Where was the rest of the team?

As the noise quieted, Alexandrine cleared her throat.  “Thank you, it has been a while, hasn’t it?  I have some sad news to tell you all…a few years ago, my team went to fight a demon lord in his home.  A final battle.  We won…but the others did not make it out…”

”I have spent the last few years mourning them.  Wondering if I would fight again.  But I have realized, it is not time for me to retire yet.”  The crowd was silent, in shock about the news.  A few could be seen crying.

”This is a day for celebration.  Thank you for sympathy, for those of you who hoped to meet them.  I am here to celebrate too.  I am putting together a new team.  These two are the beginning, a few more may join later.”  She glanced at Emi, checking if she was prepared to introduce herself, or if Rin should first.

• Love 2

Posted (edited)

Elie could hear cheers as she sighed. She remembered Alexandrine telling her she could visit her and talk about what happened but Elie was to scared after the event to speak. She closed her eyes taking a deep breathe before a bright flash of light appeared and then a veil of starlight and darkness like the night sky. Her tarot cards circled her before the veil disappeared and Elie floated down. 

She looked at herself on mirror as her hair flowed behind her. Her cards now floating behind her waiting for them to used. She put her bag down before entering the convention hall as the Princeas of Fate. "I hope I didn't upset anyone by being late....." She sighed still feeling like her powers weren't as special or strong as she thought and that she was only a troublesome girl to those other magical girls.

Edited by ElieCapulet30
  • Love 2

In her nervous wreck of a state Emi had completely forgotten that others were supposed to join them here today! It didn't really help that they were getting here late either, but then people in their line of work always had good reasons for being late. The woman they had met especially had good reason given the state they had found her in before. It was a situation she hoped to never find herself in, but one that also seemed to be all too common for girls in their occupation.

But then perhaps forgetting about that was for the better. Right now Emi had to deal with something frightening enough: an audience of strangers and their attention focused upon her! Well, not just her but even being in a group of three didn't help much. Her body was trembling slightly, didn't even move forward for a few moments until Alexandrine had passed her. She nearly tripped over herself in her rush to catch up but, thankfully, had managed to recover before actually exiting onto the stage.

Multicolor orbs winced as bright lights made contact. When the crowd came into view she felt her stomach sink a little and her heart instantly accelerate. Arms squeezed against the plushy, only then reminding her that she had, in her nervous state, carried it onto the stage with herself. Bright pink shot up her face. Already she was embarrassing herself!

Focus on the others! Focus on the others! Focus on the others!

Alexandrine seemed very calm, but she was really experienced with this. A true professional. Even Rin seemed less nervous, but then she had at least been to these things before! That and, well, it did seem to be something of a dream of hers'. The fact that she might be so happy in this moment did allow Emi to relax a slight bit, and so too did Alexandrine's somber announcement, enough that the pink in her face lessened in intensity.

When she and Rin were acknowledged the bunny's body tensed and straightened up, even her ears! She swallowed hard, tried to ignore the trembling of her body, and the gaze of the crowd, and her rather skimpy outfit, and the intensity of the lights, and everything else that was plaguing her in the moment. Her lips parted, voice emerged quietly, perhaps even too quietly. "I-"

Wait! I can't use my name! A name! What did people call me? The White Rabbit? That sounds kind of silly, right? Oh gosh I forgot to give myself a name! Okay just think of something! Something good!

A couple of silent seconds passed. "I am L-luna." The moon. She liked the moon. It calmed her in the night. A brilliant white light which lit up the otherwise dark landscape. It was pretty, and comforting, and reminded her of nights spent with her mother. "R-rabbit. Luna Rabbit." Just Luna would have been weird. Rabbit made sense, given what she was. Also it might have just been chalked up to her transformation and not the fact that she was actually partially some monster trying its best to be a Human. It was still a silly name. Actually it was a very dumb name! But maybe she could get a new one later? She just needed something for now.

Regardless, with her fumbled introduction made Emi lowered her head towards the crowd. Yep. That was her introduction! It was Rin's turn. Now she could just remain silent for the rest of the presentation! And, hopefully, keep from just passing out right there on the spot. Maybe she should have eaten something, or had something to drink.

• Love 1

While the tree of them were up making their introductions, Jumi saw Elie make her appearance and walked over, with a friendly smile.  “Another new girl?  Getting a number of them today.  Well, you may already know who I am, but in case you don’t, Rose Fairy.  Welcome to the world of Magical Girls.  Here by yourself, or are you a new member of a team?”  She was unbothered by the amount of skin showing on the other woman.  It was not that rare for a Magical Girl.

Back on the stage, it was about as good of an introduction as could be expected for Emi.  It did not bother the audience.  They cheered for her.  Of course a number of eyes were on her, especially from the boys.  A few isolated ‘pick me’s could be heard among the cheering.  Which quieted down as Rin stepped up.  “Hello, I’m Rin Nyoko.  I have grown up admiring Magical Girls.  Dreaming that this day might come.  I was lucky to meet the Diamond Sorceress, the same night she found my friend, Luna.  She saw the power within me, helped me to bring it out.  I’m looking forward to having a lot of fun with you all.  Come see me and Luna sing later!”  She had been nervous, but she managed to well, there was a lot more cheering.

• Love 2

Posted (edited)

Elie smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you Rose Fairy. I'm the Princess of Fate. I believe Alexandrine spoke about you and how amazing you are with your powers." She said her tarot cards resting on her hip so that they wouldn't freak anyone out. "Alexandrine told me to come this convention. I am here by myself but I was late because of stuff outside my magical girl life. If you know what I mean."

Edited by ElieCapulet30
  • Love 2

That woman had become a magnet for new Magical Girls, hadn't she?  "Diamond  Sorceress."  Jumi gently corrected her.  "Back here there are no secrets in that area.  But it won't be long before you are out in the crowd.  Careful not to use real names."  It was important to get that in the woman's head now.  Something she had to practice.  She glanced out to the stage, Alexandrine had done better than she hoped.  The one new girl did well too, the bunny girl seemed to be overwhelmed.  But that was not a big deal.  She had left a good impression even with her shyness.

"Mixing the two lives?"  She shrugged.  "I get it somewhat, I suppose.  Though I've been doing this I was a little kid.  This side has always been the bigger half of my life."  Sure there were things like school, but she had less of a personal life than many here.  "Things like this are kind of like holidays for me."  It was one of the rare times she could really relax, have some fun.  Both with the other Magical Girls/Knights and the fans.

Seeing Emi was more or less frozen, probably not really processing anything Rin said, Alexandrine decided that was enough for her new team.  She bowed slightly.  "Thank you all again.  We hope to see you all at the various events here."  She guided Emi back to the relative safety of the back stage area.  After a wave, Rin started following them.  There were still others who had to make speeches, they would have time to rest a little before going back to the crowd.  She glanced at Elie, talking to Jumi.  She was glad the woman made it, but for now she did not interrupt her talk with Jumi.  Elie could see them after they were done, if she wanted.  For now she tried to calm Emi.  "You did a good job, see how happy they were to see you?"

• Love 2

Just focus on the others. Wait for my turn? Who to pick? Focus on the others. It's really hot in here. Why are the lights so bright?

Before she knew it the lights suddenly disappeared. Eyes blinked as she glanced around, having been led back into the back stage area. Alexandrine was talking. She had done well?

Huh?

The time she had spent up front had passed in a blur. Now she was here. She was safe. Emi could finally loosen the death grip she'd held upon her poor plushy, could finally breathe. She hadn't really seen their faces. No, she hadn't really been focused on anything beyond not messing up.

"H-happy?"

She didn't understand it. Why would they have been happy with that? Emi hadn't really done anything. If anything she thought that she'd messed up! But if they were happy with her then she was, in turn, happy. Making people happy was part of why she had gotten into this occupation in the first place.

"Sorry. I blanked out, I think" she whispered.

• Love 1

Hearing herself being corrected Rlie went silently. She was still getting over the feeling of feeling worthless because she had to saved. She nodded softly. "Y....yes her. Sorry...." She said a bit depressed before she began listening to Jumi's life story. "Thank you for your time....but....I...I think it was mistake to come. Sorry for wasting your time Ms. Rose Fairy." Elie said before walking back to the room she had her stuff in.

• Love 2

Jumi followed and grabbed Elie’s hand, gently but firmly.  “Relax.  We’re all on the same side here.”  She could tell there was something bothering Elie.  She had a few guesses to what it could be, but it could also just be something from her civilian side.  “She was right, I think spending some time here would be good for you.  I won’t force you to talk about whatever happened, but there are people here you can trust.”

”I don’t know if you heard what she was saying in that speech just now.  But the Diamond Sorceress has gone through a lot.  She spent the last few  years barely living, locked away in her apartment, when she was not working.  Empty inside.  It looks she has finally found something though, and is here for healing as much as anything.”  She hoped something here would reach out to Elie, make her feel slightly better.  Hopefully she would find some fun here, recover at least a little.

Alexandrine watched Elie run off and Jumi follow her.  Hopefully that turned out well.  The poor girl was clearly still traumatized over what that demon did to her.  For now she would let Jumi try to fix it, but she might try to talk to her again later.

She nodded to Emi.  “Happy.  A lot of people can find shyness like that in a girl like you cute.  They want to see more of you…Rin did invite them all to hear you two sing.”  Knowing she might get scared over that, Rin quickly hugged Emi.  “You can do it, Emi!  I’ll be with you.  I won’t leave you alone for a second here.”  Emi would never be alone with a stranger or fan.  Her friend and now teammate would be there.  “I’ll do most of the talking for us, if it helps.”  At least at first, she guessed Emi would be scared to say much, thought maybe she would warm up as it went on.

• Love 2

Cute. I'll never get over that.

Just the idea that others found her cute caused the bunny's cheeks to fluster. They wanted to see more of her. Her and Rin. She had barely managed to speak on the stage. Why did she sign up for singing? That was much worse! People were going to be watching them, but they were also going to be expecting pleasant singing voices! Was her voice the right match? Wouldn't she be too quiet? Wait, what were the lyrics again? Did she need to know the lyrics?!

Emi calmed a bit as she felt Rin's arms pull her into a hug. All she could do to reply was nod. A few simple timid nods. She wouldn't be alone. Both of them would be singing. Maybe there were backup vocals she could do? But then that wouldn't be fair to Rin either. She was probably nervous too, even if it didn't seem to show. Plus she had volunteered to do most of the talking!

"Okay."

She just had to try her best when the time came! Which, hopefully, was a long ways off. Or would it be better to just get it over with? She couldn't really decide.

• Love 1

Elie looked back at Jumi her eyes showing sadness and hopelessness. She looked at the girl for moment and sighed. "I just feel like a worthless unless person. I...I had to be saved from danger when it was my own. My one card was fated against me....and I just feel like I'm nothing but trouble to the Diamond Sorceress and her people. I...I don't even know how I began this. I have so many questions I want answers and on top of it....when the demoness took my virginity....I....I started to enjoy it." Elie said shamefully but she noticed she was just ranting. "I....I'm sorry I didn't mean to rant or chew your ear off."

• Love 2

Jumi sighed softly, in pity.  So that was it?  “You are still new, aren’t you?  Without a team?  You aren’t a burden to us.  This is why we fight.  It’s dangerous.  Sometimes the enemy is stronger than us, or overcomes us due to an unexpected power, or with numbers.  You will gain experience, strength.  Eventually you will be the one to save someone.”

Now she had to deal with the bigger issue.  This girl had been raped, by a demon.  “Unfortunately that is a danger for all of us.  Our enemies have learned long ago how badly they can hurt us like that.  Also the freaks just do it because it feels good.  You are hardly the first one of us to experience something like that.  A similarity I’m sure the Diamond Sorceress has told you she has experienced as well.  It is something you always need to be on guard for while fighting.”  Well, she did not know if Alexandrine ‘liked’ it.

”Don’t feel ashamed that you ‘liked’ it.  The demon was trying to get in your head.  ‘Break’ you, make you join them, or quit fighting.  Don’t give in to the manipulation, and it doesn’t matter what you felt in that moment.”

“You can try to find some company here.  With the fans, if you think it will make you feel better.  Yeah, the rumors about those back door meeting are sometimes true.  We do sometimes screw them, men or women.  But no one will blame you, if it is too hard for you after what you just went through.  You should spend some time with the crowd.  Stick around one of us, me, the Diamond Sorceress, or one of the new girls she found.  Or someone else.  A Knight, if it will make you feel better.  She had a small smile.  “A Knight will make you forget whatever that demon did.  Sex between a Magical Girl and a Knight.  Our bodies react to each other in a way much more intense than you can imagine.  It is possible too, with two Magical Girls, but not as automatic.”

Rin let go of Emi and stepped back.  She looked to the stage.  Now Hikaru was up there, speaking about the never ending fight, how his family would always be there.  The ancient duty of Magical Girls and Knights would never end.  It was a little cliche, but there was a power and pride in his voice and words, that Rin felt strangely impressed by it.

Alexandrine had not seen the earlier interactions.  But she had wonder, considering herself a girl, and with the new body, if Rin felt a little bit of a crush on Hikaru.  She whispered to Emi.  “Don’t be scared, this could be your chance to find a few boys comfortable with you.  I do think Rin is curious to feel what it is like with a boy as a girl.  Just take your time, singing and seeing the fans, if there are any you are interested in.  But you don’t have to do it of course.”  She thought it honestly would help Emi’s self esteem, finding others attracted to her.  Fans who would look up to her.  The benefit of getting Rin into it.  Doing it together, as a pair of girls might interest Emi too.

• Love 2

The bunny's ears perked up and pointed towards two different directions. On one hand there was Hikaru and his speech. She was interested in what he had to say. Perhaps that was one of the reasons why he was so insistent upon having a wife. He had these sorts of promises to live up to! And, well, he only seemed interested in being in a crew with his family. If the others were the same then that meant having no heirs was very dangerous for their group.

Then there was also the ongoing conversation between the lady she had just met and the magical girl they had assisted before. The one who had been raped. It made her feel pretty terrible that they hadn't been able to get there sooner. Was this what it was like for her mother too? Would she find a better support system? Emi really hoped so.

I wish I could help.

Both ears, and Emi's attention, focused instead upon Alexandrine as the woman whispered words to her. Emi's face only brightened further at the suggestion, at the idea that other boys might be interested in her. It might help Rin if they did that. If nothing else she could just be there for her, right? It wasn't as though she had to actually have sex herself!

Even though it was pretty likely to happen.

Just sing. Just do it! Just give it a try. It will be good for me. For us. They're both right, right?

Arms squeezed the plushy she held, head nodding once. She would at least try to sing, even if the idea made her feel kind of woozy.

• Love 2

Elie listened to Jumi and smiled softly. "I guess I can try. I don't know much about Knights but I can try to hang out with crowd. Besides you've helped me a great deal. I do hope you enjoy the convention." Elie said before pulling her hand away and walking into the convention halls to be around the crowd and maybe see some fans or people that would like her.

• Love 2