Confuzzled Enrolement

Well greetings to everyone that managed to find this place before me I guess!

Not entirely sure why I signed up, or if I'll stick around, but after glossing over this forum several times while searching for a new place to RP some sexy situations, I decided enough was enough, and I'd at least give the place a shot before making any final decisions.

To be honest I was sort of hoping for hidden forums or something which'd be bustling with activity >_<

I probably sound really whiny right now, but I just can't understand why a place like this wouldn't be filled to the brim with enthusiastic individuals, it's a bit heavy on the advertising, but otherwise it looks like a really great place.

So yeah, fingers crossed. :P

• Community Administrator

Hello, welcome to EcchiDreams! I wish it were more active in the roleplays, but admittedly it may be my fault ^^;; Most people roleplay with me, and I have been on Leave of Absence and I have been posting on and off. As a result, it's pretty quiet. If you wanna try getting stuck in there, I can still help you set yourself up so that you can try things out.

• Community Administrator

Well greetings to everyone that managed to find this place before me I guess!

Not entirely sure why I signed up, or if I'll stick around, but after glossing over this forum several times while searching for a new place to RP some sexy situations, I decided enough was enough, and I'd at least give the place a shot before making any final decisions.

To be honest I was sort of hoping for hidden forums or something which'd be bustling with activity >_<

I probably sound really whiny right now, but I just can't understand why a place like this wouldn't be filled to the brim with enthusiastic individuals, it's a bit heavy on the advertising, but otherwise it looks like a really great place.

So yeah, fingers crossed. :P

Hello Kyrial,

Thank you for registering, and introducing yourself. I also wanted to start by thanking you for voicing your concerns, I wanted to respond to these concerns openly and honestly, as any other way would be pointless and unnecessary. I'll try not to intentionally patronise. I want to also reassure you that you don't sound whiny (At least to me) as I understand your concerns and share them. 

In regards to the activity on the forum, this has been something that I have been concerned with for a very long time, and admittedly I've done seemingly nothing to address this issue, the issue for us comes down to time, manpower and ultimately money. EcchiDreams has never been about profit, sure we advertise, but this is to address one of the biggest issues we have; to pay for our own advertising, but we also do link exchanges too which allows other sites like EcchiDreams to link in a kinda "Friends Network" or "Similar Sites". To put it bluntly; there is no money for advertising (Other than what we get from Ads on this site, and my own back pocket). Instead we're re-thinking on how to do it under a no-budget situation. A challenge, if you will (And boy is it a challenge...). 

The next issue was people power. Of course a site has to have content, not only from what the community contributes but we have to do a great deal too, and we're working on that. (Well I was trying to until my computer fried itself). But our staff were stretched a bit too thin. We were working on the Social Media Pages and trying to fix all of the problems on EcchiDreams at the same time. There wasn't enough hours in a day to cope with this.

That is why we ran the EcchiSocial Staff Application; so we could reboot our social media pages and provide excellent content on there, while we work on the site. It was a Voluntary position that ran earlier this year, and in the end out of all the suitable applicants only one has remained. Unfortunately he's still extremely new to all of this and I'm just finishing up on his "training". We reconise Social Media as being important for Advertising for EcchiDreams if used correctly; but we will not get there by being "spamming dicks" about it. We're going to try and credit every artist, and advertise their work too, give people information, make them aware and ultimately to be a sort of, friendly face. Represent who we want EcchiDreams to be.

The last critical issue we've had is restarting. The last restart was actually the 8th to happen since EcchiDreams has been open, one while I was in control which I fully investigated and put in measures to prevent this from ever happening again that to be honest I could have implemented sooner, but hindsight is a wonderful tool. On top of automated backups, I make a manual backup every month, and a database backup (A snapshot) every week. I even got myself a scheduler to remind me to do it, and it's become a habit. 

The Advertising concern I appreciate you not being too bothered and whilst I was the first administrator to stop "Paid for premium membership" partly for legal reasons and the fact that it just covered the cost of hosting. But because I lost the only thing that could make money for the Advertising Budget I brought in advertising so you (the member) didn't feel you had to fork out money on some little site, we don't even have a donate option. We (before I was the Site Administrator) used to take money from Premium Memberships (as mentioned above), I (because of where I live) may have legal issues with such a system as well as personal issues. So I made it contribution based, EcchiCredits - Earned from posting/rewards/etc = Premium Membership and nice little addons, which we were going to use to make your EcchiDreams account more personalisable (by not restricting already possible personalisable aspects. Like we won't start charging EcchiCredits for uploading a new avatar, for example). 

So I brought in adverts to cover the cost. However I'm also willing to concede that it's perhaps a bit over the top. I see them too; despite being staff, and also a platinum member. Infact I'm fairly sure that even NeppyNepNep, and other staff sees them too. I was personally thinking about getting rid of the one on the sidebar and stop that popup from opening on mobile browsers. When I get my computer fixed; that'll be the first thing I will do. 

I hope this addresses your concerns. Feel free to reply to this either here or in an EcchiText. If you're concerned about something; as I always say. Don't hesitate to ask. :)