Regarding Competition

As I continue to put this league together, I wanted to bring a few things up for discussion regarding our league competitions.

In the Q&A thread I asked about the game types and formats we may want to use so I have an idea of who wants to do what and how to proceed with it, so if you have any input be sure to drop it there.

It's an exciting time to be a Pokémon fan with Scarlet and Violet coming out soon and having us start on a clean slate yet again. No one is completely sure of what Pokémon will or will not be available when the game launches, so that is where our competitions will begin.

I do know this at the moment: For our inaugural Dream League competition, we will be using Scarlet and Violet and the Paldea Pokédex. The reason that we are doing this is so that everyone can be on a level playing field for our first competition, everyone will be able to research and put their optimal teams together and no one will have an edge against anyone else. Everyone will have adequate time to prepare and we will discuss matchups when everyone is ready. If there will be prizes or not, other than bragging rights and getting experience in competitive play (or casual play, competitions will be held for it too), I'm not quite sure. This can also be discussed in the Q&A.

The winner of the inaugural Dream League competition will be named our first Ecchidreams Pokémon League Champion, and they will have to defend their title in later competitions.

1 hour ago, Pixel said:

In the Q&A thread I asked about the game types and formats we may want to use so I have an idea of who wants to do what and how to proceed with it, so if you have any input be sure to drop it there.

As much as I would love to suggest 6v6 singles, we don't know if they're going to retain the abysmal 20 minute battle timer or if we'll have the ability to set rules.