The Obliging Wench Tavern - OOC Chat

1 minute ago, DreamsnThings said:

oh! i was going a little bit for that luck flavoring so its good to know its good!

I see aid another requires an attack roll made in melee range... now... do i make that strictly with strength since its in melee range or can i use my dex for a range attack roll for aid another?

You would need to make a melee roll to aid on melee and a ranged roll to aid on ranged.

However you also add your BAB and you get the +1 from supportive you will pass most of the time.

2 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

uh... how can i make a ranged aid another? i thought the rules were... *confused neko noises*

So let's say you aiding someone that is going to fire a bow, this requires then to make a ranged attack.

If you are adjacent to the them you would your BAB plus DEX mod.

If they were attacking with sword that would be Melee roll which is BAB plus STR mod.

Is that clearer?

Just now, MagnificentBastard said:

So let's say you aiding someone that is going to fire a bow, this requires then to make a ranged attack.

If you are adjacent to the them you would your BAB plus DEX mod.

If they were attacking with sword that would be Melee roll which is BAB plus STR mod.

Is that clearer?

doesn't the aid another action require your ally to be in melee range as well? also im mostly going to be doing the AC aid another action, how exactly does that one work?

doesn't the aid another action require your ally to be in melee range as well? also im mostly going to be doing the AC aid another action, how exactly does that one work?

You are right it does say melee combat so forget what I said about ranged my bad. 😅

It works the same for AC BAB + STR mod.

It does work different with skills. Also of you are going to be in melee you need a melee and some armor.

The feat Weapon Finesse woukd be useful for your character.

1 hour ago, MagnificentBastard said:

You are right it does say melee combat so forget what I said about ranged my bad. 😅

It works the same for AC BAB + STR mod.

It does work different with skills. Also of you are going to be in melee you need a melee and some armor.

The feat Weapon Finesse woukd be useful for your character.

if weapon finess can let me aid via dex then im 100% for it

Just now, DreamsnThings said:

if weapon finess can let me aid via dex then im 100% for it

It says an attack roll so as far as I can tell yes. You have to pick a finessable weapon, Rapier is the usual choice but any light weapon will do .

If you get an Agile weapon you can also add Dex to damage. Or take the Dervish Dancer feat.

1 hour ago, MagnificentBastard said:

It says an attack roll so as far as I can tell yes. You have to pick a finessable weapon, Rapier is the usual choice but any light weapon will do .

If you get an Agile weapon you can also add Dex to damage. Or take the Dervish Dancer feat.

... welp among the weapon finess options... the only one i can justify for a farmer is a whip, flavoring it like a lasso maybe?... so i guess that might be the route I go there?..

2 minutes ago, DreamsnThings said:

... welp among the weapon finess options... the only one i can justify for a farmer is a whip, flavoring it like a lasso maybe?... so i guess that might be the route I go there?.

Whips are terrible weapons in Pathfinder, for one you aren't proficient in them and they don't do lethal damage.

Oracle's are proficient with simple weapons this are weapons that are so simple to use anyone could use them. That includes the dagger which is what I recommend you use.

You can also use feats to gain weapon proficiencies but I dont you want that.

@DreamsnThings

Chiyako's idea is a good one, Catfolk can gain claws to attack by taking the Cat’s Claws alternative Racial Trait.

All natural weapons are light weapons and therefore work with Weapon Finesse.

But your attacks will be weak because because of the lack of Strength damage.

Edited by MagnificentBastard

6 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

Whips are terrible weapons in Pathfinder, for one you aren't proficient in them and they don't do lethal damage.

Oracle's are proficient with simple weapons this are weapons that are so simple to use anyone could use them. That includes the dagger which is what I recommend you use.

You can also use feats to gain weapon proficiencies but I dont you want that.

i mean, with the whip, wouldn't i have a 15 reach for my "aid another" action? or am i missing something there with how that works? dagger could also work though

6 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

Or be like the crazy fox and just go without any weapons because you spent all your gold on other things and it wouldn't fit the character.

...if we did not start at level 7 and started at level 1 i would 100% do this

50 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

It's okay I have other tools.

Like fireballs!

And tricky magic stuffs!

And also running away she will be doing a lot of that. Leave the fighting to the fighty people.

well I... have... uh... healing... and... hm. *realizes she has no clue what an oracle actually does* hrm...

well I... have... uh... healing... and... hm. *realizes she has no clue what an oracle actually does* hrm...

You have the Cleric list so healing buffing. We will get to that after the feats.

I think you have been amazing at absorbing all of this information.

47 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

You have the Cleric list so healing buffing. We will get to that after the feats.

I think you have been amazing at absorbing all of this information.

well i played in a few 5e campaigns, this feels like a less flashy more numbers heavy version of 5E

1 hour ago, DreamsnThings said:

i mean, with the whip, wouldn't i have a 15 reach for my "aid another" action? or am i missing something there with how that works? dagger could also work though

also uh... would this work?

Just now, MagnificentBastard said:

Yes and no.

Yes in that whip build could do this no in that your character couldn't.

Whips are very complicated in Pathfinder, you need like 6 feats to make them be as good as a regular weapon it's why I am suggesting you use literally anything else.

ah... so its not just picking up the proficiency via a feat to get a 15 foot aid another action?

... shoot...

.... wait im a spell caster right? do cantrips just... not exist?

... ill probably grab a dagger and sme kind of simple bow that a farmer could reasonably have/use

... now that im thinking on it im realizing im getting away from the "non combatent" idea abit much... ill take a dagger but I think i might avoid the crossbow...

since theres so many feats i guess ill talk a little about what i want there? if im going to try to use aid another and short range healing spells I want mobility to be a big thing, im assuming attacks of opportunity are a thing (they are mentioned in the whips page) so is there any feat like 5E's mobile feat that lets me avoid provoking opportunity attacks?

5 hours ago, DreamsnThings said:

... now that im thinking on it im realizing im getting away from the "non combatent" idea abit much... ill take a dagger but I think i might avoid the crossbow...

since theres so many feats i guess ill talk a little about what i want there? if im going to try to use aid another and short range healing spells I want mobility to be a big thing, im assuming attacks of opportunity are a thing (they are mentioned in the whips page) so is there any feat like 5E's mobile feat that lets me avoid provoking opportunity attacks?

Yes there is, the feat Mobility

4 minutes ago, Evergreen01 said:

If I may, is it alright if I ask what everyone's plan is in regards to class/race? I'm curious on what our party balance is so far and am struggling somewhat with picking a class myself.

Chiyako has made Kitsune Sorcere.

Dreams is working on a Catfolk Oracle.

IsabelleRose I think is playing an Aasimar but not sure

Love and Reyna haven't said either way.