"All I did was..." [Yubi x DoctorMindbender]

Sam silently held Maeve to hist chest, just letting her cry. Just as he had been there for her in the past. Only now she knew that he was her guardian angel, or so Sam's line of thinking went. He knew that he was the only one who had never betrayed Maeve, never would betray her, because Maeve was his.

Feeling her grip his jacket, he couldn't help but smile a little. He hadn't been this content since he held her as a child, and that little gesture took him back there. Just as he had, so many years ago, he rocked her gently, saying those words he said so long ago "It'll be alright. He can't hurt you anymore."

Sam heaved a sigh. He was trying not to get angry with Maeve, but why did she have to make it so difficult. "We've been over this my love. You promised to marry me. That's why I brought you here," he explained again, trying to maintain his cool, "I bought a tuxedo. I bought you a dress." He pointed to a rack, that was at the edge of Maeve's vision now that she had more freedom of movement with her arms free. From it hung a flowing white dress. Along with it a veil, and white undergarments of silk lace, that would do little to conceal what lay beneath them. "I just wanted everything to be perfect for our big day."

"Hold on. That was something I promised in childhood but wouldn't people normally forget about them after a decade or two?" Maeve wanted to maintain as much distance as possible and she saw a complete set for a bride. Oh hell no, big day? Is he planning to marry her now?! "And just a second! Marriage needs a huge process to be done and it will be hard to take back once you regret it."

He got her words absolutely twisted... Maeve just wants to get him to give up on the promise! "And besides, you may know quite a bit about me from following me around but I don't know anything about you after I moved away. I want to be familiar with the person I'll be with for life."

Why is he looking so embarrassed as if he was the one with no power in this situation?! Ugh... "Alright, that's enough. I think I'll be very blunt here. I'm not ready for a marriage especially with what I learned just now." Maeve was not ready for another relationship especially with the person who has told her that her partner was cheating on her.

Sam couldn't hold back his own anger anymore. Anger contorted his face, tears rolled down his flushed cheeks.

"Everything I did, all of this, was for you. And this, this is how you repay my kindness. You try to ruin our special day. You try to break the oath we swore!?" He lashed out, his fists pulled into tight fists, white knuckled, his body trembling with rage. "You gave yourself freely to those other ... men ... who didn't deserve you. I forgave you for that, and you still spurn me? Your betrothed?"

What in the absolute fuck? He gets to get angry? Oh screw him! "You're the one going on and on about a promise that is meant to stay in our childhood. I have moved on from that time and it's about time for you to do so too." Surprisingly, she was calm despite the fact she wants to hit him at least once.

He grabbed her wrist, "Move on? Don't deny you love me. That we were meant to be together. No matter how much you deny it, now matter how much you defile yourself, you can't cheat fate." As he spoke, he squeezed her arm wrist tightly, trying to force her to understand.

He let her go when she was off balance! This crazy bastard! As she was falling, her hands quickly landed to the floor, balancing her body so that her head wouldn't meet the floor. Ugh, the weight of the fall was hurting her palms and wrists and she quickly attempted to stand on her own.

Sam looked horrified, and concerned "I didn't want to hurt you. Why did you make me hurt you?" With that he turned for the door, "We've put it off long enough. Time to get dressed for your big day". Before Maeve could stand, he punched in a key combination into the lock securing the single door out of the room, careful to cover the keypad with his other hand to keep Maeve from hurting herself by trying to escape. He slipped through the door, letting it slam behind him. Leaving her alone.

Except for the blinking LED on a closed-circuit camera monitoring the room.

Huh? So it's her fault now?! Oh this little..! This is not the Samuel she made that promise with, this person in front of her is just a creep. She could hear him press something as she tries to stand. Once she did, she saw him open the door and quickly slam so that she couldn't get out. Goddamnit! Now that she's alone, she should try to explore and see if there was anything useful for her escape.

Thanks to the camera, he was able to watch her from the safety of the adjoining room, wondering what she will do next.

The room was small, with bare concrete walls, no windows and a single drain in the floor. Undoubtedly a basement, somewhere. A single bare incandescent bulb dangled from the ceiling, above the chair were Maeve had been tied. The folder, and it's contents, laid scattered over the floor where Sam had left them. There was a clothing rack, made of simple bent steel pipe and mounted on casters. On it were everything she would need for her wedding day. And, it all looked familiar - or it should. Sam had followed her social media accounts, her pintrest as well as hacked her search history. These were all items she had picked out - the dress, the shoes, even the lace bra and panties. The other piece of furniture, an old wooden folding table. On it was sitting the halogen spotlight he had used to blind her earlier, along with a electronic tablet and several sealed bottles of water.

• Sad 1

As Maeve explored, she was irritated for many things today. Her shoulders were tense and a frown was on her face. She was just minding her own business until she was literally kidnapped here! And get dressed for the 'big day'? "Oh hell no!" The woman shouted out at the thought of marriage and she looked to see the dress. It was familiar... She has seen this somewhere before but w-.. Wait a second... Isn't this the dress she looked online that she liked? And the undergarments too! Did he hack her account too?!

Sam was nothing, if not patient. He sat in the glow of the TV screen, watching the feed from the small concrete room. He watched her pace. He watched her scream in anger. There was no doubt in Sam's mind that Maeve would come around - after she had worn herself out screaming, and fighting, she wouldn't have any energy left to deny the simple truth of their love.