Horny Break: Gimme your sweetest, corniest, cheesiest, most romantic lines/passages :)

This may not QUITE fit, but this is something that I've had saved for quite long time and I find it very moving, when I contemplate it, which I do more frequently than you might guess. Sometimes, it brings tears to my eyes when I look at this image and reflect on things from my own life.

"Love" - Alexander Milov

burning-man-sculpture-inner-child-love-a

The artist shared his point of view when creating this beautiful piece and I have my own thoughts about it, but think of the significance it can have to to you. Ultimately, love is very difficult and complicated. People are imperfect messes and it's not always easy to express ourselves, sometimes in ways that are unhealthy. We don't mean harm, and we aren't bad people, but we still hurt others anyways, when really what we really want is to try to connect, but the weight of life, adulthood, our own learned experiences and traumas, and sometimes ego, get in the way of connection the way we intend, and it causes horrible conflict. Yet, there's still that part of us inside us all, the part that remembers what it was like to be innocent, to want nothing but love and care and acceptance in a time where we didn't have time to think of anger or consequence. The part that we feel reaching out on our darkest times, but we can't always hear, that begs the question of "Why does it have to be this way?". The part that wants to communicate, "I'm sorry. I'm scared. I love you.".

Let go of anger. For better or worse, let go of anger, forgive, move forward. Give love whenever you can.

My girlfriend told me, and I'm paraphrasing because my memory is imperfect, "I've spent my whole life chasing after something I could never find, trying to get to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when I KNEW there was no end of the rainbow. I ran with, away from, around, and past you looking for it until I realized that you're my pot of gold, you're the treasure I've always been searching for... you're everything I could ever want."

I cannot tell you how much i love that sentiment ^_^

Here's one from a shonen anime of all things.

"I have often thought about what kind of life I could have had if things were slightly different. What career could I have had, what people would I have met, how my world could change so dramatically with the smallest alterations in my past.

However, I know one thing for certain. Across a thousand lifetimes, knowing a million different people, I know for a fact I would always fall in love with the same person. I would always fall for you."

Extra poignant since the words are spoken while the speaker is crying over the unconscious body of the person they never had the courage to confess to before, and it is the last thing they say to anyone before willfully going to the BBEG's side in the dead of night to avoid the destruction that will come if they don't go freely.

Sometimes stupid shows about swords and ghosts deliver some lines that are unbearably too good for the rest of the product lol.

Archived