I need some advice.

Hello, I’m new to this place. I found it while looking for someplace to spend some of my free time. I’m looking for some advice on how to overcome my anxiety about posting a thing in the private Roleplay area. I’m worried I’m going to be made fun of for my choice in style and what I want to do. (Stupid to worry about that I know.)

Does anyone have any advice for either getting rid of this anxiety or how to overcome it?

Go read a few. There's all kind of stuff in there, Some of it funny, some of it incredibly imaginative, some of it dark and terrible but none of it got made fun of,

That's honestly something the site doesn't tolerate as a community or officially through the admins.

If you'd like you can PM me with it and I'll help you polish it as much as I can.

I'll put this bluntly:  There is no magic solution for this.  There is no one trick or thing you can do will instantly make the anxiety go away or allow you to overcome it.  You just have to do it.  You have to better, be stronger than your anxiety or your insecurity.  You have to steel your mind and you have to make it not matter.  Yes, you could build your confidence first, but to build your confidence, you have to do things like this.  You have to ignore the bad that people might say, but at the same time, have a mind that is open to criticism.  Some might not like it but be willing to tell you things to help you improve.  Others will say things just to be mean and make you feel bad.  You can't listen to them.

That's just some general advice.  I struggle with insecurities all the time, but the only way I can beat them is to tell them they're wrong.  To be confident in myself and believe what I know.  Ultimately, it takes choice.  You have to choose to believe otherwise.  You have to choose to be confident.

As far as this site itself is concerned, people are rarely mean for no reason.  If you post something and they like it, they'll let you know.  If they don't, usually they won't say anything.  And while it could happen, someone might decide to be a dick and say crap to you, I feel like there are rules and systems in place that will prevent those people from harassing you too much.  The Mods are pretty quick to get to that kind of stuff and put a stop to it before it goes too far.

If there's someone you want to post on here, then just fucking do it.  Don't worry about people liking it too much and appreciate the people that do.  Identify those that are trying to help you improve and keep an open mind to their suggestions.

16 hours ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

Go read a few. There's all kind of stuff in there, Some of it funny, some of it incredibly imaginative, some of it dark and terrible but none of it got made fun of,

That's honestly something the site doesn't tolerate as a community or officially through the admins.

If you'd like you can PM me with it and I'll help you polish it as much as I can.

If your offer still stands can I take you up on it? I need some help with refining it and possibly something else 😅

Hey, my english wasn't that great so I was scared to start roleplays too at first. After a few, then more, and eventually a lot of them it just became a normal thing. Don't be afraid and go for it! ❤️ (But if your still worried you can find someone you think is particularly nice about it. They often include in their preferences whether they prefer their partner to be competent or don't mind them being sort of new.)

Starting off with private roleplays is great! Don't be shy about your ideas, and don't be shy about how you write. 

On 22/02/2023 at 23:31, WritesNaughtyStories said:

You would probably find some of each just in my list of numerous bulletins, well maybe not funny. 

I had the same issue when I first started on this site! At first, I'd make posts on the news bulletin saying that I was too scared to message people, then after a while of posting on there I made my way over to the private RP board (It also didn't help that I had no idea it existed!). If you have issues opening up about it, be open about that in your posts and just post your topic or current craving! This site  has a great bunch of people on here, I am sure someone will find your post and be like "hey let's RP!" Honestly, best advice I can give is to 'just do it', post your thing and wait for someone to see it!

Archived