This is a bit more of an in depth guide, because of the sheer scope of options you have. The notification settings allows you more control over how EcchiDreams gives you notifications, and if you're getting too many (or too few) emails, you can fine tune it to the way you want it set up. It can be daunting at first glance, but when you actually break it down it's pretty easy to understand. This introduction post will attempt to explain how the different options work, and what can and cannot be selected.
This guide is split into two sections, not including this introduction:
If you are uncertain as to which you're on, please click (or tap) here.
The notification settings page looks like this:
In this introduction post, I will cover what the different options are and what they mean. You can click either of the "Save" buttons and they will save all the settings on the page. In the first section you can see some options:
Send me news and information:- Enabling this option will add you to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- We very rarely send out newsletters or mass emails. If we do, it's probably because of something important, service wide. By unticking the box you unsubscribe from this, and by ticking it you subscribe. Despite being unsubscribed you will still get emails from us depending on your notification settings (unless you turn it off) - see below.
Automatically follow dreams
Dreams are pieces of content, such as a gallery image, roleplayer preferences sheet, club, topic/post and so on.
- Automatically follow new dreams I post:- If checked, you will automatically follow everything you post up.
- Automatically follow dreams I reply to:- Same as above, except for everything you reply to as well; even if it isn't your topic, image, etc.
Method to use for content I follow automatically
- A notification when new content is posted:- As soon as something is posted that you're following. This won't be emailed to you, because you could end up with lots of emails if, for example, your topic garners lots of replies.
- One email per day with all new content from that day:- At the end of the day you'll get an email with all the replies in your followed content.
- One email per week with all new content from that week:- Same as the one directly above, except at the end of the week.
- Do not send me notifications:- Disables it completely for content you're following automatically. You won't get notifications or emails.
- Show popup window when I receive a new EcchiText:- When you get an EcchiText on EcchiDreams, the screen will gray out to focus on the EcchiText you've just received.
- Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community:- This is pretty self explanatory.
- Play a sound when I receive a notification:- If you want to turn off notification sounds, this is how.
This is what a popup on an new EcchiText looks like:
This next section is pretty self explanatory; below is a guide to the default settings, and below that is a legends chart telling you what the colours mean.
- Notification List; is the inline notifications you get on EcchiDreams itself. They appear under the notification icon.
Email; is where you get an email telling you X has happened.
|Type of Notification||Notification List|
|Someone follows me|
|Someone posts on my profile|
|Someone replies to a status update I posted, is on my profile, or I have also replied to|
|Someone I follow posts a new status|
|I am invited to join a club|
|A Leader responds to my request to join a Club|
|A member requests to join a club I am leader of|
|A member joins a club I am leader of|
|I receive a message|
|I am added to a conversation|
|New content for things I follow|
|Someone comments on something I follow|
|Someone reviews something I follow|
|Someone I am following makes a post|
|Someone quotes a comment or post I made|
|Someone mentions me in a post|
|Someone gives reputation to something I posted|
|Someone pokes me.|
|Dreamer of the Month|
|You are the new Dreamer of the Month!|
|Enabled by Default|
|Disabled by Default|
|Cannot be Enabled|