The Little Things Part 2

I got fuck-all for sleep last night. Too excited. I think it was about 3 in the morning before I finally fell asleep. Have you ever heard the phrase "old habits die hard?" No; not the Billy Joel song. That's "Only The Good Die Young." Which, by the way, I REALLY hope is false. That'd mean I'm next to go. I guess I did almost take a tumble off a skyscraper, though; could it be that I'm just good at cheating death? But that isn't where I was going with this. See, Big and I live a bit north of Goldenrod City. A quick walk to the subway. Back when all we had was the clubhouse, we would watch TV through windows. Sure, we got caught a few times. But we were just let be for the most part, since we weren't hurting anyone. Well, since I couldn't sleep, I watched a bit of TV. Next thing I knew, Big was shaking me and there was one of those emergency test things going on. Always hated those, even as a kid.

We have to take the Magnet Train. Millenium Town isn't hours away from Goldenrod, but it's way too far to walk. But the Magnet Train? We're Electric types! Won't that hurt us? No; that's me overthinking things. There'd be a sign; wouldn't there? "Not suitable for Electric type passengers," or something like that. Plus, it's right next to the Radio Tower; if they aren't having problems, we won't. Damn; Big is rubbing off on me. I thought only one of us had to be the responsible one.

Figures; I couldn't sleep last night, but I fell asleep at the station, waiting for the train. Or I think I did. I remember getting there, buying a ticket, and sitting down. Then Big was shaking me again. Either I fell asleep, or I got wasted. And I don't remember buying a drink. I made a real ass of myself getting on the train, though; that much I remember. I didn't hit anyone, or break anything. But I'm loud when I'm sleepy. And I think I can sing. Enough said.

The seats are SO fucking comfy! What're they stuffed with? Wigglytuff fur or something? This proves that I'm still a kid at heart; I can't begin to tell you how much I wanna jump on these seats! I think Big knows, though. I won't say I'd be dead if looks could kill, but I'd totally be fucked up. You know you wanna join, though, Big. Somewhere in you is the big bro who used to party until his paws were too sore to keep going. I'll get him out.

A little bit into the trip, a guy came around selling snacks. We both have money, but we weren't really hungry. So we ended up sharing a bag of chips. Not exactly healthy, but we can get a proper breakfast in Millenium Town. How awesome would it be if the bakery on Route 58 was still there? I'll keep my fingers crossed. Though I will admit, I'll be pretty damn happy to see ANYTHING there that I remember from my childhood. But I guess we'll see.

Looking around now, the Magnet Train isn't exactly bustling. Then again, it's pretty early. I think we're almost there; I just looked out the window, and the scenery is starting to look familiar. Big's eyes are a little glassy. Good to know I'm not the only one about to fall asleep. At least Big has a reason, what with his job. I'll get work someday. I have tried; I'm not just lazing around all day like a Snorlax. Shitty as this sounds, I hope to move back to Millenium Town, when and if I finally decide to act like an adult. Maybe I'll move in with Delcatty; she still lives there, last I heard.

We're definitely getting some looks. I had a feeling we'll be recognised. Definitely gonna take some pictures later. Not that I mind. I'd try to get some sleep, but I'm totally sure I wouldn't even have time for a nap. Again, that'll have to wait for when we get to Millenium Town. Food first, then nap. Priorities done right. Haha! Big and I are feral, so we don't have issues sleeping pretty much anywhere. Don't get me wrong; thank Arceus for beds! But I could've slept on the floor of the apartment last night if I wasn't so damn excited. And I'm still excited! Why shouldn't I be? I get to see my old stomping grounds again, if only for a couple of days. You bet your tail I'm looking forward to this! Plus, Delcatty and I have been texting back and forth leading up to this. I wouldn't be at all surprised If she met us at the station. You know, come to think of it, that'd be great. She could show us around. I guess we'll find out soon. Very soon. I just heard the conductor. "Millenium Town Station is just ahead." Well, here goes nothing!

*Author's Note*
WOO!!!! I said I'd do a second part. The Magnet Train allows you to travel from Goldenrod City to Saffron City in the Generation II games. You gain access to it after completing a postgame sidequest in Kanto. The abandoned power plant where Zapdos was in Generation I isn't abandoned anymore; people are working there. Or trying to; Team Rocket has made off with a crucial part. Without it, the Plant can't function. Head the verbally-challenged lackey off in Cerulean City, and he'll tell you you're too late. He's already stashed the Machine Part in Misty's gym. Get it, and take it back to the Power Plant. The Magnet Train is convenient, because you usually can't travel immediately from Johto to Kanto. Even using Fly, you have to stop at the Indigo Plateau first.

Anyway, I left this one on a cliffhanger, so let me assure you I WILL make a 3rd part. There is one thing I have to explain first, though. Little's guess that the comfortable seat cushions are stuffed with Wigglytuff fur is a reference to Pokédex entries in Crystal, Black 2, and White 2, that state Wigglytuff's fur is so soft and luxurious, once you touch it, you won't be able to take your hands away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Staff

This is very filler, but not necessarily in a bad way. It might not be 'relevant' (though who knows, things from here could be important later; I'm not the author), but it does provide a little context, and is a nice, slow way to build to where you're going. Not to say all action all the time is a bad thing either, but sometimes it's good to take it easy and enjoy the sights, especially when there's not much else to do (i.e. on a train). xD

I'm looking forward to part three, for sure. Keep up the lovely writing.

Archived