The Pool

Zero slowly looked away from Nadia.  "A little bit, I guess.  Yeah, you could probably say that," Zero said, quickly turning back to face her and waving his hands in front of him.  "But it's normal.  It's not a big thing or anything," he added in an attempt to reassure her that nothing was wrong.

Zero took a moment to think it over, mostly by pacing back and forth, but couldn't really come up with a solid answer.  "I don't know.  Like I told you, I don't know too much about what normal people do with their time.  Besides..." Zero said, but stopped himself mid sentence.  In his mind, he was conflicting between telling Nadia about something he had been hiding and not telling her.  In the end, he opted to not tell her unless she asked about it.  "Nothing.  Never mind." he said.

Zero opened his mouth to speak, but before he could say anything, his attention turned to his hand, where more wisps of darkness began to come out.  'So that's it.  It's getting worse again.  I should've known,' he thought.  He clenched his fists and slowly turned away from Nadia.  "Listen, Nadia.  Maybe I should be getting back to my training.  I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to spend time with me, and...well, you know, the other thing, but..." Zero said, but stopped himself again.  "It's just safer, all right?  I'll be sure to repay you someday," Zero added before he slowly started walking away from Nadia.  As he walked, he laughed a bit at himself.  "I really am pathetic, aren't I?  If I go now, at least I won't have to see the dissapointed look she probably has on her face.  However, we come from different worlds.  And like I said..." Zero said to himself, clenching his fists.  "It's better this way."