Bella von Liebherz' room.

large.__shalltear_bloodfallen_overlord_d

Bella sits in her very orderly and neatly arranged room. The furniture are all of very old age, but extremely well kept and preserved. There are few fully stuffed bookshelves and even a few old family paintings, among other really old memorabilia, mostly family heirlooms and the like. Older, but elegant and pretty dresses and clothes make up her clothing closet. The whole room has an aura of tidiness about it and there is not a speck of dust or dirt to be found. Her study desk is mostly cleared, except her quill and pen, that she uses for documents, mostly resembling parchment.
She is waiting for Deva, who told her she wanted to come over for a study session.

There were a few firm knocks at Bella's door and a look out the peephole would reveal the large wyvernness had come. There was then a buzz from Bella's phone as the badly written text that Deva sent showed up. "I'm hre 2 stdy. Cn u opn door plz?" It truly was a wonder how bad the wyvern was at texting. . . that or how quickly she was learning the cancerous form of text speech that took a few hot seconds to decipher. The firm knocking came again in a 'tap-tap-tap' although with Deva's innate strength, it was more like a bong-bong-bong. 

Edited by OlrukTheSmall

Bella takes a quick look at her cell phone and tries to read the text, but being so well at it, it mostly becomes gibberish, but at least she can tell who sent it, which makes her aware of what is happening, although the knocking does tell her as well. Bella simply gets off her old recliner and opens the door and sees Deva standing there. The vampire girl is dressed in another of her pretty Victorian style dresses that screams aristocracy. She giggles softly and make a polite courtsey for the wyvern woman."Welcome miss Deva. It pleased me to be in your presence once more. Please, do come in. I have even arranged for some nice tea and biscuits", she tells her, wanting to show absolutely hospitality.

Edited by JennyDK

Deva smiled as the door was opened for her and she stepped in after being invited. "Ah, thanks for that." She said as she ducked into Bella's room. Her large, muscular stature moving rather plainly as she walked in. She looked around the room to see what kind of decorating might've been done so far. "Sorry bout baging in like this. It's just, well, I've been a first year for five years now and I feel like I should probably know something but everything that I get lectured about tends to go off through one ear and out the next. . . So, I figured you can at least help me understand a little bit." She said explaining her situation to Bella. She saw one of the biscuits and her eyes sparkled greedily at the tantalizing food. 

Bella simply nods in a courtly manner and smiles softly, going over to get the tray with the pot of tea, fine china cups and of course a bowl of cookies from an old family recipe. While Deva moves way more unrefined, she does not seem to mind really and appreciate the company, even if it is by someone big and brutish."It is no bother in the slightest miss Deva. I am only pleased if my years of studying, knowledge and methods are able to aid you in your further scholarly pursuits or whatever else you may need. Now, please...have a cup of tea and some of my great great grandmother's biscuits. One cannot start proper studying without sating the bodily needs. We will start with the basics after that", she says in her soft and enchanting voice, almost like singing.

"Haha, good luck sating my bodily needs. I'm practically always hungry. Comes with my body's territory. I'm super strong and super enduring but my stomach burns through food like ice in hellfire." She said as she grabbed one of the biscuits and took a very unceremonious bite. There were a few crumbs on her lips but otherwise she ate rather cleanly although her tongue peaked out at times to wipe her lips clean. She swallowed the first biscuit down and pulled out some books that were meant for the first year. "So," She said between swallows of her second biscuit. "I wanted to talk to you to see if you can't hammer some knowledge in me. Since I've been held back so many times I'm worried that my teachers might call. . . mmmn, good. . . on me more often to set an example for the class since they might think I might know stuff but really I know shit about the stuff they teach and I don't want to get myself embarrassed." She explained. 

Bella watches the large wyvern woman devour a tiny cookie with great vigor and appetite, making her almost feel sorry for the tiny cake. Still, she is happy to provide at least some kind of treat for her guest."That does sound very disadvantageous really and not at all effecient spenditure of your bodily ressources. Perhaps there could be a magical way to better sate your needs?", she suggests as it seems like most normal food will hardly do the trick. Seeing Deva pick up some of the easier books and hearing her struggle with even those makes the Countess wonder if even she can help. Still, she had promised to do her best and a Liebhertz always keeps their word."I think you might benefit from looking at this more between classes. What have you done to learn it beyond attending class miss Deva?", she asks, having no clue how much effort the woman has put into this.

Deva shrugged. "I dunno. I just eat more I guess. I've never been that smart to figure out how to make things work for me. I just tend to brute force things out of my way." She said as she flicked open one of the books and panned throught the pages with a bored expression. "I've been trying to study these things but they're no fun to read and they either don't explain the shit for me to understand or I have to flip all the way back to get a grasp of what it all means." Deva finished her second biscuit. "Mmm, these things are pretty good." She murmured as she took her third. "Anyways, I was just thinking that if you could at least let me be able to sum up the important parts for a chapter then that would be enough to let me pass any tests they give." 

Bella simply sits and takes in and digest what is being said to her, slowly trying to form some sort of strategy or angle to grasp this  from. The problem seems to be less the subject matters and probably more about the methods being used. She gets a bright idea, if she has to say so herself. Her grin returns at full force and she closes the book and looks at Deva with a determined stare."It is my belief you got too focused on one single method of studying. Answer me this miss Deva...there must be areas you are REALLY good at. What are those and how did you get good at them? I have tutored before...and some just don't learn from reading, that is just not how they function and I believe the same applies in your case...", she says, hoping this might spark some willingness and hope in Deva.

Deva thought about this for a bit. "Ummmm, let's see. I tend to remember my weight training and physical exercise books but I'm not sure how remembering how I know those would really help all that much." Deva said as she scratched the back of her head. "I ended up remembering that stuff because while I was reading it some jerks slapped my food out of my hand and I beat them up for doing it. . . which ended up causing one of my suspensions." Deva sighed as she angled her head down a bit in embarrassment. 

Bella, not entirely sure how to comfort others, still try and cautiously put a hand of hers onto the back of Deva."Uhhmm..that wasn't really what I was getting at, miss Deva. My point was more that books doesn't seem like your forte in terms on how your mind perceives and takes in knowledge. Some do well with books, others with speec and so on. Basically, I wondered if there were other and better methods for you to utilize. One of my students learned much better when she had music to accompany her learning", she lets the wyvern woman know.

"Oh. . . Ummmm," Deva flushed as she realized that this wasn't what Bella was talking about. "Woops. Well, I don't really know myself honestly." Deva shrugged. "I've always just tried to read out of the book. Mmm, I guess there was a time where I was in a cooking class while I was waiting for the next year and the teacher guide me through the process of cooking dumplings. I still know how to cook em now so I guess I'm a pretty hands onish kind of person." 

Bella would sigh in relief if she was able to, so she only feels the sensation rush over her inside as she hears how Deva seems to get her point better."That sounds like it could be one way at least. Food appears to have some sort of stimulating effect on you in positive ways. Maybe snacking while someone is giving you the information might help. Really, we could always experiment with various modes of stimuli while someone gives you the same information each time and thus the way that works the best should be the one encouraged and aimed for", she says, already proud of her own little speech and suggestion.

Deva nodded as she was munching on her fourth biscuit already. "Mmmn, I see." She swallowed and turned her head to cough a bit. "Erm, sorry, dry throat. Beverage?" She asked as while it seemed that Deva was kind of focused on eating, she was listening, rather eating was something so second nature to her that her focus enhances as she was eating. "So, basically I should bring food with me to class. . . I hope that the teachers don't mind. . . Would certainly keep me from getting hangry in the middle of class." She commented. 

Bella rolls her eyes a little bit as Deva probably overlooked the pot of tea and teacups made out of fine and old china. She still pours some nice and hot herbal tea for the wyvern woman to drink and enjoy, the scent of forest berries lingering lightly in the air from the pot and now cup as well."Have as much as you like...as it would be a waste on me...with the no drinking or eating things and I am very pleased that great great grandmother's recipe seems to your liking as well", she quickly reminds Deva. She seems to have gotten through to the Wyvern this time at least."That could be one way, yes. Basically, try and find the conditions and circumstances where you experience that your mental capacity operates at its peak", she says, often using very "elevated" language.

"Ermmmmm, care to run that by me again." Deva said because as focused as she was when she was eating now. Her IQ didn't dramatically shoot up and the fancy speech of Bella was flying way over Deva's head when she couldn't interpret it back into plainer talk. Her hand reached out to the china before flinching a bit as she realized that she was probably going to use too much force and break the old cup. Controlling her strength, she delicately and carefully picked up the ancient pottery and took a long drink from it basically draining the cup in one gulp. 

Bella realizes not everyone has the ability to decipher her rather informed and well taught vocabulary and such. While it is not something she has an easy time with, simply because she is so unused to it, she does try to break down into easier terms, so Deva may comprehend the communicé that she is attempting to divulge upon the wyvern. She thinks for a moment, before finally replying back."Well, to put it simple: You need to find out what needs to be there so you can better focus, concentrate and learn. Basically, if something like eating helps that to be achieved, try and incoperate that or if sitting outside helps, make use of that", she explains the best she can whilst not diving into more high classed speech.

"Ohhhhhh, that's what you meant." She said as she took another biscuit. "Mmm, good stuff." She murmured as she nodded in understanding. "Mmmr," She gulped down the food she had in her mouth. "Well, lets see if we can't put it to the test and see if it works." She said as she cracked open one of her books. It was the first years history course and she flipped to the page that would be where it changed from the introduction and table of contents to where the actual history was written down. 

Bella grins wider, very pleased with herself indeed,especially with thinking so far ahead and make a triple batch of cookies. OF course, she had some help in tasting them since she cannot eat even one. She nods softly, happy that seemed to make sense to Deva."Allright. No need to go overboard, of course. Okay. I have a few ideas we can do. Basically, I will try and teach you a short passage from the book, with different stimuli and you tell me what works for you, okay? Even easier...write down each time and we can compare afterwards", she says, basically wanting to go about this more scientifically.

Soon the Countess begin to expose Deva to things like soft classical music, aromas, even massaging - all things that might help jog the learning process.

Deva nodded and she tried her best to study and cooperate with Bella in trying to learn different ways to stimulate her body to focus her mind. After multiple hypothesizes were made, they finally came up to a list of things that helped Deva focus. The top one was eating and it showed some amazing results as Deva could summarize the important parts of the passage very smoothly. Sadly, she missed a lot of the minor details but frankly she missed alot of minor details down the way. The second one was massaging. Her body and mind seemed to relax and it was even possible for her to just simply not reach for one of the treats whilst she was being massaged! Unfortunately while the first two succeeded spectacularly, the others succeeded minorly or just didn't work at all.  Depending on the aroma, Deva either got distracted or just didn't really care at all about it. Music sort of worked but but it only lasted for about a minute before Deva became bored of the long classical music piece that was played. 

After extensive testing, Bella seems to have singled out a few ideas at least, though massages are probably not that allowed during classes, but of course, that is not really her problem in the end. Rather this is just to help find out what might work and. even more important, make Deva feel like hope is not lost on her. She puts away the last stuff she tried and look over the paper stating how things were perceived and how well they worked."Ah, good to see some positive results. Just look, there are definitely ways and stimuli that can aid you, Miss Deva. Now you just need to keep practicing as well as find other methods you can dive into!", she says confidently.

Deva nodded as she saw that there were some things that were actually working and she was actually learning! "That's great!" She replied excitedly. "I always thought I was useless at learning this stuff and had to suffer with trying to learn everything in these small bits and pieces. Now, I can really rip into these large sections and understand them too." She cheered happily. "Couldn't have done it without you Bella." She smiled happily and wrapped her arms around the smaller vampire pulling her in for a powerful hug. 

Bella is not exactly used to physical contact and the like, but given the situation and seeing how Deva reacts and seems to feel, she allows it. Normally, she simply grins and giggles, but she does offer a small smile back, though she does not embrace Deva in return."Only happy to help out. It would be a shame if you should be stuck here forever, after all", she simply utters back-

"Mmmm, yeah, I mean the place isn't bad and all but theres only so many times I'm willing to repeat." She said as she let go of Bella. "So, let's see." She looked over at her textbooks in a way that she thought was never going to be possible, excitedly. She turned back to look over at the vampire, "You know I kind of took a lot of food and a whole lot of time to help me out. If there's anything that you possibly want, just let me know, I'll do my best to give you what you need. Or if you want, if you're feeling necessarily hungry. . ." She said as she pointed at her neck. 

Bella puts the books aside for now as it seems like Deva only has to spend time and focus on this and that the point of the study session is mostly done and all. She merely shakes her head at the idea that Deva owes her anything back."Ohh, it was nothing big really. Not something you have to offer me a lot for really...the most I could want is a taste of your lovely hot Vitae. Though...it didn't sound and seem like you enjoyed it much last time". She licks her lips, wondering how the experience had been for the wyvern.