Armory

• 3 weeks later...

This is ... interesting .... like a treasure trove of weird weapons and armour and ... ooh this looks nice, shame to leave it here. Why they build a room with such heavy locking doors and just leave the ventilation shafts with loose covers I will never understand. OK ... weapons, weapons, weapons ... enough to fight a small war - which to be honest they are pretty much doing - no use to me though. But what's this? A communicator, yes, but ... ooh, look, a nice map of the whole ship... this will come in handy for sure.

Oh and THIS looks AMAZING: wow, such pretty glittery sparkling spirals of sparks, looks like a pretty cutting tool - could come in handy - best to check though? Time to ask my new artificially intelligent but not very bright friend:

"AI, what is this?"

Edited by Sarah_1964

As soon a the stowaway climbed into the armory a silent alarm triggered, causing the vent to seal and the doors to lock. The weapons and armor were already protected in cases that could only be opened by crew members. The armory was heavily reinforced, making it almost impossible to break free from, thus trapping Gangsta inside. 

Roc got the alert that someone had entered the armory without access, so he hurried from the aft bay to check it out. He opened the armory door a few moments later, his weapon ready. His sensitive hearing picked up the sound of someone moving and he moved quickly but quietly. He was shocked to see a woman he didn’t know looking at a tool, her back to him. How did she get her? Was she from the Planet they were on but that didn’t make since. She looked like she was human. Whatever she was she had broken in and he needed to capture her. He set his energy gun so it would stun  and fired a charge. 

"AAUGGHH! FUCK!"

The stun charge being so familiar does not make it hurt less. For long moments my body shakes like a petrified zombie on repeat, the pain surging through every nerve. When I can finally turn, the bastard is ready to fire again.

"For fuck's sake, is 'shoot first, ask questions later' the fucking motto of your kind?"

I have to think fast. My friend the AI thinks I am a citizen, so just maybe there is some confusion over who is who: anyway, it's all I can come up with so it's worth a go:

"Can't you see I'm busy? And this..."

I wave the ... whatever it is, still sparkling spirals ...

"...this ... this ... thing ... is delicate and dangerous, you could have caused an accident..."

It's not going as well as I hoped - but then, it never does, and I'm still here despite that so...

"I was just ... checking ... it.. with my friend the AI..."

and I gesture, with some desperation, at the depressingly still blank screen.

Edited by Sarah_1964

Roc ignores the woman’s curses and excuses. She wasn’t on the crew list and they hadn’t had in teleports from the BlackDawn, so she must be a stowaway. He asked, his large hands quickly pushed the stunned woman to the ground, patting down her body. She was unarmed so he pulled her to her feet. “I apologize for the shot, but it was safer to stun you first, since I didn’t know if you were armed.” He said stepping a few feet back, his gun ready. “Who are you really?”

Right, so that didn't go well...

Not the first time I've been groped all over but at least he was professional about it - and under all that body armour I imagine he is cute enough to be worth being groped by.

Friend AI being totally absent probably doesn't matter anyway: this guy probably wouldn't believe his own mother without objective proof.

Time for a creative lie - and some endearing sorrowful tears:

"I.. oh .... I was ..."

Think, girl, think ....

"I was ... I just ... my family ... my poor family ... the world... the alien world...."

What the fuck was the name of that world we called at, anyway? No problem, I'll wing it:

"the world.. enslaved.. all of us .. my poor dear sister... all dead..."

Cue gasping sobs:

""They told me to run ... 'Save yourself' they said: 'Save yourself, leave use there is nonviolence us"

More sobbing, mainly to give myself time to rescue this clusterfuck of a story:

"I ran... the hatch was open.."

Does this ship even have a hatch?

"I ... I only just made it... I ... I knocked myself Lutz that's why I couldn't contribute Captain straight away..."

Quick thinking there girl, I congratulate myself, but time.to.turn up the emotion, he's not buying it:

"Oh please, Sir, please, I am just an innocent poor orphan girl, I sought escape from the..."

Who were those aliens anyway?

"..from Them.. those ... things.... I am weak.. I only sought safety, Sir ... protection"

I think of the kitchen, all the goodies it holds: and devoid of staff. The way to a soldier's heart is through his stomach, so they says and I can't stowaway now I'm discovered so:

"I can help, sir, with the ship: I can cook..."

Well the steak was cooked, wasn't it, in a way?

Maybe 'cook' isn't bigging it up enough:

"I am a chef.."

My friend AI can help me with the cooking if this works....

Edited by Sarah_1964

I admit he is seriously cute: just scoops me up into his arms as if I am a featherweight: and with a little disappointment I note that he seems to do so without the slightest realisation of how intimate that is. An image of a bride being carried across the threshold sparks briefly in my mind and I giggle - a long time since I felt such simple uncomplicated joy. I reach up, wrapping my arms around his neck: I don't care if he notices or not, it just feels nice.

Pushed neatly down inside my pants, the communicator-map nestles: I was right to think him too professional to grope me down there when he searched me.

How to convince the Captain though? In my head I rehearse descriptions of cookery dishes I read about or saw through the windows of restaurants.

"Do you like Steak Flambee?"

• Love 1

Roc glanced down at the woman as he carried her out of the armory. She was soft and warm, weighing nothing to him. He had to admit she felt nice to touch and he felt the beast within him stir. Roc shoved it down and moved forward, not wanting the beast to take control. “I’ve never had that before.” He said shortly, moving fast up the stairs to the captain’s room. He arrived a few moments later, opening the door and setting the Stowaway inside before leaving. (Were in the Captain’s room now.)

• 4 months later...

Reaching the armory, Joe begun to walk toward his locker and pressed a series of codes into the security console two lockers away. He always thought it off the armory of all places was small, but then again there may not have been a need for a larger crew at all. Kind of like Star Trek on the Enterprise, or Star Wars on the Millennium Falcon, two scifi movies which survived the tests of time and became popular once more after the war. There was a loud chime on the terminal screen and the lockers lock panel blipped green signifying that it was released. 

Opening the metal door, Joseph begun taking each weapon out and checking then over, start with his two rifles, an APAR29 Long Rifle, and an LPAR11 Submachine Gun. Both were useful and extremely dangerous even by military standards, and how an individual like him got ahold of these beauties was a mystery to anyone whoever asked. They were highly expensive and rarities to find, but after several minutes Joe put them away and started to check his sidearms. In truth he missed ground forces, he missed intense combat situations, he wasn't sure if he was ever going to get used to life on a ship. Hell, there was hardly a use for "Second Commander Joseph Briggs," he hasn't had the chance to use any practices on board, he was knocked out just before they landed on a planet they were leaving, so he missed the fun on that. There was a sense of dismay. Was his life really going to be like this?