Kitchen

This kitchen is well stocked: do I have time to actually cook something to make a change from cold stolen food? Hardly anyone comes here at this time anyway, and I can fry a nice steak really quickly. Red wine too, its luxury living, right here: feet on the table, chair tipped back, wine bottle in hand (why dirty a glass when I can just swig it?), steak sizzling...

Oh shit! What the??! So loud I fell off the chair. Ouch. Only a smoke alarm. Oh fuck quick get the chair back under the vent...

The ship's main AI, nicknamed Darla, appears on a nearby screen in the kitchen, her visage filling most of the monitor as she looks at the person who is causing a minor ruckus. In an oddly calm and clear voice the AI speaks out towards the female burning food."Greetings citizen. You appear to have failed to apply proper cooking methods on your dietary material. Allow me to fix the issue for you". Before the woman can respond back, small holes open in the walls, exposing nozzles that immediately begin to blast the entire room with water, surely making both the person and everything soaked."There. Fire extinguished. Please prepare for complete sanitation of the room", she adds afterwards and noises of machinery warns the female of further "help" from the AI.

What the fuck?!

I'm soaked. Drenched through. Could be in a wet t shirt contest.

The steak's nice though - rather 'well done'. Wait! What did she say? Artificial maybe, intelligence not do much: probably about to dump the place to vacuum or something,  after that water shower stunt.

Slippery now, hard clutching the wine bottle, half a steak in my teeth, fucking metal chairs, who makes them so fucking short?  Ouch! Not again! Think I'll just lie here in the wet with my twisted ankle and hope it's quick.

Edited by Sarah_1964

OOC: Not to be a prick, but if it is possible, could you put dialogue between "'s so I know what is being said out loud? I would very much appreciate it. Of course....unless she did not speak at all?

Soon enough, bigger gaps in the walls open up and mechanical arms slip out of them, revealing buffers which begin to whir and make noises as they ramp up speed."Do not worry citizen. This shall not take long. A clean room is a safe room", the AI speaks once more as the hard sponge-like buffers begin to clean all of the surfaces - floor, walls and ceiling and everything in between. More arms help the woman off the floor and hold her gently in the air before hot air blows fairly heavily against to make the moisture vanish."Please hold still citizen. Any sudden movements may lead to minor injuries", the AI utters after the process has already started.

OOC: thanks for the tip - so far everything was in my head. 🙂

The whole room reconfigures itself: I knew the alien technology was good but this is amazing.

It's like being in a dishwasher - or an ancient car wash from the movies: and not that one where the girls squeegee the windscreen with their tits. For a moment I think I'm the dirt to be disposed of:

"Hey! I'm a PERSON not a piece of crockery!"

but then these arm things lift me off the floor and I feel like a babe in my mother's arms - or at least how I imagine that feels, since my mother was mad as a bat and vicious with it, so I don't have any such nice memories. Still, it's lovely, and the warm air blowers tingle and tickle all over which makes me giggle - and .... ahem .... yes it's actually quite erotic. Which makes me think: the technology is alien so the AI must be too - yet she's human ... -ish. And sort of ... voluptuous .... And she thinks I'm a citizen..... And she's obviously a bit daft - sorry, 'unfinished'... the word 'malleable' pops into my mind, and along with it the spark of an idea...

"Thank you, AI, you can put me down now.."

Ouch!

"Umm, next time, AI, lower me gently.. and, ummm, I think you can help me with ... getting things ... but let's keep this just between us, OK?"

and I smile the smile that I smile when I am smiling because I am hatching a plan...

"You can do that warm air bath thing again now..."

Edited by Sarah_1964
  • Like 1

OOC: You're welcome, dear. We all started somewhere and assuming everyone knows how to do various things, especially new stuff, is unreasonable. I try to be fairly blunt as it most often gets the points across easier and faster. There is certainly nothing negative insinuated when I make comments and/or suggestions. One more thing though: It is generally considered bad to "assume control" over the characters of others. Luckily, it was a small incident here (with you assuming I put her down again), but just be aware of it and you will be fine 🙂

"I am well aware of your status as a living being with all that it entails. This was just the fastest and most effecient way to go about said task of ensuring your fabric and person not being soaked in liquid", she says and puts her down once more, allowing the woman to do as she pleases. However, she gives a rather blank stare as she hears the sort of odd request the female issues toward Darla (as she is nicknamed by the crew). She gives the body another quick look, trying to determine if there is still an oversaturation of water on her."I do not understand, citizen. Were my hot air blow not enough to dehydrate your clothing? Why must I keep my duties to serve the crew secret?", she goes on, clearly unable to fathom the very subtle and abstract innuendos put forward.

• Like 1