Game Recommendations

Hi there, Nyana here!

So first off, I apologize if this has been done before, but I wanted to get some game recommendations. I was thinking it would be fun (and informational) for people (like me) that are in a little bit of a game rut where they just don't know what to play or want to try a new game and just don't know where to start. These recommendations can be anything! They could be your favorite game, a game you tried and didn't think you would like but grew to love, a nostalgic game that you can always come back to and never get tired of. Maybe you might even pick a game that you loved as a kid, but just did not age well. New or old games, anything goes!

The information I'd like people to give is -

Game Name: 

Platform: (PC or console)

Free to Play: (Yes or no)

Multiplayer or Single-Player: (You can put both and just let it be known if it's local or online multiplayer)

Description: (Description of the game, gameplay, or the back story to the game)

Why you like it: (this can be as complex or simple as you want it)

I hope everyone has fun with this and maybe you can gain a new game to play out of it!

~Nyana 💜

I'll go first!

spacer.png

Game Name: Untitled Goose Game

Platform: PC and all major consoles

Free to Play: No, you have to buy it v.v

Multiplayer or Single-Player: Both! It has online multiplayer, but one up to two players

Description: Untitled Goose Game is a casual indie game. You play a goose that is wreaking havoc on a simple small town. You steal things or break things, but don't get too close to the humans, they will chase you away!

Why you like it: Honestly, I love the chaos you can create. In the first level you toss the farmer's radio in the lake and make yourself a picnic. It's a very simple game, but it's just so much fun to me! It's definitely one of those guilty pleasure games for me.

Game Name: SimCity 3000

Platform: PC

Free to Play: buy on GOG or ORIGIN. Might need some patch for it since its 1999 games. Only apply to win10.

Multiplayer or Single-Player: Single

Description: City building game with economy in mind. Since this is classic game, don't think you can cheat or mod it

Why you like it: I'm just into city building game since i was a kid. Its easy to play, hard to master.

---

Game Name: Dark Rose Valkyrie

Platform: PC

Free to Play: Buy on STEAM 

Description: A game made by the same dev as Hyperneptunia series. With some additional feature and combo editor...and bad performance

Why you like it: The option to edit combo mix of basic attack is very nice. And unlike most harem-like game, most girls there wear an actual cloth. Yeah ridiculous i know, but you won't find much of RPG game without clown make up going on in your party but this one. Or beautiful boy with big angsty swords...or blindfolded lady gathering dust...

---

Game Name: Trails of Cold Steel series (all of it)

Platform: PC, PSVITA, Emulator (might also available on Switch but idk)

Free to Play: Available on STEAM 

Multiplayer or Single-Player: Single player RPG

Description: The game set in motion with storyline in each series. I wouldn't recommend you to buy just first installment if you're story oriented person. You must buy 1 & 2 straight away or else you'll left out in the loop as the story were connected on each installment. And do your best to keep your save data because it will carry over for every single installment.

Why you like it: I'm fan of Falcom. 

---

Game Name: Valkyria Chronicle 2 & 3 

Platform: PSP...just emulate it, i won't judge you

Free to Play: If you insist, you can find physical copy on EBay i guess...

Description: Both game are unusual mashup between WW2 setup along with turn-base system and free roam in it. If you're up for WW2 game with some anime element in it along with RPG system, this might worth a try

Why you like it: This game has an odd mix that somehow works in gameplay. Though i personally prefer 3rd installment as the best release (you might need to download fan translate as the game never release for global). But if you can bear the burnt, you can try buying 1 and 4 on STEAM. Just mind the cringe story value of those two. Seriously, someone sister got shot and instead calling medic, they howl to the moon? 

• 4 months later...

I got a good one for this.

Game Name: Disco Elysium

Platform: PC and Console!

Free to Play: No

Multiplayer or Single-Player: Single player

Description: A burnt out cop solves a  murder mystery in a cold post-war dystopia in a city that's still recovering from the fallout of a revolution that failed.

Why you like it: I really really enjoy being a disaster energy cop who channels some major fuck up energy.

Archived