Foyer

Draven shrugged "Not my home yet so I didn't know where I could wait" he offered the woman a smile before sitting where he was told was ok. He was not going to be rude and explore when not a pack member yet.

June watched this mystery wolf as she spoke to Alex "I guess we find Austin and tell him there's a new wolf looking for him" she hugged Alex and smiled "after that how about we go to either my room or yours and just cuddle?"

The old truck clattered up towards the manor, it's engine rumbling like some great beast, kicking up a cloud of dust behind it. Clawhammer bounced in the driver seat, deftly operating the manual shifter. It belonged to the pack, but she was allowed to use it for personal trips into town on the condition that she helped with the engine rebuild and did the maintenance on it. Finally, pulling out behind the mansion it's engine groaned to a halt, and Clawhammer jumped out, being too short to casually step out using the rust marked running boards.

Her adventure into town had ended early, and she decided to head back home. The manor was the first home she had ever known, and there was something reassuring about it's presence, the subtle sounds of wildlife and creaking floorboards - and the smells. Though, she smelled something different and new as she pushed through the large double doors into the foyer. It was a wolf, but not one she was familiar with, certainly not a member of the pack. However, he hadn't been thrown out yet, so even if not a friend he couldn't be openly hostile. And after all, she had been a new member once, a lost pup brought into the fold. She couldn't judge him for that.

She steps forward, extending a hand in greeting "Nice to meet you. Name's Clawhammer."

June smiled and led Alex to her room.

Meanwhile as he waited Draven had found a book beside him left on a table and started reading it. When he heard the new voice speaking to him he looked up and smiled at the girl "Draven, are you a member here?" She was cute but he was going to wait with those thoughts or comments until after the alpha decided what he wanted to do with draven.

Clawhammer returned the smile, he seemed friendly enough. "Yep. Warrior" she offered with a confident attitude that fit her title, even her petite body didn't. He was pretty enough, strong, but she was also weary of wolf boys. So many of them were looking for a bitch to mount, and she was nobody's bitch. It was worth playing out though, if he tried anything he'd find out how she earned her name.

"So" she asked "You here on business from another pack?"

Draven smirked "Before I tell such a cutie why I'm here how about you tell me your first name." He could tell when people gave a last name vs a first name and the girl looked like she was maybe 20 but he didn't mind. Draven took his time looking her over and mentally taking in everything from her red tipped black hair to her bright blue eyes to her casual street clothes.

Draven smiled "Well Sam, I've come to ask Austin to join Midnight pack. I'm not from any pack as I've spent a number of years traveling with my best friend. We're in the area cause he was summoned to help with a family matter and we'll be staying for a while. Since I can't stay with him I've come here."

Clawhammer nodded. She had a complicated relationship with her first name, but has also long ago resigned herself to it. If he does join, she will have to break him of the habit of using it, but for now she is okay with it.

"The pack's good people, y'know. Took me in off the streets, gave me a family. Good luck." she offered sincerely

Draven nodded as he listened to her "If I'm accepted perhaps you could give me a tour of the building?" She was a former loner so who knows what they might have in common and he wanted to find out. He wanted to get to know Sam and perhaps convince her her first name is something worth loving as he personally thought it was prettier thaw her last name.

"I might just be able to swing that" she retorted "Plus the grounds. There is a lot of good, undeveloped land perfect for a full moon." she said, clumsily trying her hand at double entendre. Pretty boys weren't her usual type, but maybe he'd be less of a wanna-be-alpha then a lot of the other young wolves. Those kind always had something to prove, and for some reason they decided that a twelve-foot futa she-wolf shoved in a 5'4" women with an attitude was the way to prove it.

Draven chuckled "Let me ask you something and I want your honest thoughts on this. What is your honest opinion about vampires and the current tension in interactions between us and them? Do you think a friendship would be possible?" He was curious to see how she would answer in case he ever decided to introduce her to  laze but for now he would keep his friends identity a secret. 

The question stopped her cold. Peace was possible. Peace was always possible. So long as you are willing to bend over and take it like a good girl. Even if the leeches did want peaceful coexistence, was it right? She wasn't a bigot, but she also knew what vampires did to survive. Sure, werewolves had a bestial nature, but most of them seek to control it, or at least not allow it to harm people. Fuck it, she figured. Bluntness had always been one of her metaphorical and literal virtues "What, like if they go vegan? Or are they still fucking eating people?" She asked.

Dravens tone shifted slightly as he looked her in the eyes "What if I told you that I know a vampire that basically starves himself because he doesn't like needing to "feed" unless absolutely necessary or that he does not hide what he is when those moments happen?" Her sarcastic comment was cute but now she would know his question of her opinion was serious 

Her comment was not cute. Clawhammer did a lot of things, but cute was not one of them. It was a sincere question, asked directly. She chewed on his question, before giving an answer that was just as direct and sincere "I don't know. I'd be willing to give them a chance, but I don't promise how it'll turn out. When I said they found me on the street, I mean literally - sleeping in a dumpster. That's a hell of a way to grow up. On the street, people just disappear. Not just random people, friends, family. The cops don't give a fuck, and officially they never existed. Laying awake at night, I wonder how many were left drained corpses thrown into the river. That's not something you shake easy."

Draven slowly stood up and stepped close to her simply hugging her "I'm sorry for whatever trauma you have suffered in your past. I too was abandoned young but did not have to suffer what you did." He pulled away and gently lifted her chin to look up at him "I can promise you that in the 15 years I have known this specific vampire the only time his fangs ever touched someone was in a drunken state when we were in a town vampires were a known everyday part of life and the chick begged him for 48 hours straight. If he feeds he does so after the person has said yes and he uses a pocket knife to make a tiny cute the person can easily cover up." Draven looked her over "How old are you Sam?"

Sam pulled away, holding out a hand, to force him to keep his distance. He was cute, and she was looking for a fuck, not a therapist. Maybe what Daven said was true, or maybe he was being defensive. Either way, she judged his behavior to be walking right up to the line of creepy stalker shit "State of Alaska says 21." Clawhammer answered "But I don't want you're fuckin' pity. At least the Salvation Army throws in a cup of soup with theirs."

"I'm not giving you pity, if I was I'd be saying things like "oh you poor child" or "how could anyone abandon such a cutie like you" or some other shit that pups after a heat endured quick lay try pull. No, I'm being honest and sincere saying I'm sorry you dealt with that" he sat down again and looked at her now "I'm not stupid, I can smell the stench of heat in this place just like I could smell that the woman I saw just before you smelled of a guy other then the one holding her. You say you're 21, I am 30. That make us 9 years apart and I know not to dish lies to trick a woman to lay in my bed like it's nothing. If I were wanting to fuck you right now I would be trying to make you fall for me, not telling about my vampire friend and how he approaches the whole blood sucker thing" He watched her to see her reactions to the fact someone wasn't giving her a pity act or a lame pick up line.

Clawhammer took another step back, still holding her arm out. As far as she was concerned this fucker had crossed a line, and needed to be dealt with politely and bluntly - but she still wanted to keep a tactical stance just in case. Some dudes really don't take well to being called on their bullshit.

"Let me stop you right there." she started "You asked me a straight question, and I gave you a straight answer. It's clear you didn't like my answer.  Instead of taking a hint, you act like we're besties, throw a little pity my way and grab me in a hug. I don't know you like that, dude. Then, try to turn the blame back on me by telling me how great this guy is. You get that's kinda fucked up, right?"

Draven raised a brow "Do you mean you asking if they turned vegan? Because that was not what I had asked. I had asked what you thought of them and if you thought a friendship with them was possible or not" he sighed and returned to reading the book he had found "as for hugging you and telling you about my friend....the hug was in reaction to you telling me you were abandoned and grew up on the street, I never turned blame on you and as for the part about my friend I simply wanted to see what you would think of hearing about him" he turned the page of the book "I'm sorry if I misunderstood anything or did anything that upset you"

"That's a bullshit apology." Sam, said bluntly. She knew honey words only encouraged this behavior. "Put yourself in my shoes, man. Imagine you come home, and some dude you don't know is chilling on your couch. You figure hey, they're one of my roommates friends, so be nice. Then, unprovoked, they start assuring you that some dude you've never met is totally not going murder you in your sleep and drink your blood. That shit is sketch as fuck, dude. I'm sure your friend is a nice guy, but this is not the way to go about it. If I couldn't turn into a dozen foot tall killing machine I'd of maced you and called the cops already."

Draven looked at her "you're right and I'm honestly sorry as that wasn't what I intended. I'm sorry for misunderstanding you and for trying to convince you my friend is safe. You're right about it sounding sketch and I would like to be forgiven" he sighed setting the book "perhaps I have spent too much time traveling with a womanizing party boy, maybe I should consider spending some time with my own kind for once" he wasn't sure if she would forgive him or even wanna be around him but he was being sincere about his apology and hoped she would accept it. 

Clawhammer crossed her arms, staring at him. She considered his words. He certainly sounded sincere, and her gut agreed - and a gut instinct was not something a wolf ignored lightly. But, he also wanted to let him stew a bit. Not for schadenfreude, but because she couldn't risk appearing weak in front of another wolf. Yeah, sex and gender shouldn't matter when you're capable of ripping a Volkswagen in half with your bare claws, but that's never how it worked so she always had to work to keep that respect she had worked so hard to earn.

Finally, she spoke "Alright. Just try not to be a creep in the future."