The Obliging Wench Tavern - OOC Chat

1 minute ago, DreamsnThings said:

Ok based on what people are saying, the logic that there would not be a catfolk noble, combined with the interest in the merchant route in general ill make my character a failed merchants daughter, and her father originally planned to raise her to sell her to a noble as a wife or concubine. but when the gods intervened he switched plans, setting her up to be a hero and currying favor with nobility, trying to up her value before selling her off later in life

So failed merchant Catfolk?

12 minutes ago, MagnificentBastard said:

I don't know, maybe. I am trying to find a solution that works the roll into the post itself I am waiting to hear from the staff see what they say.

for my 5e campaigns we used a discord bot? assuming using discord is fine with people that is an option

• ^ This 1

I got sort of chased off Discord by some predatory types but I could make a new account and be somebody else if we go that route.

rolz isn't bad - you can roll anything with the syntax #1d5+3 or whatever you're rolling and copy it with the link icon to the left. I have a test room 

https://rolz.org/dr?room=test_dice_room

and the roll looks like this pasted into the forum

embed?aq367ay2lg:larmntt8

• Love 1

Now that we a good chunk of the party, I have a question for you.

Would the party already know each other and have adventured together or are you strangers brought together by a third party?

Either background works for me.

Edited by MagnificentBastard

I'd be up for either, though I think if we already know each other we'd need to take time to flesh that out and decide how each of us know one another. So if we want to start this sooner probably strangers. But given I'll be gone this week/weekend starting Thursday, I'd be fine with building some ties as well.

14 minutes ago, Chiyako said:

I'd be up for either, though I think if we already know each other we'd need to take time to flesh that out and decide how each of us know one another. So if we want to start this sooner probably strangers. But given I'll be gone this week/weekend starting Thursday, I'd be fine with building some ties as well.

There are still players making their characters, I am not sure when we should start and I don't want to put a hard deadline.

If you are strangers then I have to come up with reasons why you would be grouped together which I cant do until the characters are done, so not sure either option will be faster.

• Like 1

My character:

1. Grew up as a servant in various noble estates in the Kingdom of LaPuta.
  2. Poses as noblewomen and courtesans to steal information from wealthy and powerful men for profit.
  3. Was trained by a court bard.
  4. Knows a lot of people in the criminal underworld.

so... if any of those sound like ways to connect your character to mine, we can tie backgrounds together. I left a LOT of holes and blanks in her background for exactly that reason.

• Love 1

My current idea for why each character would be recruited to form an adventuring party.

Hoshiko: Recommend by her Master Yagnar as powerful caster. Wouldn't know you are child rather believe you take the form to appear innocent and unthreatening.

Thasinia: Her abilities for infiltration, stealth, seduction and combat would be noticed by certain people. Recommend by one or more if her clients and an offer would be made.

Layla: Her abilities as spy, in seduction and combat would be noticed by certain people. A recommendation from an unimpeachable source and offer would be made.

For the rest I need the character backgrounds decided and written.

• Love 1

Hoshiko:

1. Born to a tribe of Kitsune within The Untamed Lands, spending much of her early days playing with her family and messing with wayward travelers.
  2. Was captured by slavers alongside her cousin. Managed to sweet-talk them into being mostly nice to her. Cousin punished for playing tricks and eventually sold off.
  3. Was as a slave/maid for the slavers. Learned how to dance for money during this period and convinced the slavers to allow her to keep her virginity, mostly as a marketing ploy for making them more money.
  4. Started sprouting more tails. Was taken to a Sorcerer named Yagnar. He purchased her after some bluffing about her being cursed.
  5. Initially a slave, she eventually became an apprentice under Yagnar and was freed, although she stuck with him. The two grew quite close, too close in fact as she started to distract her mentor from his work.
  6. Yagnar began sending her out on errands so that he wouldn't get distracted, and so that he could spend more time on his studies. Hoshiko grew as an adventurer, making money for herself during this period.
  7. She learned of her mentor's curse and, hoping to cure it, finally set off into the world on her current adventure!

But I could just as easily slip meeting with anyone into her backstory, there is enough space, especially after she started venturing out on her own!

Also Hoshiko totally pretends to have nine tails with bluffing and constantly moving them around. She only has eight at the moment.

Well with the merchant father route...

My character 

1. Has traveled around to several towns, cities, and possibly another country or two.

2. Was allways far too generous and dim witted to make it as a merchant, she probably has been scammed more then once and has given excessive charity countless times.

3. Was in a distinct place when she very publicly got blessed by a god (a main capital square, a noteworthy church, or a major auction she attended with her dad

4. She is cursed to break things accidentally... a lot... as such shes broken a handful of beds, a few floorboards causing her to trip into people, and a cart... that her father owned.

5. She was originally going to be married off to a noble... but her curse led to too many complications, her dad decided to give her some training, set her up as an adventurer,  and hope she got the curse under control by the time she came back to him.

6. Has a very vague idea of where she "needs" to be due to a vision from the god who blessed her, she herself does not realize she was blessed by the "sacred harlot" which could be.. problematic.

7. Is prone to being tricked, has never had the talk of "the birds and the bees", and has a 20 CHA... is liable to be in the middle of getting molested in the first 3 posts, and not realize that theres a problem 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Added a few new spells will add more when I can.

I have ideas for forced orgasm spells, for a spell that makes you physically enjoy something and unable to resist but mentally intact. Spells that can be usable only after sex.

I will also write extensions to some existing spells.

• Woohoo 1