An Angel Loses Her Wings (SataiRolePlayingGuy x AirAllie14)

Mirina did wonder whether the fighting would always be necessary.  It happened to be the case here, but maybe it would be different in other circumstances.  It was only a moment before they were rejoined, by a dressed Maxim, Sarnia behind behind him.  Maxim kept his expression blank, while Sarnia looked quite pleased.

She stepped ahead and stood between the others and the camp.  “Alight, now that we have reached this point.  Any of you have questions, might as well answer them.  We’re going to probably be together for a while.  With an ‘army’ of my people.  So you might as well get to know us.  Can’t promise I will answer everything, there are some things we keep to ourselves.  But I will answer what I can.”  Maxim hoped this would be a more pleasant conversation, talking about the Lanarin as a people, rather than Sarnia specifically.

• Love 1

So it was about her then?  Well that was a fair question from her rival.  This was going to be fun.  She had only done this sort of thing with other Lanarin before.  “Of course you would want to know that.”  Sarnia said with an understanding nod.  “Unless he fights me again, and wins again, I won’t feel the instinct.  But you want to know if we pick one mate for life?  Like your marriage?  Well, not exactly.  If someone else challenges me and wins, I will feel the same…but…”.  It was not going to be as simple as simple as many animals of course.

”I’m not going anywhere, unless the talks to join you go badly.  You want your army, I’m coming with you and well, he is good, though I don’t have to tell you that.  Sorry, but we are competing over the same man, and I intend to put up a good fight.”  She intended to give serious competition too, though she was sure Anahel had the advantage and it was not going to be easy.

• Love 1

Anahel would smile as she heard that. As long as Maxim did not fight with Sarina again and win they could not have to have sex with each other again though, she did end up frowned as she heard the girl’s final response of not intending to give up on him. “Very well…” she said softly.

• Love 1

It was natural she was not going to be thrilled by it, but Sarnia was not going to be bothered.  Since there was not a follow up question, she went on the explain the situation.  "So, we are led by our elders.  The woman you saw before, Anina, well that's her title.  The head and eldest living member of my family.  She is gathering the heads of the other families.  All the leaders of the tribe.  They are going to have a talk about this idea of yours.  Whether we fight with you.  If they agree.  The tribe will move, fight with you."

Maxim spoke up.  He avoided the subject of him and Sarnia for now.  He had no intention of makings things easy for her, but putting his foot down too hard was dangerous.  They needed help.  "We have another need.  The Vanorians have taken nearly all the women of my kingdom.  We need to get them back  Until then, I was hoping your people would help them."

Sarnia picked up the obvious implication.  "Companionship?  Mating?  Look, there is bad blood between us.  Many of us aren't fond of humans.  But it isn't unheard of for one of us to go into your towns, find a man for a night or two.  I'm sure a few people in that town have already done it."  It was good to clarify this.  "Fighting a would be mate.  It's in our blood, we love it.  Makes it better with someone who is strong enough to beat us.  It isn't a requirement though.  Especially with humans or others."  Well there really were not 'others' besides humans and Lanarin in this area.  But there were stories of Lanarin getting involved with others long ago.  "I'm sure we can spare some to help the men over there."

• Love 1

Anahel blinked and uttered, “you don’t have to fight the men to mate with them but it does enhance it? Well I guess that does really help. The men of the village would greatly appreciate and benefit from the help of your people moving in I’m sure of it. While that happens, I will also continue to work with the other women who was recovered to try and get them back on their feet and into society again.”

• Love 1

They could get along when they were not fighting over a particular man, it appeared.  Sarnia would not needlessly provoke her.  There would be times they would fight over Maxim, but it was important to save that for when one or both of them wanted his personal attention.  There were some sensitive subjects they were getting close to, but for now she let the conversation flow.  "Of course there are not enough of us to leave one for every man.  Especially if you want an army.  But this would be a shorter term arrangement, I'm sure your men can learn to share."  It would not be a tiny number, but a system would have to be talked out, who gets who when.  "We will take care of any...longer term consequences on our own.  We are used to that."  She was curious if Anahel picked up exactly what she was implying.  Something certainly possible with this arrangement.

• Love 1

Anahel listened to Sarina and would raise an eyebrow as she asked, “are you suggesting sharing and possibly working out schedules about when each man can be with which Lanarin and when? That could work out, it would bring some order rather than just the men going after whatever woman he wanted..” she then began to pick up on what she was hinting at as well and gasped. “No way! No way we can do a schedule like that too! Prince Maxim is my future husband and I will not share him with you.” She said rather defensively.

• Love 1

Sarnia got an amused smile.  That was not the implication she was going for.  She would spell it out momentarily.  "We won't be hanging around the city, it will be up to whoever is left behind in charge to figure that stuff out.  Make it fair, everyone gets a turn, sometimes in bed sometimes shorter."  Yeah, in a way the men might see them as closer to whores that they did not have to pay for, but they would not mind.  They just looked at sex differently from humans.  "But of course not, dear rival.  Our competition will not be so formal.  What will happen in the city is different from our situation.  Let me clarify 'long term consequences', since you were probably wondering this, both for me and those we will leave in the city.  Yes, we can have children with humans.  If that happens, we will take care of them."  That was what she hinted at before.  It was possible, and Lanarin handled child raising differently from humans in a key way.

• Love 1

Anahel would gasp as she heard that and would clench her teeth a little. This was something she was concerned about. What if Prince Maxim had impregnated Sarina. What if she had his children? What would happen to her? To her children? What would the kingdom think about the prince fostering both of their children? She didn’t want this at all. She hoped and prayed to her God that Sarina would not be impregnated. It seemed she was finding more and more reasons to hate her newfound rival by the moment.

• Love 1

Maxim kept his mouth shut for now, speaking up at the moment was too troublesome.  He could guess what Anahel was worried about, he could ease her concerns later, when they were alone.  Yes, if Sarnia had a child of his, that could be a very complicated issue.  An illegitimate, half-Lanarin child.  It would be a big deal if word got out, though as long as the Lanarin helped save the kingdom, he could probably prevent it from being too negative.  They would not be in line for the throne though, not rivals in that sense for whatever children Anahel gave him.  Though he did ask Sarnia one question that hopefully help things a little and that he was curious about now.  "What do you mean by 'you will take care of it'?"

"The fathers won't be involved."  Sarnia put it bluntly.  "A mother raises her child on her own, or with the help of her sisters, mother, such family.  You call us the 'wild women'.  You see any men here?  Don't ask why you don't.  None of us will tell you."  She answered her own question with a tone that was more serious than anything else she said yet.  It was a subject forbidden to talk about with outsiders.  She would say anything else about that.  The camp was all women, and they would not get an explanation why.

• Love 1

Anahel blinked and did notice the lack of men in the village. She wondered if this could be beneficial not just for the prince’s village with the men but could also benefit the women of Lanarin as well. As Sarina explained more about what she would do with her child if they were to be born, Anahel nodded along and spoke, “well that goes without saying that the mother should take care of her child.”

• Love 1

The point Sarnia was making was the fathers generally had no involvement.  The men in the city probably would not care, assuming they knew, either.  Between the casualness of it and the mothers being Lanarin.  There would also probably be uncertainty over exactly who the fathers were, with the system being set up.  Now, if she had a child with Maxim, well they would have to see what happened there.

There was the other question.  What if anything the Lanarin in the would be army would be doing.  “So, is the idea it is just you two and my people for your army.  Your enemy killed every single man who would fight for you?”

That was unfortunately closer to the truth than Maxim like to admit.  “I have a few personal guards, left behind in the city, since it was better not to bring additional men to meet you.  But that is it.  As we go, we might pick up a little bit of man power from each freed city, from those who could still fight.”

”Well some of the others will probably take care of your guards.  We’ll see what happens when you start getting more men.”  It was a little risky for an army to do that sort of thing.  But Sarnia was optimistic they could do most or all of the fighting before that potentially made things difficult for any of the Lanarin.

• Love 1

Sarnia was just making an offer to try to help them, and give some of the girls some fun between fighting.  Of course they could have fun with each other too, but it was good to get a little variety and there was little reason to tell the outsiders about that part of their culture yet without reason.  She decided to try returning to the previous subject of conversation.  "Since we got distracted before.  Is there anything you want to know while we wait?  About my people, rather than me specifically.  Though if you are really that interested in me, you can ask about that as well."  There were a few things that were forbidden to discuss with outsiders, but other than that, she intended to be open and blunt.  Tell them whatever they wanted to know.  It would be useful if they were going to fight together.

• Love 1

“We know all about him.”  Sarnia glanced at Maxim, prince of the kingdom on their borders.  They had quite the history with that royal family.  Though Sarnia was giving Maxim the benefit of the doubt.  Acting like a Lanarin princess of sorts, maybe screwing with her would warm things up eventually.

Mirinia was a bit of an oddity as well, not acting like most human women women she had seen.  But Sarnia did care about that, there was a bigger mystery.  “Okay.  What are you?  Some magic experiment?  A human-monster hybrid?  Something from across the ocean?”  The Lanarin had no experience with angels.  Sarnia really had no idea exactly what Anahel was.

• Love 1

Anahel looked up at Sarina as we asked her questions to her and shook her head. “All of those are wrong. I am an angel. I am a holy being with magical powers. I was sent down from heaven by God in order to aid Prince Maxim in his conquest to reclaim his kingdom.” She explained to the Lanarin woman.

• Love 1

Sarnia was not entirely convinced.  The girl, her we rival, was sent by some god?  She did not feel like she was in the presence of such a being.  “It’s true.”  Maxim backed it up, making it slightly more convincing, but there was still skepticism in her eyes.  “Reclaim your kingdom too?”  She asked Anahel, the girl already considering herself Maxim’s wife.  “Well, that doesn’t bother me.  You won’t be my queen.  You can give him something more refined, and deal with all that royal nonsense, I’ll give him a taste of the wild side.”

• Love 1

Anahel frowned as she heard the last part. This was still not right with her. She didn’t like it at all. She didn’t want to share Maxim. Her was her’s. Her’s to begin with and then Sarina came out of nowhere. She would clench her fists tightly and her lip would quiver slightly but she did her best to restrain herself and just simply nodded softly.

• Love 1

Sarnia knew better than to push too far.  She did not know how powerful Anahel was.  Did this girl free that town on her own.  She was not looking for a physical fight either, that was not the right way to do this.  She would drop that subject for now.

”You will have another advantage with our army.  You won’t have to worry about feeding us.  We are quite good at finding our own food.  Though I might recommend none of you watching us eat…we are…messy eaters.”  It was another area they compared more to animals.  They did not have human ‘table manners’, among other things.

• Love 1

Anahel nodded at her words. That was some food that they could potentially save for their soldiers. She did not need to eat either so she would contribute to that as well. She would also respect their wishes not to watch them eat. A separate area would have to be set up for them whether in town or when they were on the move so that they could eat on their own. “Very well.”

• Love 1

There was a lingering tension in the air, though not one Sarnia had a problem with, she decided to help ease things a little.  "Will be back in a little while.  Going to go check on the elders, see if they have gathered and how their talks are going.  Should not take too long."  She walked off towards the camp, to let Anahel and Maxim have some time alone.  Well, Mirina would be there, but would stay out of things, unless Anahel talked to her.

Maxim realized the chance he had and tried to calm things down a little.  "I understand you are not pleased with this.  I would try to get out of it, but we need their help and rejecting Sarnia at this point might offend them too much.  She is trying to provoke you some, but you don't have to worry about her taking your place."  He tried to resolve one of the earlier issues as well.  "Ideally she won't have my child, though we have to live with a chance of that happening.  She is not my wife though, if she does have any they won't be rivals to our children...It's possible we won't even see them, since it sounds like they don't involve fathers with their children."  That would be a difficult issue.  He did not want to have a child with Sarnia, would not acknowledge them as heirs, if he did.  But they would still be his children, and not having any contact with them would be a different sort of problem.

• Love 1

Anahel nodded softly saying, “I know…. I understand the position we are in but… it still does not sit right with me…. Why did God let this happen? Is this a punishment for my growing feelings for you? For Mirina? For humanity? Can I not truly have you as my own?” She asked and then sighed. “I will try not to let it bother me…” she told him softly.

• Love 1

Maxim was not going to try to guess a god's motivations.  Whether this was part of a larger plan or not.  It was not his place.  He had never interacted with any directly, the way Anahel had.  She could guess better, but he did not want to encourage negative feelings that might be misplaced.  "We can only do what we feel is right.  There is nothing wrong with our war, and I don't intend to abandon you, or ignore your feelings."  That was the only thing he could do.  Push forward.  Make Anahel happy as he could.  They would just have to deal with Sarnia.  He probably could not avoid more sex with Sarnia.  It had felt good, but he treated it more like a duty.  What he might do if he had married some random princess instead of Anahel.

• Love 1