An Angel Loses Her Wings (SataiRolePlayingGuy x AirAllie14)

“I was lucky.  I have seen what the others have gone through.  So many still need help.  You are the only hope we have.  If you had not come, the only answer was the gods supported Vanoria, or just did not care.  You have given me some hope again too.”  With that she turned and left.  A moment later Maxim came back.  “I have seen some of your results.  I’m happy the body at least is much easier for you to heal than the mind.  Do you want to see more today, or was that enough?”  That was the main reason he came in, to check how much longer Anahel wanted to go today.

• Love 1

Anahel nodded and watched as the woman left. As she said, the Angel let out a sigh and looked up as Maxim entered. As he spoke, she answered, “I think I would like to stop for today…” she needed to think about what she had just learned as well as prepare herself for the first day of her private lesson with the broken mind girl.

• Love 1

Maxim led Anahel out of the temple.  Though, as an angel, who did not need to eat, drink, or sleep, he was not sure the best way to let her relax.  He thought some fresh air would be best.  He led her to one of the currently barren farm fields on the outer edges of town.  “I’m not sure what someone like you finds most relaxing, but maybe some air in a quieter place would be best.”

• Love 1

"You have given me and my people a hope we have not had since this war began.  I have to rely on you to do most of the fighting.  Even once my kingdom is restored, my army my be more for show than anything.  Your power will be more needed than ever as we push into Vanoria.  That all being the case, I don't know how I can do.  But I want to do what I can to thank you for it."  The war was entirely just.  There was no fear he was abusing Anahel's power.  Still, after seeing that girl, Maxim wanted no illusions.  No idea he was just using her, like a weapon, or slave, even if she had offered him a sort of loyalty comparable to what that girl talked about.

• Love 1

Anahel looked at Maxim and shook her head, “no need… seeing all of you happy and free is enough payment for me..” she told him and sat down onto the grass, pulling her feet to her chest saying, “just knowing that I’m making a difference is enough… I’ve affected so many people already…”

• Love 1

It was true.  Anahel had been incredibly helpful.  Everything Maxim could have hoped for in answer to his prayers.  The only thing where she had not succeeded yet was the slave girl.  That was going to take a lot more work.  But he had hope Anahel would succeed with her too.  If she did, it would be a key to helping all the women taken and enslaved.  Though Anahel could not hope to fix all of them herself.  Hopefully if they did find a way, it was something others could learn and repeat the process.  Even then it would probably take years.  But it was worth it, after Vanoria was dealt with, he would work as hard as he needed to there.

"Does it tire or drain you in any way to use that power?  Human mages can only cast so much magic in a day before they need to recover, but is it different for you.  Either a difference in your body, or in the sort of power you use or how you draw it?"  That was something important to figure out.  If there were limits, he would have to take more care in the planning.

• Love 1

That was something to keep in mind.  "How close were to using up your power today?"  This was a small town.  Depending on how close she was, they might have to plan more carefully on larger cities.  In Vanoria especially they would have to be extra careful.  The war might not be as quick or easy as he hoped.  He relied on Anahel, to have any chance.  If he recklessly used her power they would just be overwhelmed.  "Do you know of anyways to extend your power, or recharge.  Mages can sometimes use potions to regain their power, but they are not easy to get, and we would not be able to carry many at a time.  The other possibility would be to find some sort of artifact you could draw power from instead."

• Love 1

Anahel looked over at the Prince and said, “the battle took a lot out of me… I used a lot in the demonstration of my power… healing that girl also used up a lot of my power… no, I do not k ow of anyway to recharge my power faster, I’ve never used up so much of my power before… resting like this… I suppose is as much as I can do…”

• Love 1

“We’ll have to live with that.  Might be able to find a few of those potions too, test if they work on an angel, if so use them in emergencies.  Other than that though, we’ll have to be more careful.  May have to move slower and at times be more creative to get more use out of your power.  Was that your main form attack, or can you do others things?  If so those other things potentially use less of your power, depending on what they were?”  They had to plan a little more now, knowing there were limits to Anahel.  That she was not the super weapon Maxim had in his first impression.  He had to make the most effective use of her power.  Make the Vanorians believe she actually was that sort of super weapon.

• Love 1

They would need to get creative probably.  Try to rely more on things like terrain, or traps, or tricks to get as many soldiers into one spot as much as possible.  But then Maxim remembered the other idea he thought of earlier.  “What about the magic to make me stronger.  Is that a one time use of energy, or do you gradually use energy as the spell is in effect?  How many could you potentially strengthen at a time?”  He would not hope for a super army but even a small group enhanced like that could make a significance difference too.  It might even be the more effective strategy at times.  He could charge in and cut down a significant number of them.  The shock of which might surprise the enemy and make them more cautious about facing him in later battles.

• Love 1

It still could have some value, but he would have to be careful about when he used it.  They could still win this war.  Maxim was confident of that.  But it was not going to be quick or easy as he hoped.  “…We may have to be slower.  Defensive at times.  But you can’t be everywhere at once.  A priority will be to try to get a strategic point the Vanorians can’t go around, to secure as much territory as we can.”  He had to try to think though, if there was any points like that and how much fighting to do to get there.  Of course they had to clear any Vanorians out between here and such a point.

• Love 1

Maxim was happy Anahel had that much confidence in him.  He did not think he was a military genius of any sort, but he had to do what he could with what he had.  “Hopefully the soldiers who ran here spread the word and some them will surrender or run to avoid facing your power.  Reputation and rumor may help us more than anything.  We might have to do that a few more times to make the story stronger.  That even seeing you will be enough to win at least some battles.”  Maybe one or two more towns doing something similar to here.  After that they might just be too scared, at least until they reached some of their biggest targets.

• Love 1

That’s why she was here.  She was not just here because she was ordered, she appeared to believe in the mission.  She did not like killing, but that was good, neither did he.  They were doing it because they had to.  They could maybe reduce some of it with these ideas, but they still had to fight some.

He lightly kicked the empty dirt in the field.  The Vanorians had clearly taken everything growing here.  “When we first walked out here I was tempted to ask if you could restore these fields, like you did the woman.  Though I guess if you can it will have to wait a bit longer, until you have recovered some energy.”

• Love 1

Anahel nodded and said, “I could restore it… at full power maybe… it would drain me a lot… though, that’s not the only way I can help to restore it,” she told him and placed her hand down onto the dirt. The area under her hand seemed to glow gold and when she moved her hand away there was a sapling. “Care for this and it will sprout into a great fruit tree and with it will come seeds, seeds that can be planted and with that, the grass and flowers will also return, I will do as much as I can everyday to try to restore some of the land on occasion. It will be beautiful and prosperous again.”

• Love 1

Maxim was a little surprised by that.  Was it the use of a small remaining bit of her power?  “I’ll try to make sure it is cared for.”  It was a small thing but perhaps it would make a difference.  Anything to help feed the people was welcome.  “Is there anything that can be done for except to wait?  You don’t eat, drink, or sleep.  But is there anything that can be done to help you rest more effectively?”  It was not just about helping her regain her power, but helping her, in return for all the help she was giving.

• Love 1

“You really don’t remember much at all of your old life, I guess.”  Maxim paced back and forth a bit.  “The life of a prince is rather different from the life of most.  Recently I’ve been more focused on fighting or running.  Even now, much of what a royal would do as a pass time is not something available to me, at least until I regain more of my kingdom.”  There was one thought.  Weird as it seemed, it might help her a little.  “You might be an Angel, but you took a look of a lady, and I guess you were a woman of some sort in your old life.  So I will do one of the things I taught to do with ladies at court.”

He took her hand, put he arm around her, began leading her in a fairly slow dance.  The kind he might might do with visiting noble ladies or princesses back home.

• Love 1

Anahel blinked as Maxim suddenly took her hand and began to wrap the other around him. She instinctively grabbed onto his shoulder with her free hand and began to awkwardly and sloppily follow his movements, a blush on her face from their closeness. “W-what is… this…?” She asked him.

• Love 1

Maxim wondered if Anahel had any subconscious memories of this.  But, even assuming she had once been a human woman, it is was impossible to guess what sort of woman she had been, commoner, noble, royal,…it was even possible she had once been a slave.   Depending on which she was, she may or may not have had experience.

He led her slowly, now rather closely.  “Dancing, something a man and woman, especially of the higher classes, do together.”  He did not mention it was often part of courtship, since it was not automatically part of the process, and he did not dare imply or think himself, that he was trying to court an Angel.

• Love 1