An Angel Loses Her Wings (SataiRolePlayingGuy x AirAllie14)

Anahel would sigh and gave a small nod saying, “yeah… I guess you are right… there is nothing more we can really do I guess,” she told Maxim. Anahel would do her best to ignore Sarina but she knew that she would always be there, tormenting her weather she wanted to intentionally or not.

• Love 1

Maxim had to consider next steps.  They were on his mind as they waited.  "If we get this army, it is probably time to take the next step.  After drop some of them off in the city, maybe bring a few extra men with us, it is finally time to move to the next target.  We have to move faster, especially if we want to find women who might not have been broken yet by the enslavement process."  That Mirina was already the way she was was not a good sign, in the last city to temporarily fall to Vanoria.  But maybe some took longer, especially if they were being moved around the kingdom.  Maybe there were some who had not been broken yet.

• Love 1

Mirina of course, as usual, showed no reaction, even as the talk was semi-about her.  Were there others who might not have been broken yet?  It was hard to say.  She was one of the who were not taken away and had the process done locally.  She had no idea how much the length of the process varied from person to person, or how long it was taking to move others around before starting.  Maybe there were some like that, it was hard to guess.

Before Maxim could say anything else, Sarnia was back in sight, did not ask anything about what they had been talking about.  Instead reporting what she saw.  "Good news, the elders were impressed by the boy's fighting ability.  They also see your enemy as worse than his family.  Let me just say again, to be 'enslaved', 'tamed', probably no concept disgusts us more than that.  Honestly I wish one of them was hear right now, so I could rip him apart with my own hands."  She said it with a vicious smile.  She was not fond of humans for the most part, but the Vanorians had disgusted them on a new level.  "The girls are being gathered up as we speak.  Should not take much longer."

• Love 1

Anahel smiled as she heard those words from Sarina, words that she liked for once. “I’m glad you and everyone else are in agreement. Yes, they are terrible, which is why I was sent as aid to defeat them and why I am here, to help those women taken by the Vanorians, help them to return to somewhat who they were before everything. I will help them and everyone else the best I can.”

• Love 1

Sarnia still did not really believe all that sent by gods stuff, but there was little reason to argue about it at this point.  It would not be long before they moved, a brief stop at the city, them marching towards the first battle.  “If you did your homework on our history, I don’t have to tell you this.”  She was speaking to Maxim.  “We don’t fight like your armies.  Won’t get into formations and all that.  We will fight in our way.  We will follow your orders deciding the next target, maybe some of the big picture strategy, but for the actual fighting we will do things our way.”

• Love 1

Anahel listened to this. Maybe that would be beneficial. It would certainly catch the Vanorian army by surprise, this unpredictable, wild fighting style. Though, it may trip up their soldiers as well. They would have to see how things went. Maybe hold a test to see? There would sadly be no time for that however.

• Love 1

Maxim knew it would be too difficult to try to force them to do anything they did not.  The Lanarin had been on the losing side in their wars over time.  Their territory slowly chipped away at.  But the Vanorians had no experience with them.  Combined with Anahel’s power, if they struck fast they might make good progress.  “Hopefully we can keep moving fast.  Not give them time to adjust…as long as that is the case, this may work.”

As he said it, the figures began leaving the camp.  A wide variety but all young women, some armed, some not.  The Lanarin strength advantage might work out for the unarmed ones.

• Love 1

Anahel looked around at the various Lanarin who were gearing up for combat. She would smile as she saw the numbers. This would greatly help them. Combined with the soldiers they already have and her powers, they would win for sure. At least she hoped so. She hoped and prayed to her God that they would be able to get through this.

• Love 1

It took sometime for everyone to gather.  Much of the tribe had been pulled from the camp.  Almost everyone in their prime.  Some would be left in the city, but the majority would be the core of their army, along with Maxim’s guard and the few men they could recruit from the city.  They began their march.

“We won’t stay long in the city.”  Maxim observed.  “We won’t spend another night there.  We will be camping tonight.  Might be several nights of camping before our next target.”

”Fine with us. We would feel weird sleeping in your city.  The few who stay behind will have to adjust.”  Sarnia answered.  She was the unofficial leader here as far as the others were concerned, though there were no formal ranks or anything like that. She was sticking to the front of the crowd, would be the one doing most of the planning with Maxim and Anahel.

• Love 1

It was a quiet march before they finally got back to the city.  Picking up the guards, a few other men and talking with Sarnia about which and how much of the women to leave behind.  After that was figured out it was a brief talk with the priest, probably the closest thing to a leader.  He was a little uneasy with the Lanarin, but listened to the prince’s plan.  He understood it was probably for the best, the easiest way to find temporary female companionship for the men.  Leaving those Lanarin with the priest, they made their way out of the city. If Maxim had his way, the next time he was in the city would be as king.  But now they were marching to finally begin the second battle, though it would take some time and a few nights camping.

• Love 1

Anahel was a little excited. It had been a while since their last fight. In their trip to the town she had went to visit the pregnant farm girl, telling her of the news and bidding her farewell. She wished she could have left Mirina behind but there was no use in trying. The battlefield was no place for her but she just hoped that she would stay hidden and out of the battle. She could always instruct her to go hide while the battle was being fought though, it was nice having her company around, better than Sarina’s.

• Love 1

Once they were back on the field, they moved quietly as they could.  At Sarnia's insistence, Maxim agreed to avoid the roads.  There was a two part strategy here.  The Lanarin could hunt for food easier.  Several of them would break off at a time to hunt, before returning to the group.  They were also reducing the chance of the Vanorians seeing them early.  The more surprise the better.  After the first battle, Maxim wanted survivors to escape, for word of Anahel to spread.  But keeping the Lanarin a surprise would be better.  If they could prevent word from spreading, there was less chance of the Vanorians adapting.  They might believe they were continuing to rely on Anahel's power and wonder just how powerful she really was.

Maxim had a specific goal this time.  To regain access to the sea.  The port city of Lunu.  His kingdom's main port.  The trade and contract with the rest of the known world would be valuable.  But now they were getting close to the first night.  "There is a forest not far from here."  Maxim commented.  "It is probably best to set up the first camp there."  Sarnia agreed.  "No one will see us sleeping there.  We are good at keeping a low profile, especially at night."  They were not especially close to the road, there was little reason to believe anyone would wander off to find them, if any small group did, the Lanarin could quietly deal with them as well.

• Love 1

Anahel nodded along as well and spread her wings, taking off into the air and found a good spot in the forest for them to set up. She instructed them about where it head and soon they would begin to set up camp for the night. Tonight would be a good chance to speak to her God, if no one needed her of course.

• Love 1

The camp was eventually set up, with no fires this time.  The Lanarin were used to sleeping like this, though a few stayed up to watch.  Maxim and the few other men were left to rely on their bags for warmth.  He intended to avoid unnecessary tension.  He would not be intimate with either Anahel or Sarnia tonight.  He also ordered the other men not to get too friendly with the Lanarin tonight.  They all needed sleep, to get up and begin the march early the next day.  He would Anahel do what she wanted for the night.  Mirina had been given an extra bag.  Ended up sleeping next to Sarnia somehow.  The men were told she was off limits.  There would be other nights they could have some fun with Lanarin, but not Mirina.

• Love 1

Anahel looked over everyone as they slept peacefully and ready for the battle ahead. For her, she would spread her wings and flew up alive the trees, taking a seat atop a high branch. She looked up above at the night sky and like before she began to speak.

”God… are you there…? What is happening to me…? Am I… becoming more human…? Will be become a human or stay as an Angel? Are my powers fading? How long do I have? Am I being punished? Are you punishing me for falling in love with these humans? Please…. I need answers… I need guidance… I do not know what to do….”

• Love 1

As Anahel prayed, she found herself pulled back again.  Drawn to that figure, the image of her god.  Would this be the last time she spoke to him directly?  It was possible.  But in this case, she was still his angel, he was willing to give her clarity.  “You are not being punished.  You are doing as expected, but you have a choice here.”

He had expected this.  But there was no fate in this circumstance, there were several outcomes to choose from.  “You are changing.  Becoming more human.  A human should love a human.  An angel’s duty in the mortal world is temporary.   At this point it is still up to you, it is possible to turn back for now.  But if you carry his child, that is the point of no return.”

Well it was a little more complicated than that. “Even if you do, you will never be completely human.  Your wings will remain as will much, but not all, of your power.  But you will also remember more of your old life.  That you were the same as the girl at your side, you are fighting the empire that did the same to you.  Do not fear the loss of power.  It will only be partial and slow.”  For at least a few battles she would be at more or less full power.  She might lose some before the war ended, but not enough for her to be worried about an inability to fight.

• Love 1

Anahel looked up as she was brought before her God and nodded along as she listened to his answers to her question. It was interesting, her wings and possibly her halo as well would remain, would her appearance become more human like as well? “Will my children look like me… or will they look more human…?” She asks her God. “Is it even possible for me to have children…?” She asked.

She then asked, “you mentioned all of this going as planned… does that mean I was always meant to be sent down and fall in love with these humans…? And other thing… I understand why I met Prince Maxim… to help him… and I understand why I met Mirina… because she is like me and can help me understand more about my past life but… what is the purpose of me meeting Sarina? I don’t understand…. She is infuriating… she gets on my nerves… makes me angry… I don’t want to share Prince Maxim with her… I want him to myself… he was all mine before she came along… I understood what he did was for the greater good but… I am just not alright with it….”

• Love 1

"If you are willing to seal you fate, be more human than not, you can have as many children with him as you want, your body is already changed enough.  If you continue to lay with him, you eventually have his child.  Maybe soon, maybe not.  That is your choice, bind yourself to him forever, or return home when your fight is over."  He always knew this was a possibility.  He chose Anahel to answer the prince's prayers.  They were a good match.  Anahel's past life made it a good match as well.  She used to be broken.  A 'willing' slave in Vanoria, but she was reborn, freed of chains.  But when she returned, how would she feel?  If she found herself in the emperor's presence, would she feel hate, or would she feel a degree of obedience to him, a desire to let him have her, to be his?  That he did not know.  Maybe she would find herself in that position or not.  It was another choice.  Anahel could become a slave again, if she gave in to feelings from her own life.  "Fate" only existed to the degree gods tried to enforce their will, but he was being more hands off.

"Not everything is the work of gods.  I chose you, knowing your feelings.  That you would fall for him.  Though it is up to you to decide what to do about those feelings.  You may be the one to free girls like her.  You may be the mother of a holy bloodline that is never forgotten or broken.  Your children will not be human.  They have a portion of your power, live longer than ordinary humans.  They may or may not inherit your wings."

As for Sarnia, was that his work?  He would not be as definitive.  "You are jealous of the other girl.  Angry about her competition.  There is nothing wrong with that.  But perhaps this is the only way to heal the wounds between the two peoples.  You understand the power of a bond between man and woman.  Especially a man such as that.  Trust her, she will not steal the prince from you.  That I can say for certain, though you will have to share him.  If you two fight together, you may develop another bond.  She does not hate you.  She will not call you queen, if you make that choice, but she will fight for you."  He could see the possibilities.  Fighting together, potentially both having children with Maxim.  It might remain cold on the outside, full of tension.  But they had the potential to become very close.  Anahel did not know certain things about the Lanarin yet.

• Love 1

Anahel once again nodded along to her God’s words. It made her happy to know that her children would at least be somewhat like herself. She would teach them how to use their powers and how to fly if they did get their wings and powers.

She then frowned a little at the comments about Sarina. She was happy to know that she would not take Maxim away from her but, could the two really become friends? She decided to just go with it for now and said, “thank you God….”

• Love 1

"I will continue to watch you.  But what happens is your choice.  The world will be changed, whichever choice you make.  Do what feels right.  I will not punish any action you take, I chose you out of trust and your loyalty."  That much was true.  Even if she gave herself back to slavery, he would not act.  His intervention was done after sending Anahel to Maxim.  The most he might do was occasionally speak to her like this again, or bring her back at the end, if she chose not to tie herself to Maxim.  But he could see her heart, she already desired to do that.  The only danger was if she fell into Vanorian hands.  He only gave her an indirect warning on that though.  "You may become different mentally, your identity.  If you become more human, you may become a mix of who you are now, and the woman you used to be.  Do not fear it.  You are still her deep down, after all. Her soul is your soul.  Every memory of her life, still in your mind, you already remember some of it, you will remember more.  You don't have to return to that life, but don't feel shame of who you used to be.  Become the woman you want to be."  The man who was her master, any children she might have had.  Life in Vanoria.  Did she swear loyalty to her emperor?  Was it the current one, or a previous one?  Anahel would have to remember it all on her own, and she would eventually.  He would not tell her about her old life.

• Love 1

"Do you have any other questions?  If you do not, return, think about what has said.  The choices you have to make.  They are important, though you do not have to decide immediately."  A gate opened behind Anahel, allowing her to return to the camp, unless there was something she wanted to ask or discuss first.  The god would answer questions, or give advice, but he would give no orders.  It was up to Anahel to decide what she wanted and how to get it.  How to fight and what her fate after the war would be.  Her fate would not be sealed tonight, but it was not certain how long it would take to do so.  He was not going to tell Anahel when the earliest she could get pregnant if she kept trying would be.

• Love 1

Anahel turned around and looked at the gates. She would give a nod to her God and then turned and began to exit through the gates. She had asked him all the questions she had. For now she needed to head back and think about what she had just been told, everything that had happened and everything that would come.

• Love 1