Image Sorting withing albums.

Please, for the love of heavens, allow us to manually sort images within albums. While I understand that albums are now made for only a single characters, this exactly increased the priority of this suggestion. Most people may not require that their images hold a certain sorting order but I kinda do. Images that I uploaded the first time (that I use as main images) should not be kicked back with new images being uploaded, when they are supposed to be secondary images to support the first one.

I know that I can make an image THE main image of the album but this isn't the issue. I want my images to be in order so the most important ones are first and the least important ones are last. AND just so we talk about it, the sorting options are not good as they are because they only have "sort by earliest" or "sort by dates" (which btw are the same thing) but there is no sort by oldest or reverse sort by date. I find no real use in things like sort by most viewed and comments since this brings chaos.

Edited by Sera
  • Love 1

• Community Administrator

I would love to, however as far as I am aware it is not possible under the IPS framework. However I feel your pain on this, I too would like that to be an option. If there is a third party modification on IPS's end that makes this possible, I will strongly consider putting it in.

For now though: I will put it in as a suggestion for the project I'm working on with my brother in law, something we hope to replace our use of IPS, with. Hopefully it will be implemented one day - but not on EcchiDreams as it currently is, but rather as it will be.

Still, however. Is there no way to change the sorting settings to make it like "Ascending" instead of only "Descending"? This would fix a good part of this issue easily by allowing the newer pics to be thrown in the back and not in the front. I am surprised that this is not an actual setting too since usually descending comes with ascending as its contrary in gallery searches.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up