Fetish Search Function

Since the site already has a preference sheet I was thinking that maybe a function that allowed users to cross-match their preferences with other people or search for matches for specific preferences would be a good idea. I imagine that it would probably mean having to rework a lot of the coding, but if doable I believe that it would appreciated by everyone.

• Like 1

• Community Administrator

This is something I'd really love to implement! In theory it should already be doable with minimal effort as the preferences suite has a built in filter already.

Unfortunately it doesn't filter by these things at the moment and when I last looked into it; it took filters too literally, if I remember correctly. So what I mean is; for example. If you were to use the filter for things like "Group Sex", "Pregnancy" it would only pull up records where people have only selected "Group Sex" and "Pregnancy", if someone had "Group Sex", "Pregnancy", "Anal", "Drugs" it wouldn't show those. However since the implementation in 2015; there might have been core changes in IPS that makes the search less literal. So I absolutely will look into it.

If, however, it's not possible. It is certainly something that will be possible in the bespoke software that is currently in development to replace Invision Power Suite (IPS) as the main software behind EcchiDreams. What I mean is; we're making a custom website, coded completely from scratch. Right now we use IPS and it's well designed software however we heavily customise it for our needs and we're starting to hit the ceiling of what is and isn't doable under the current software, which is why we're custom making our own. It's currently in Alpha, but it's not really anywhere near ready for primetime use and has a lot less features than EcchiDreams right now. But it is in active development. 

• Like 1

I must admit that I never ever really use or change the top part of my preference sheet as I have written my own custom list of fetishes and likes lower, which is much more expansive and personal than the rather "cut and dry" options that the site provides.

Usually, with partners, I try and refer to that list of mine and see how we "align" in that regards, but I can see why it might be a useful tool for most and F-list also has this option implemented in their system.

I can confirm with absolute certainty that for the bespoke software we're working on it will be much better in this regard. I would have to agree that the current implementation on this site isn't perfect. We knew this back in 2015 when we introduced it, and it's way more obvious now than it was back then. 

I can only agree with this sentiment. 

1 minute ago, Novaer said:

I can confirm with absolute certainty that for the bespoke software we're working on it will be much better in this regard. I would have to agree that the current implementation on this site isn't perfect. We knew this back in 2015 when we introduced it, and it's way more obvious now than it was back then. 

I can only agree with this sentiment. 

I do wonder if it will be possible to have a search option for both "preset" fetish/preferences/likes as well as custom made ones, though I can imagine the latter one being very hard to make into something functional. Perhaps there could be a way to see which custom ones a preference sheet/profile has.

Honestly, I have no idea what options that could happen and just really wanted to air out some overall ideas.

Custom tags would be extremely tricky, yes, for a myriad of reasons. Making a search that searches for it, might actually be the easier part. But making it properly functional... I'm not sure about that. 

Ideas are good. I especially want feed back from people who have to use this system daily, so we can work out how to make it better. If not under IPS then under the bespoke solution.

I probably won't use it daily, but certainly pretty often indeed. Maybe not a system to seek out the exact custom preferences, but perhaps just profiles that has them? Meaning, you are able to search for individuals who do have put in their own custom stuff. Just me kind of spitballing ideas without a clue as to how the software or coding works.

I will be more than happy and eager to both test out or give (hopefully useful) ideas for how it might look and work as a whole.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Read our Privacy Policy for more information.

Please Sign In or Sign Up