hello

hello im dragonsrage but my friends call me nylla hehe you probably saw me around i just never posted since well i am a little on the shy side so i kinda just kept to reading what was out there. i would love to try and rp here but im nervous cause im use to small reply's and most of the time they are not very descriptive so i don't know if i could adapt to rp here but i would love to hehe

• Community Administrator

Welcome to EcchiDreams, I remember you. Thanks for re-registering!

If you decide to join the RP or not, I hope to see you around. NeppyNepNep or even myself (Because I'm also apart of the RP team now as well as Forum and Gallery xD) will try to help you out. NeppyNepNep is still the best person in my honest opinion to ask though. I'm... New at this. xD

That said you don't need to write essays to Roleplay. Some people look at (for example) the work of more detailed roleplayers, and think that's a standard they have to live up to, to RP here. No; as long as it's not constant one liners then you'll be fine. :) It should be up to the person on who they want to RP with and to partner themselves to a person with a similar skill-set. Some people would like to improve on their Roleplaying and that's a noble thing to do, so there are plenty of guides on here that might give you an insight as to how to build your posts in the RP. For example I'll show you how I do it changing this:

He walked in to a pet shop and asked "I want to buy a cat."

to something like this:

Jimmy walked into a pet shop in down town Blackberry Falls. His daughter wanted a cat, so badly... She had been pestering him for weeks about it, proving that she could look after it in so many different ways. As Jimmy pushed against the deceptively heavy door, it creaked open, there was a ring of the bell to let the shopkeep know someone had come into the store. 'The door creeks so loudly, why does it need a bell as well?' he thought to himself as he entered the shop. Walking down an isle of pet food and pet essentials he made his way to the desk, Jimmy made his intentions clear. "I want to buy a cat."

---

I filled it with talking (Really) about absolute nonsense. </joke> I gave him a little back story and added some description in there. All in all it didn't take that long, but at the same time it obviously took me longer to write than the first one. I used to be a lot like yourself when I first started, I did small replies and wasn't very descriptive. All it takes is time, practice and a will to improve yourself.

Of course; if you like the way you are already then that's fine too. :)

If I wasn't of any help to you there then I'm sorry. I hope to see you around and welcome back to EcchiDreams~, if you have any questions or decide that you want to chat, don't be afraid to send me an EcchiText. I don't bite that hard. xD

• Community Administrator

Hello and welcome to EcchiDreams, dragonsrage! Tripp is right, you can either come to him or myself with any questions you have. Even if you think they're silly, just put them to us and we'll answer them for you. If you want help, we're both more than willing to do so.

To expand on what Tripp said, it would be a good idea if you took a look at the RolePlay Guide (Click the link). It is something that I wrote for people in your position. It has everything you need to know in it. And if that still does confuse you a little, don't hesitate to come to me with any questions or requests to expand on anything. I hope you RP here, it would be nice to see you around :3 

thanks for the welcome ^^ both of you ^^ and it really did help i will try and rp. i will look at the guild for sure and come at you with questions when i have them ^^ now for the long trek of finding a suitable dragon pic for my profile hehe XD

• Senior Staff

Hello dragonsrage, I'm SMFoxy, the Gallery Administrator.

Apologies for being so late welcoming you to EcchiDreams, but I'm here now, so: "Welcome to EcchiDreams!".

It has already been said, but there is an RP Guide section, and Neppy is very friendly and helpful to people who need it too.

At any rate, looking forward to seeing you around the forums, and feel free to contribute to the Gallery too.

Sweet Dreams~

Edited by SMFoxy

• 2 weeks later...