The Twin Angels

There was a little more to Kiyo that Anna did not know yet, Kiyo considered herself the ideal protector for the girl, at least in the short term, maybe longer term too.  “So, I suspect you two already know this.  But you are locked in for the next few years.  The campus will remain your home.  Even when there are not any classes, during the breaks and such.  Hopefully you will find friends in the dorms and classes.  But do either of you have any clubs you might be considering?  I would highly recommend you both join one or two.  Either together or separately.  Of course most of the sports are gender segregated, but you should both be able to apply to join any other club.”  There was of course the matter of both of them being approved, but that would depend on how competitive the clubs were for new members, and their own personal skills.  The twins would have a better idea if there was anything they were both good enough at to try to join together.

• Love 1

Both twins knew that the academy would be their homes from now on, they had accepted the fact that they would be living here. Anna was quite hopeful to make new friends and possible set more out of her shell while Avery could care less if he made friends or not, whether he did or didn’t he thought he would be fine either way.

When the topic of clubs came around, Avery would raise an eyebrow. He wasn’t much for clubs or sports. He also doubted that there would be a club both of them could join together as well but if there was, it would be hopeful for them to spend more time together.

Anna would look at Kiyo uttering, “a-a club could be nice… I um… like to practice art in my free time… perhaps I could join an art club? It could be fun…”

Avery wasn’t surprised by her sister’s response. Anna had always been a creative and artistic person. An art club would suit her just well and she would be able to express herself more to others. Maybe he could join her in it? He wasn’t really that high on art but it could be something soothing and calming to get his mind off of, everything and everyone around him. It may be a good start but maybe other club would catch him eye.

Edited by AirAllie14
  • Love 1

“Art is good.  You can do classes there too.  If you are good enough, that could even be your focus.  Though you would still have to take general academic classes as well.”  There was a lot of flexibility in classes.  The school did occasionally produce true artist.  Though they would have to see if Anna was good enough to consider that path.  Kiyo found it amusing both the boys were rather quiet.  It was better they were all together for now. Though it would be interesting to see how the two handed things alone, in the dorm.  It was also going to be interesting to see how Avery reacted to some of the things they would see soon.

At this point they were nearly out of the building.  “We will be riding the campus trains to go from one building to another.  It is a big campus, big enough you generally don’t walk between buildings.  Just be prepared.  You will see something rather surprising once we get on the train.  It is better if you just see it for yourself.”  She was not going to elaborate ahead of time.  The twins would be unlikely to believe it and even if she tried, words could not always explain what you would see.  You never could be sure exactly what you would see.

• Love 1

Anna would smile at Kiyo’s words. She had never considered art as a career path but maybe she could make it work. Taking art classes would be fun as well. Avery agreed as well. From what he had seen of her sister’s work, he had full confidence in her and knew that she would be able to make it work as well.

When they exited the building, the scale of the school really began to come into view for Avery. The fact that they needed to take a train to go between building was proof enough of how massive the campus was. 

He continued to with their tour but a curious eyebrow would be raised why Avery spoke of seeing something g surprising on the train. He nor his sister had any idea what she was talking about though both chaperones seemed to know that something was coming, but what?

Avery continued to follow though he would keep his guard up, ready for anything while Anna felt a little nervous to know what the surprise was as well but kept an open mind, hoping it head nothing bad.

• Love 1

It was one of the more unique aspects of the school.  Maybe or maybe not the most surprising one, but one that was at least the most potentially positive.  Less awkward than explaining the dueling.  "Stay close to us." Kiyo said as the train stopped, the door opened and she led them into the crowded train.  Kazuyuki, without saying anything, also took the lead.  The two of them stood in front of the twins as they made their way on.  The train was a little crowded and there were sights to see.  A number of students having a lot of fun with each other.  One girl riding a boy quite enthusiastically.  Another bent over with a boy behind her, there was also a pair of girls groping each other.  "...You will see a lot of this...everywhere..."  Kiyo began to explain.  "This is not only allowed, but encouraged.  You can do it with whoever you want, whenever you want.  Except during classes.  Though as new students, you two are under a 'protection' phase.  The period of time we will be accompanying you wherever you go, outside of the dorms.  During that period no one is allowed to touch you, after that though, you two will start getting plenty of action one way or another."  She left the explanation at that for a moment.  Let the two of them process everything and see if either had any questions about it, before explaining details.

• Love 1

As they entered the train, Avery would see both chaperones as they got in front of them like they were protecting them from something, but what?

Avery would get his answer as soon as she looked around the train. Just like that, his cold expression was actually broken for once as his eyes widened slightly at the sight he was not expecting to see. Anna was equally as shocked if not more than her brother. Her cheeks turned a bright rosy red as she watched the other students messing around with each other.

Both would listen to Kiyo’s expression with Avery looking a little concerned. Other students would try to come after them once their protection period ended? He would feel his protective brotherly instincts beginning to rise, wanting to protect his sister from this world. She was thankful that the chaperones were here for protection as well but once the protection period was over, it was up to him.

Anna on the other hand felt a little excited. Would she get to meet a cute girl like this? Even do things with cute girls? She hoped for it. Hoped a cute girl would take interest with her, hoped to be able to receive the experience she had so wanted for so long, to finally be with a girl.

• Love 1

Less of a reaction than many new students, especially girls.  That was for the better.  They should adjust more easily.  Though Kiyo would wait a little to bring up club initiations.  "There is generally only two exceptions with this, besides not doing it during class time.  You are generally expected to do it with anyone who wants to, whenever they want to.  Obviously you two are not allowed to do it as siblings.  Orientation is intended to be respected as well.  A lesbian will not be forced to have sex with boys, for example."  It was as good a time as any to bring up what she was.  "Some boys can be rather pushy with girls they want, of course.  That is where people like me come in.  I am one of a group who calls themselves the Rose Knights.  An unofficial but not forbidden group.  We will fight for any girl who is uncomfortable with the touch of boys, from those who would not care about that."  She had no idea if Anna was such a girl.  But she would throw it out there.  Kiyo was willing to help her after the protection period if she was such a girl and needed the help.

• Love 1

Avery nodded along with the girl’s words. It made sense that they would not be allowed to be involved with each other, they were siblings after all, he doubted a line like that would ever be crossed between the two of them. 

Anna would continue to listen to Kiyo as well and would find her next words interesting. There was a group at the school group who protected lesbians like her from being pressured into sex with boys? This seemed like a sign for her. Maybe this group could be beneficial for her. She was a lesbian and had no interest least that she knew of in boys. Not to mention joining a group like this, with people like her could be a chance to make some new friends, maybe even relationships deeper than that as well.

”R-Really?” She asked Kiyo and then uttered, “I-i am…. I am actually a lesbian…. I’m still a virgin but I have a really strong attraction to girls… I-is it possible that I can join this group too…?”

• Love 1

That was an interesting offer.  Of course Kiyo had to confirm what she was actually asking.  There were two ways to take that, though Anna would not understand that yet.  "Are you asking for longer term 'protection', after we are done chaperoning you.  Or are you asking to actually join?  Do you have any experience fighting?  If you don't, you both should probably choose a weapon or martial art and get practicing.  It is something you want to learn either way, just in case.  You will see the arena before the day is over."  She would elaborate more on what she meant in a moment, after getting Anna's answer to the previous questions.  Actually joining the Rose Knights required being willing and able to fight, but that was something every student probably should learn, in case they had to fight.

• Love 1

Avery would raise another curious eyebrow. Fighting? Weapons? Arenas?! What was the girl talking about. Looking around it didn’t surprise him. If anytime anywhere with anyone sex was allowed, then he guessed violent battles were allowed as well. He would have to choose a weapon along with his sister but hoped that she would not have to use her’s or fight though, from what Kiyo was talking about, it sounded like joining these Rose Knights would inevitably involve fighting. 

Anna nodded along with a small smile saying, “e-extra protection would be nice… but I do also want to join your group… it sounds nice and a g-good place… for someone like me to fit in…” she told Kiyo.

• Love 1

Kiyo would have to elaborate, make sure Anna understood what she was talking about.  “This is how things work here, conflict resolution is resolved…through conflict.  If two people have an issue that can’t be resolved by by words, you go to the arena and fight it out.  Fighting to a pre-determined outcome, usually first blood, knocking your opponent unconscious or forcing them out of the ring.  Some people also just fight for competition, or even fun, though that is less common.  You can also fight for some sort prize, for example a boy like I mentioned might fight such a girl, to get her to have sex with him if she loses.  Similarly a knight could fight him and make him promise to leave her alone if she wins.  If you want to actually be a Rose Knight, it will likely take some time.  Have to learn to fight and fight well to be one of us.”  Of course she could be a semi-member, member in training, something like that, while she learned to fight.

• Love 1

Avery listened to this and frowned. It sounded dangerous and he didn’t want to see his sister in danger however, if this was the path that she wanted to take then, maybe he would just allow her to do so. He would take note of this for later as well. He would have to train as well, no way he would want to lose to anyone.

Anna nodded and uttered, “wow… that does sound… dangerous… a-and not what I had expected before… but… y-yes… I’m serious about this… I would like to join… a-and I would appreciate your training….”

• Love 1

The crowd around them had not shown much interest in the conversation.  No one had made a move yet on any of them, but it was the start of the year and with their formation, it was probably obvious new students under protection were involved.  "We will see what we can do then.  Though you will have to swear off boys if you are going to join or seek our protection."  Their membership, and the girls they protected were to be strictly lesbian.  A bi girl did not need the same sort of protection, they should welcome the attention.  The knights themselves were more likely to protect other girls more strongly if they were strictly lesbian too.  Outside of losing a duel and being compelled to have sex as a prize of the winner, there were few if any circumstances a Rose Knight would not be punished or forced out of the group if they had sex with a boy.  Even then, how acceptable it was depended on how skilled the opponent was.  The better they were the easier it was to look the other way.

• Love 1

Anna nodded at Kiyo’s words, it was an easy choice for her. She did not feel as attracted to boys as she did with other girls. She would look at her chaperone and would answer her, “y-yes, I promise. I will swear off boys. I will not fool around with any boy. The only boy I wish to be around is my brother.”

Avery listened to this and thought that this might be a good decision. Anna being involved with boys would be tricky. If she had sex with a boy, there was always the possibility of her being knocked up. With her staying away from boys and only accepting girls, it would be a lot easier on him. He would not have to worry about her so much as before, though he would still worry.

• Love 1

“Well, you are going to have to be around them some.  Between classes and other clubs, stuff like that.”  Kiyo replied, with some amusement.  Though the attitude would help her fit in a bit as a Rose Knight.  “All the more reason to learn to fight though.  For yourself and maybe to protect someone later.  When we eventually get to the arena, we can consider weapons, for both of you.”  It was an important choice to make.  While most students did not fight frequently, it was always a possibility.  It was a good idea to choose one and train early.  Especially she might become a prize in the eye of some boys.

”It is best to resolve your problems on your own.  Maybe with your teacher.  He seems like a reasonable one.”  Her voice grew quieter as she shifted into a more delicate subject.  “If you try to appeal to higher authorities, there may be a price.  There is a completion for power here at the top.  One side the Headmistress.  Other the Student Council.  If you are feeling ambitious or political, you could try to join the Council later.  But they tend to attract certain people.  You could try to go to one of them for help in something, but they would probably expect favors in return.  One way or another.”  Not necessarily sexual favors, though that was possible.  “It is best to treat them with respect if you do see them.  You will know if you do, their uniforms are similar to ours, but white.”  It was a very brief summary, but the school politics that everyone ought to know.  It varied from year to year, but it was often safer to just stay out of the Council’s eyes.

• Love 1

Anna nodded at Kiyo’s words and wondered what the arena was like, how big and what kinds of weapons they had. She hoped that she would never have to fight in the arena. She wasn’t the type who liked fighting or liked to fight but it sounded like joining these Rose Knights may sooner or later lead to her fighting either for herself or others. She didn’t mind it. She would rather fight to protect someone.

Avery also wondered just how extensive their weapons were, just how much was there to choose from? He too hoped he would not have to fight but if it came to that he would not hold back.

As Kiyo explained more about the hierarchy of the school, both siblings would nod along. Avery would frown, if he had known some of the things about this school before, maybe he would have reconsidered attending. Sex with anyone, anytime, anywhere. Arena battles with real weapons. Hierarchies with corrupt powers. He sighed to himself. It would just be best to avoid these high powers at any cost. He and her sister were both quiet loners. It might be for the best and could help them lay low, still Anna’s new club may lead to her standing out a lot more. He just hoped that everything will work out. Hopefully.

• Love 1

Kiyo went back to the weapons briefly.  “Almost any weapon you can think of is allowed.  You could even just do martial arts if you wanted.  Though I really would not recommend that.  Pretty much the only rule is no ranged weapons.  You are expected to get up close and fight.”  When they got to the arena, they would see just how much there was to choose from, both in type and style.  “You two are now getting the basic idea about the biggest differences in how we do things here.  Are there any specific questions either of you have about any of this stuff yet?”  It was probably quite a surprise, she did want to give them a chance to ask about details if they had any questions yet.

• Love 1

As they arrived at the arena, Avery would note the size of it along with the range of weapons to choose from. All of this really was serious. Getting close to the weapons, he would run his finger along one, noting the sharpness and texture. None of these were fake. 

Anna looks at the weapons a little nervously asking, “um… once we choose a weapon… we can’t change them can we…?” She asked Kiyo. That would make the choice a lot harder for her to make. Avery on the other hand had already looked through some of the options and was beginning to narrow down on which he would choose.

• Love 1

It was less that they could not, and more that they should not.  "Well, there technically isn't anything stopping you from changing weapons.  Though if you do, you should do it early on.  The best thing to do is master one weapon as well as you can.  Unless you are a natural prodigy, you can't do that if you are regularly switching weapons.  Take your time choosing, you can change it if you have to, but it is best to pick something you feel would be best from the beginning."  Practice, practice, practice.  That was best thing a new student could do.  Take time to learn.  "We can take our time while we are here, help you both pick something right for you."

Edited by SataiRolePlayingGuy
  • Love 1

Anna nodded at her and continued to look over the weapons carefully. Finally she would settle on one, a sword, more specifically a katana. She picked it up and unsheathed it to see the blade shining in the sunlight. “Whoa…. I think I’ll take this one… I feel drawn to it…”

At the same time, Avery had also picked up a weapon, a golden triton. She twirled and spun it around in his hand, getting a feel for it and even sent some jabs at the air with it. He then finally stopped and let the bottom of the handle hit the floor and gave a small nod to him. This one would do.

• Love 1

It was quiet, in the vast room, with its row upon row of weapons of various types and styles.  Just about anything you could think of, and countless obscure things you probably would not.  Kiyo nodded as the two picked their weapons.  “While we are here, let’s take a look at the audience area and from there, the ring.”  She led them past the collection of weapons, up a stairway into the audience seating area.  A wide circle with a number of rows of seats.  Looking over the arena, where two students were fighting.  Kiyo looked over the audience, a fairly small number and to one prominent chair, elevated above others, that was empty.  “Those two appear to be dueling for either practice or fun.”  Her eyes went back to the empty chair.  “If the fight had any consequences, it would be being watched.  Usually by the ‘Judge of the Duels’, a specific member of the Student Council.  Though, if the Judge is unavailable, sometimes other Council members will occasionally take the seat.”

• Love 1
  • ^ This 1

Anna and Avery followed Kiyo to the audience seating and looked down at the two people who were currently fighting. It made Avery feel a little better to know that all fights were serious ones. It was perfectly fine to just practice with someone but still, an entire arena, all the seating, a judge as well, this whole fighting element of the school just didn’t sit right with him. She hoped that he or his sister wouldn’t have to get involved in it.

Anna would smile and said, “hmmm, I see, so we can use the arena to practice anytime we want then? That’s nice. Do the Rose Knights use here to practice too?” She asks her guide.