Rebuilding From Scratch

Rin kept digging through the list, for something that seemed good for both of them.  “Maybe this?”  The cursor on the screen was sitting on the opening of a TV a fictional story of a girl like them, but written by a Magical Girl.  A story of a girl becoming a hero.  Learning to fight.  Making friends.  Rin let a version of the song with lyrics play, in case Emi had not heard it before.  Strong but cheerful, not especially fast.  The lyrics flowed well, without any especially difficult potions to follow along.  Rin nodded along as it played, a song she was already familiar with and enjoyed.

• Love 1

It was, as it turned out, a song she had heard before! She had seen it a few times playing before a show on people's television sets, but also it was one that her mother had enjoyed. Was it a good song for her? Well, it was simple enough. Not too fast. She enjoyed the lyrics too! A happy song was also nice. But it was also one meant more for a stronger voice. Not exactly what she was cut out for, but perhaps she could offer something like backup vocals? Was that a thing?

A single nod was cast towards her friend. Yes, she could try it. Rin would be taking the lead, and Emi would just do her very best! At least they could listen to it before they actually got to singing, especially without an audience to observe them.

• Love 1

“Just try to sing along with me.  I’m not exactly a pro either.”  Rin’s singing experience was limited to music classes in school, and occasionally casually singing along to random music like this.  She also had to get used to singing as a girl.

She switched the song to a non-vocal vocal version and reset it.  She stood at Emi’s side.  “Just let your body move how it wants as you sing, whatever feels natural.”  They were playing as idols of sorts.  It fit somehow, with how they were dressed and everything.  It was good to put on a show for the audience.  Nothing elaborate, but ‘dancing’ of a sort along with it was what a girl should do in occasions like this.  That was what Rin thought at least.  Though it reached the point in the song, she began singing before she could say anything else.  It took a few lines, but she quickly adjusted to getting the right tones, singing as a girl.  Not as an expert, but not weird sounding either.

• Love 1

Emi's head nodded a few times. Sing along with Rin. Follow her lead. Surely it would be fine, right? Neither of them were pros here. Nobody would be expecting that from them! Or so she hoped anyways. Perhaps that was one advantage to being someone people just didn't know about.

When the music began the bunny, still clothed in her tattered black hooded cloak, awkwardly swayed from side to side. It really wasn't the best outfit for dancing in. Without the cloak she would have a much easier time, and it wouldn't get as warm so easily, but she still wasn't used to showing off so much of herself to strangers. Nor did she really know how to dance very well in the first place, so this outfit helped to at least somewhat conceal that fact!

As the vocal parts arrived Emi initially started a little late. A dozen or so seconds of trying to awkwardly catch up led to her finally matching pace with the song! Her voice was gentle, soft, pleasant even to listen to, however it was also very quiet. Thankfully the microphone did help with this, but her words were a bit drowned out by Rin's more confident singing, and from the music playing behind them. Not that Emi minded of course, but she did know that it would be more awkward if she didn't speak up more, and so as the song went on she tried to sing a little louder!

At that point matching her tune with the music became more important. Don't sing too loudly, or too softly. Also keep her tune in line with what was needed. Breathe when it was most appropriate. Also dance! It was all quite a bit to jungle, more than she was ready for, but she tried none the less!

By the time the song was finished Emi was breathing just a hint harder and beginning to sweat slightly beneath her cloak.

Actually sweating is bad. When I remove this it's going to make some things even more see-through, isn't it? But I think the main parts should be okay. I think.

• Love 1

Rin listened to Emi as they sung.  Keeping their pace in unison, singing at a tone, she hoped an audience would hear both of them next time.  She made small movements as she went, trying to mix what felt right and what an audience might want to see.  It was a little weird, but she wanted to try to look ‘sexy’, at least a little.  Swaying her hips, other little things.  It was part of the disguise.  She wanted the fans to think she had always been a girl, to come off as natural.  She would have asked Emi for advice, but Emi only experience there in certain ways.  She had not had a life where she could give advice here.

When it was over, she set the microphone down, wrote the song on the sheet.  Then hugged Emi.  “Thank you, Emi!  I know that’s not easy for you.  But we can do it in front of an audience together.  I want to keep doing things like this with you.”  She wanted to make this as fun for Emi for Emi as possible.  Hoped to do a bunch of things together.

• Love 1

That actually wasn't so bad.

Emi's gaze turned out towards where the audience would be. Okay, they didn't really have anyone watching. That made it far easier. But maybe she could just pretend that they didn't exist once it came time for them to sing? Would that even work?

Rin's hug caused her to jump slightly as she was brought out of her thoughts. A brief, timid smile appeared across her lips, head nodding and tail wiggling happily beneath her cloak. She was glad that the hug came while the cloak was still on. Getting sweat on Rin's new outfit would have made her a little upset with herself. It also proved that wearing it would probably not be for the best in the long run.

"Okay. Um. I should put my cloak away. And my guns, I think."

Walking around with those would probably be a bit worrying for anyone in the convention, right? Besides, it's not as though she needed them while she was transformed. No, she was deceptively powerful in this form, and it didn't really enhance her bullets beyond what she did with her powers. Also it didn't really fit with the look as a whole.

• Love 1

It probably was for the best.  If the weapon was part of the transformation it would be one thing.  Emi could try to claim it was, but this was for the better.  She nodded with a smile about the cloak though.  “Yeah!  You’re a beautiful girl.  Don’t be scared to let people see.”  She took Emi’s hand and led her back the way they came.  “We can leave them in the van, if there isn’t a better place to put them.”  She thought she saw some lockers too, on their way out here.

She hoped to be quick, see if there was anything else worth trying by themselves.  It was getting closer to the time the doors would be opened to the public.  All the Girls and Knights would be gathered briefly at that point.  Make speeches, introduce new people, that sort of thing.  But they would break up to interact with the fans in various ways.

• Love 1

Poor Emi's face glowed with a bright pink at the compliment. Still, it did feel somewhat nice to receive it, even if it did embarrass her greatly. Unfortunately that was something else that she might need to grapple with. Of course Rin had seen her naked, and they had gotten very close, so perhaps it was really just her who thought that way! And maybe Alexandrine. She would be quite fine if that ended up being the case!

When they arrived at the van Emi wiggled her way out of the cloak, folded it neatly, and set it down. The twin thigh holsters were also unclicked from her legs and set beneath the top fold of the cloak. As she had expected the sweat did give her porcelain form a faint glisten, and caused the thin fabric of her leggings, which also covered her rump, to become a bit more see-through. The thicker portions of her gown thankfully did still cover her up well enough! Well, mostly well enough!

It'll dry quick. Though it's still not very thick.

In the middle of a fight it generally didn't bother her so much. Those situations forced her mind to focus on other things. More important things. But outside of a battle? Well she was very conscious about her outfit then!

This outfit is too lewd. I really wish I could change it.

With a nod to Rin she took the girl's hand once more, clinging perhaps a bit more tightly as she aimed to follow her back into the convention!

• Love 1

Rin smiled at the sight of Emi, fully revealed in transformation.  She meant everything she said about Emi’s beauty.  Taking the hand tightly, she walked her friend, ally, and teammate back into the main area.

They passed a few shopping areas with various merchandise for the various girls and Knights.  Dolls/action figures, drawings, games, costumes, pictures, books and movies, some that claimed to be based on true events, some fictional stories of real people, songs sung by the Girls, like they were going to. “…Next time they have one of these, they will selling stuff like this for us…”. Rin realized they looked the material over, stuff she had quite the collection for at home and probably would have bought more, if she was here as a fan.

• Love 1

As the two ventured along within the convention and passed the many booths filling up with various goods Emi grew increasingly less focused upon her embarrassment and instead more focused upon the various things that were being exhibited! There were so many cute and cool dolls and figures! Impressive drawings! Pretty costumes! She didn't even really consider movies or games being made, let alone comics.

I wonder who gets the profits of those. Do we get the profits? I mean it probably wouldn't just be us, right? Or maybe we don't get any?

The idea that she might have her own things made of her caused her face to redden a slight bit once more, although the wiggling of her tail also betrayed her excitement. She was starting to get some inkling of why people might do this for the purposes of fame alone! Not that she would. It was still weird to interact with others, let alone think that others might admire her in any possible way. Figurines and fanart? Maybe. She could understand. Her outfit was very revealing. But a song about her? Who would want something like that?

"I can understand why you enjoy these, I think."

It was a shame that she didn't have a home. Or an income. Stealing from these people felt wrong. They put a lot of hard work into their wares, after all! She wouldn't do that. But even if she could afford anything there wouldn't be any place to store it.

Someday. It's just more motivation I guess!

• Love 1

“Someday maybe I’ll find a way to get you into my room.  Show you my collection.”  Rin was actually unsure how money from these sales was spread around, with secret identities and all.  She assumed they did not get special bank accounts in their alias’ names.  Maybe there was an agent or middle-man of some sorts.  It was something Alexandrine could explain to them…speaking of which.

She looked through the merchandise.  A bunch of familiar faces, but she kept searching, until she found a small miniature plush of Alexandrine, of the Diamond Sorceress.

Knowing they would be selling stuff like this, she had brought some money along.  She bought it and handed it to Emi.  “Keep it, it’s yours.”  She offered it to Emi as a present.  It would not be a big deal to carry the one little thing around.

• Love 1

The little rabbit nodded excitedly. As it turned out Rin already had a collection started! She probably should have expected that. Not that there was anything wrong about that, after all Emi would have done the same had she the room and money for it. Now she was quite curious as to what sort of collection Rin had managed to accumulate.

And her room. That would be interesting!

A thought came to mind. "I guess I could disguise myself as I am now. If there was a good excuse maybe they wouldn't mind my visiting?" But then a good excuse for that would be the most difficult part of it. Something for another day.

Her head tilted slightly as Rin looked through the merchandise, however when the girl pulled out a plushy of The Diamond Sorceress the bunny's ears perked right up! A miniature Alexandrine! It was quite cute! And, apparently, now it was hers'!

Emi's face brightened pink as she accepted the plush, head lowering repeatedly in gratitude.

"Thank you!" she nearly squeaked, hugging the squishy doll against her chest. Now she really wanted a miniature Rin as well! And a miniature Ryan! A miniature of each of her friends. That would be her future collection. Then they could always be close to her!

• Love 1

She would someday get a chance for Rin at least.  A Ryan version would have to be handmade though, or custom made at least.  She did not intend to let the public know her secret identity was a boy.  As for the room, well, he could at least sneak her in some time her parents were not home.  She did not have completely pure intentions.  But she figured there would be no harm mixing a little sex in with more innocent stuff.

She led Emi around more of the area.  There was a mini-museum as well, giving a bit of information about all the established teams.  A little about who they were, but not the civilian life, except for the few who did not bother to hide their identities.

Hikaru was here, looking over them.  Transformed, in all his glory as a Knight.  He looked over the two girls, one familiar, one not.  There was no doubt who the bunny girl was of course.  “You have come to experience all of this?”  He glanced to Rin, then to a picture of Alexandrine and her old team.  It was a few years old.  Alexandrine was standing off to the side, but with a smile on her face, before the pain.  “The Diamond Sorceress is putting a new team together?  I wish you all success and happiness.”

• Love 1

A museum! I wonder. . .

Of course the first person she looked for was Alexandrine. Or, rather, The Diamond Sorceress. Interestingly enough that was also where she would locate Hikaru! She didn't initially notice who it was, but once she did the bunny's face heated up a slight bit. He apparently recognized her pretty swiftly. Last time they had spoken she had been far more modestly dressed. He had also been trying to marry her, sleep with her even.

Now? Emi was far underdressed by comparison. Parts of her white outfit hadn't completely dried. Also she had experienced the joys of sex. Hikaru was pretty handsome, even without being transformed. Also, he was larger. Probably more experienced. Her mind admittedly wandered to that sort of thing for a bit but she hoped to keep herself under control. Perhaps it would be easier with Rin around!

"Hello again" she replied softly, quietly, head lowering slightly out of respect. There wasn't any point in lying. "I have come here with my friend, and with The Diamond Sorceress. We do intend to put a team together, I think. If you wished to join you could certainly ask her."

Her gaze turned towards the picture with Alexandrine. She looked so much happier! With any luck they would help her to regain her smile. It did offer her a chance to read up more on Alexandrine, and she would take a few moments to do just that! But then she was also curious as to whether or not her mother was mentioned anywhere.

Not that she really did too much, I think. I think she was still obscure, right? She probably wouldn't be here in a little exhibit.

• Love 1

Rin silently watched, but recognized the figure.  The Knight known as the Sword of Maxim.  Supposedly from a long line of Knights.  In person, she found herself strangely impressed by him.  He looked so strong, powerful.  Apparently Alexandrine had introduced Emi to him already, though she could only guess the details.  She let the two of them do the talking for now.

Hikaru of course still hoped Emi would agree to be his bride, but he would not bring that up here, unless she did first.  He looked over her ‘true’ form, but did not stare.  He glanced at the other girl too, he could see the bond between them.  That was good, team members should be close like that.  He was amused, a little impressed by her offer.  He had a small smile as he replied.

”Now you are trying to recruit already?”  There was a reason he was not already on Alexandrine’s team, despite being in her territory.  “I may work with you from time to time.  But traditionally my family has been my families team.”  He was semi-solitary, would sometimes help others, sometimes fight on his own.

Would these two girls do what Emi had hesitated to do with him?  He was not bothered by Emi’s earlier rejection, but was a little curious.  He would probably have a few girls before the convention was over.

But if they found another girl, maybe Emi understood.  “This is an ideal place to find more members though.  Pay attention to the fans around you.  If you feel the potential in them, there are ways to verify.  Though it would be easier to test boys for the two of you.”  

• Love 1

She had tried, hadn't she? Well, sort of. There wasn't any harm in it though! No, he just seemed like a nice person. She wanted nice people to team up with! Alas, it appeared as though he already had his team. His family. Emi could understand that, head nodding a couple of times.

Well at least we may work together!

Of course he was right too. This would be a good place to recruit more people! She didn't really want to overstep her authority however. If anyone was a leader for them it would be Alexandrine. She had invited Hikaru because Alexandrine knew him, and she had met him and liked him. Anyone new? Well, they would have to pass with Alexandrine too! And Rin, of course, although she figured she probably would not have minded Hikaru.

Verify?

It took her a few moments to register what he said, and when she did her face slowly glowed a soft pink. Test through sex. She still didn't really understand it herself. Sure, Ryan had felt wonderful, but it wasn't as though she'd had sex with anyone else before him! That and, well, it was possible she wouldn't even be able to tell the difference. At least in her mind.

"R-right" Emi mumbled a bit timidly, ears flopping to the sides of her head somewhat. It wasn't as though Hikaru was going to do that, right? If his team was his family then, well, it might be weird. Maybe. Or maybe it wasn't? She really didn't know.

"What did you plan to do here?"

• Love 1

Hikaru did not have a wife currently.  It was not something she did especially often, but there was no harm in spending a little time with some of the girl fans, especially to confirm if they had the power.  This girl with Emi, was her power discovered in a similar fashion?  If so, he guessed what might have happened.  What Rin was.

“I am here, because it is best the people see I am still active, out there to protect them.  I won’t be involved in many activities though.  A few private meetings.  Telling stories here.  Maybe a few other things.”  He did a personal even, give some fans some basic sword training/practice.  He was not going to be active as the pair of girls though.

He studied Rin a little more.  Maybe those private meetings would be good for her.  “You two are young.  You should experience some of it all while you are here.”  Then a glance to Emi.  “This is a good place for you to establish yourself.  Become a real hero.  Learn there is no shame in your blood.”  She could hopefully gain some confidence.  A step to a happier life.  Her non-human biology was a complication, but he felt she could find a way to find a healthy life even with that.

• Love 1

The bunny's head nodded slowly. That was fair. It was good for the public to know that experienced knights and magical girls were still working. Also it was probably good for his career too! It sounded like he was here to have fun too though. Private meetings and telling stories. Also whatever other things meant. At least she hoped he was going to have fun! Making it only about work would have been sad.

He was right about her and Rin as well: they really should try to experience a little bit of everything! Maybe even the scarier things like singing and dancing and stuff she had no business doing. Heck he even pretty much nailed why they were here. Well, mostly. Sure, they were here to hang out, to get closer, and to just enjoy the convention. They were however also here to give Emi more exposure to everyone involved in this trade, to show them that she was not in fact an enemy.

I wonder if I might have been treated differently had I not been born with just the bunny ears and tail. Horns would have been a lot more difficult, right?

She offered the man a gentle smile, head lowering respectfully. "We will do just that. Experience this place, I mean. I hope you enjoy yourself too. Maybe the three of us will end up doing stuff together later?"

• Love 1

Perhaps they would do something.  It was hard to say.  Hikaru thought the two girls should do fan meetings on their own.  Be more interesting that way.  They probably had much to learn, especially if he had guessed right about the true nature of Emi's friend.  The two of them were likely to shine a bit and get extra attention as new girls.  Shine more without someone like him around.  "Maybe we will, but if you two want to see or do anything else, before the crowd comes in, you should move quick.  You don't have a lot of time left."  Rin nodded in response.  "It was an honor to meet you.  I hope to meet you again."  She glanced to Emi, seeing if she wanted to say anything else before last minute exploring.  Though she was not sure what else they might find.

• Love 1

Oh! He's right. It might get difficult to move around if things become crowded, right?

With another bow of her head Emi turned to Rin and nodded. She was ready to see more, to explore until they were no longer able to do so! Sure, she couldn't really buy anything herself, but looking was fun too! Although she did wonder as well how they handled new girls without managers and such.

Unless Alexandrine took care of that. I really hope she is enjoying herself here too.

• Love 1

Rin assumed it was only if they tried to get more serious about singing, or started producing some of that merchandise that they might get anything like a manager.  Of course they did their most important work on their own, behind the scenes.  Most of this they would probably either be on their own or with a little help from Alexandrine.

At this point most of the material was set up.  It was just waiting for the official opening time.  Rin led Emi through the various stands and exhibits, looking for anything else that might be interesting.  She tried to ignore the strange feeling she got, looking at Hikaru, not wanting to admit what it might have been, what it might have meant.  They passed a few other things mixing public and private aspects, including a small cafeteria where a fan or two might be able to have a lunch with them.

"Think we should try some of this stuff as a pair?  This the private meetings, pictures with fans?"  It was for the happiness of the fans.  Some this were almost on the level of one time dates.  The idea also being to let the Magical Girls and Knights have some fun, without breaking their cover.  A little break in the fighting to have some happy interactions, optionally pleasure.  Rin wondered how far she and Emi were going to go here, with who.  It was good for Emi, showing her more people could accept her.

By the time this was over, she could see the public looking at them like a pair.  Part of a larger team, but rarely apart.  There was some truth to that, maybe it would be fun to reinforce that image.  Though she did not know where it might lead them.

• Love 1

Emi took some time to browse through some of the art exhibits as they passed, including those offering comics. Surely they wouldn't be selling the lewder ones out in the open, right? But then some places did that too. Of course she was most interested in the cuter ones, but her curiosity was something to be sated too!

She nodded to Rin's questions. Trying more stuff as a pair was probably easier. Sure, maybe some things might be good for her to try alone too, might even help her to grow more confident, but it was also a bit scarier that way. Besides it was fun hanging out with Rin! It helped to further cement their friendship. Also wouldn't it be more fun for some of the fans? Hanging out with not one but two magical girls at once?

As they passed through the cafeteria Emi sniffed at the air. She wondered what sort of foods they served in these conventions. Her guess had always been something simple like pizza. Easy to mass produce. That and sodapop. Maybe chips too.

• Love 1

Rin was sure there was less…wholesome material available.  But that you had to ask specifically about it.  Sometimes drawings, or animations.  A few of the girls allowed nude pictures of themselves.  Outright pornography, involving the actual girls did not exist…probably.  It was not the sort of thing that would be officially made, but perhaps there was a little bit hidden in the darker corners of the internet.

Drawings of Emi, herself, like that.  It came with the territory.  She had seen them for other girls.  Tried not to overthink it.  She did think the food would probably simple.

“Should we look for Alexandrine?  Get ready for the crowd?”  Maybe it was time.  Mentally prepare themselves.  Next time they were out here, it would be with the crowd.  Interacting with a number of fans…eventually choosing a few to take back.  See what happened.

• Love 1

I wonder what drawings of us will look like. Sometimes people draw bigger breasts on girls. I guess it might be interesting to see?

"Yes. Good idea."

Honestly it was probably nearing that time, if not already that time. If it wasn't, well, it was probably best that they head there early regardless! They didn't want to get lost in any crowd or anything. Besides, it would give them a chance to observe those who were more experienced, to see what things were like for them!

And so, taking Rin's hand, Emi lead the way back to where she had been told they would meet up! She remembered the way!

Probably!

• Love 1

The two of them found their way back to a back stage area, behind the main stage, where they would all soon be introduced to the crowd.  The others were gradually finding their way back there.  Rin led Emi to Alexandrine, currently talking to another girl.  Another familiar face to Rin, the Rose Fairy.

Alexandrine looked and waived them over.  “This is her, why I’m here today.  The source of the stories you called me to investigate.”  The gestured to Emi.  “The other is one we found completely by chance.”

Jumi turned and offered her hand to Emi.  “The Rose Fairy, Jumi Kuromori.  Member of a team in one of the neighboring territories.  Alexandrine has told me a little about both of you.  Thanks, for giving her motivation.  She already looks much better than she did even a few days ago.”  Alexandrine was still far from her old self.  But she had improved a lot, and Jumi was grateful to the new girl for helping there, intended to invite both of them into the new world they had started to explore.

• Love 1