Sweet Treat Beach

Lollipop looked at the trio and sighed. He looked at Amon. 

Lollipop: "Amon, I apologize on behalf of Vanilla. From what I've heard, she seems to have put you through a lot since you've gotten here." As he speaks he holds out his hand over Amon and a yellow glow starts to come from it. This was healing magic. "I'll cleanse your body. This should help deal with your the effects of swallowing the salt water." 

As he heals Amon, he looks to Aurora and smiles warmly. "Don't worry. From what I've heard, Amon is fairly sturdy. But please do try to refrain from pretending to kill our staff. Unless its Vanilla." 

StaffVanilla: She swims closer to Lollipop. "Why did you come out here anyway Lolli? Surely a drowning staff member isn't cause for a deity to come out to the beach. Plus I thought Mint usually delt with safety issues."

Lollipop: "I keep telling you not to call me a deity. I'm here because I felt an abnormality in the island's magic here. The Babble enchantment is acting weird." His eye shift back to Aurora. "I think I found what I'm looking for though. Plus I think now is as good a time as any to introduce myself to Amon." 

@BladeRunner @Aura

• Like 2

"Uhhh..." Amon wasn't sure how to make of the situation, however instead of screaming at people or complaining like a little bitch, he took it in as decent tidings... If he didn't feel so damn sick. 

Letting the individuals hand hover over him Amon suddenly felt a rush of energy flow through him. The illness and the salt in his system faded as his body returned back to normal, hell, even his tiredness was replaced with new vigor and heavy breath was replaced with calm. Swimming more upright now and a good foot away from the... persons hand, Amon shrugged, "It was all good and fun... I guess." 

Amon then shot a glance at the mermaid then back to Lollipop who was stating something about a magical doohickey, "The what enchantment?" 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Staff
On 2/4/2022 at 3:13 PM, Lollipop said:

Lollipop looked at the trio and sighed. He looked at Amon. 

Lollipop: "Amon, I apologize on behalf of Vanilla. From what I've heard, she seems to have put you through a lot since you've gotten here." As he speaks he holds out his hand over Amon and a yellow glow starts to come from it. This was healing magic. "I'll cleanse your body. This should help deal with your the effects of swallowing the salt water." 

As he heals Amon, he looks to Aurora and smiles warmly. "Don't worry. From what I've heard, Amon is fairly sturdy. But please do try to refrain from pretending to kill our staff. Unless its Vanilla." 

StaffVanilla: She swims closer to Lollipop. "Why did you come out here anyway Lolli? Surely a drowning staff member isn't cause for a deity to come out to the beach. Plus I thought Mint usually delt with safety issues."

Lollipop: "I keep telling you not to call me a deity. I'm here because I felt an abnormality in the island's magic here. The Babble enchantment is acting weird." His eye shift back to Aurora. "I think I found what I'm looking for though. Plus I think now is as good a time as any to introduce myself to Amon." 

@BladeRunner @Aura

Aurora pouted slightly as she was called out for her rather reckless idea of a prank. Why so serious? It's not like she would've caused any serious damage. The only problem was Amon's own fault for trying to open his mouth! She could've helped him on her own... Besides, if what she did was enough to cause any sort of security concern, then surely they'd need better security here in the first place! She'd just wound up here after getting lost, it's not like it was hard to find her way here! If anybody can just waltz right up to this island, then surely they'd want to protect everything! But, the royal mannerisms instilled in her from birth weren't totally lost on her. She supposed she hadn't been acting very princess-like. Then again, she didn't really think Amon pranking Vanilla the way he did was much different. But that was no excuse...

She soon turned to Amon and offered a bow. "I'm sorry," she muttered somewhat under her breath. "I truly meant no harm and I hope you're okay. I will gladly make amends however necessary." Her innocence didn't allow her to recognize how vulnerable such an apology would make her. It's more a static response for angry civilians and the like, a promise to provide wealth or workers. It's normally never been anything she's had to provide before, but it had yet to really dawn on her that she didn't quite have her father to lean on at the moment.

Aurora turned back to Lollipop, as he began to explain what he was here for. "An abnormality?" She supposed that, though all of this place was strange and new to her, she would probably be considered out-of-place to those who lived here. "I-I see... well, if my presence is causing problems then I suppose I can get going as soon as I find my friend..." 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

Lollipop: "Oh no!" Lollipop panics for a moment having not meant to make Aurora feel upset. He had only wanted to make sure everything was okay and complain to Vanilla.

"No no no! There's no reason for you to leave! Please stay and enjoy yourself. The abnormality I was referring to was your ability to communicate with everyone. The Babble Enchantment allows people who speak different languages and communicate differently to converse with and understand each other seamlessly. With some beings from different worlds, and of different ways of life, not everyone uses the same form of communication. The enchantment is so seamless, that most people don't even notice it. They come to the island and never even notice no one else speaks the same language as them." He brushes some his long hair out of his face. 

"But you, Miss Aurora, it seems the enchantment didn't take hold. This happens from time to time. If you would allow it, I can manually place the enchantment on you so you'll be able to easily communicate with everyone on the island. It would help make sure all members of our staff would be able to assist you with any complications too." 

He did his best to explain the Babble Enchantment for Aurora and Amon's benefit. 

@BladeRunner @Aura

• Love 2

"I've been here for maybe a month and this is the first time I'm hearing of it." Amon admits nonchalantly, then again he should have read up on the variety of "spells" and "enchantments," then again, he wasn't magically inclined at all so in his mind it wouldn't do any good. Maybe he should change that?

But he also remained quiet, Amon was not so talkative as of right now unless directly spoken to. He took the information in and processed it for a hard minute while everyone else was talking about, this whole magic island thing was starting to become more and more confusing. At first glance he thought it was an ordinary island only to find out it was in fact a completely different world. It was isolated, that's what it had going for it. Inclining his head just a little more, Amon responded with, "So a no language barrier spell.... Great. If you three don't mind, I think I'm just gonna head to shore... Not too keen on sitting in the middle of the ocean, ya know?"

• Love 1