GM Angel's Pathfinder character discussion thread

On 06/04/2020 at 00:47, GM Angel said:

It's all good, if you can't easily come up with something we can always just bring her in and you can find out who she is as you play, I do that sometimes when the character muse won't come 😃

I'll do that. We'll figure out who she is and why she's there as we play. Insert her wherever you think the charismatic, manipulative kitsune would fit best.

1 hour ago, IsabellaRose said:

I'll do that. We'll figure out who she is and why she's there as we play. Insert her wherever you think the charismatic, manipulative kitsune would fit best.

Then I can do the same since my character is also charismatic and manipulative, or at least he thinks he is 🙂

I was thinking about this and I think my character can be lured to pretty much  by the promise of magical power.

Nephthys, Keeper of the Blessed Scrolls                 

Blessed elven scholar from Osirion                                     

large.Nephthys.jpg.262c653515a72949997420cf51152271.jpg

Background: 

Pharao Khemet I slaughtered an group of elven travellers, who had made it to his lands.

Pharao followed an prophesy, which was taking him closer to the gods, and it clearly stated, that he needed to bath in the blood of the first born, rip the life from their corpse and with their sacrifice, godhood was granted. Pharao managed to accend to godhood after his mortal life ended, and the life he had ripped from the womb was Nepthys. Elven child.

Pharao made sute nothing happened to the child elf, and made the priests guard her, as he did not know if she was needed to life for the prophecy. So she lived. Son of Khemet I toke the mantle, and he too, cherished the young elven child, as his father had done, and now, the fifth pharao, Khemet III in Nephthys lifetime, uses the elven slave magus to do his bidding, as her magical gifts are unparalled.

Aspesius II, unsurpper before Khement III toke the throne again, did not achieve the godhood, as he did something wrong, and most scholars think it has something to do with caring the elven magus. Aspesius II kept her as pleasure slave and made everyone know how much he despiced her. When Khemet III managed to throw the unsurper off, she was freed from chains, but Khemet kept her as concubine aswell as master sage.

Now Nephthys travels around the Golarion, to do tasks that help her owner to accend to godhood, like so many before him. She is accompanied with an host, granted by the Pharao Khemet III to keep her safe in the foreign lands. Honor guard consist of Dwaleian the Devout, The Silent Watcher and six Silent Guards. With them travels an Brazen Comppany with their Sergeant Jewian, Anointed Priest  Arwelac and Scribe  Heisac. Comppany itself is 30 light infantryman strong. 

Dwaleian, The Devouted, Osirion knight guardian in fullplate armor

large.821317259_TheDevout.png.5718ae062e767585086be8cb076cad10.png

The Silent Watcher and the Silent Guard (6 members) Elite Osirian soldiers in full plate armors

large.1022129947_SilentWatcher.jpg.969b44b48c73b8e05964caf55bc3c03e.jpglarge.1986466136_TheSilentGuard(6).jpg.02a8ebedae0f63ea99ac98287f2a0e74.jpg

Edited by MIroque
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, PsychoSexual said:

I just realized that the Lore skill requires me to be specific about what Lore I have.

I was thinking Lore (Ancient Civilizations) doubt thats going to turn up anytime soon but I should be specific about it.

Actually a lot of this game has stuff relating to ancient civilizations, so feel free. Both the base Rise of the Runelords campaign, which I use as a kind of background and stuff happening base, and the 'proper' adventure I'm gonna tell.

4 minutes ago, PsychoSexual said:

@MIroque

Are you happy to play any of the six characters or she meant to be the leader of all six?

Nephthys, Keeper of the Blessed Scrolls     is the leader of the 8 (The devout, being her cohort, Silent watcher and the six silent guards being elite soldiers) and then there is host of others (from leadership feat) following the blessed magus. She's clearly Osirian, but as Osirians are 99% humans, and she's an elf.. there might be some story behind it .)

We worked it out with @GM Angel and she's playing the NPCs

Edited by MIroque

The good things is that Darius has no biases against anyone or anything in particular, he is equally contemptuous of anyone that isn't himself. That's an exaggeration but I think you get the drift.

As for being my meatshields, these things have a way of happening around me, no one ever took a hit or death for my character willingly...

Edited by PsychoSexual

My thought on "traps" is = IRON GOLEM. Its makes traps reductant.. there is only 1 type of trap that could harm it... (pit trap). Iron Golem is one of the sickest multi-tools in DnD. Near immunity to damage (DR15/adamantine), immune to anything magical... actually healed by bonfires... (and best healing potion option ever... dose oneself in napalm and torch away... causes panic on enemies and heals..)

If anything, this group needs divine aspect, to keep moral compass on some direction. (truely depending on pantheon/god but direction is direction)

Rogue might be multitool we need in social/skill wide thou.... but not as trap dis-solvant... we got Iron Golem for that... as well as tank aspect.. 

Edited by MIroque
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, MIroque said:

If anything, this group needs divine aspect, to keep moral compass on some direction. (truely depending on pantheon/god but direction is direction)

So moral compass and access to divine spells, maybe throw some occasional healing to everyone else but the golem?

57 minutes ago, MIroque said:

My thought on "traps" is = IRON GOLEM. Its makes traps reductant.. there is only 1 type of trap that could harm it... (pit trap). Iron Golem is one of the sickest multi-tools in DnD. Near immunity to damage (DR15/adamantine), immune to anything magical... actually healed by bonfires... (and best healing potion option ever... dose oneself in napalm and torch away... causes panic on enemies and heals..)

Rogue might be multitool we need in social/skill wide thou.... but not as trap dis-solvant... we got Iron Golem for that... as well as tank aspect.. 

Its a good point about the Iron Golem, but I thought the Quivering Thoughts was going to play a cleric, but maybe I am wrong about that.

I have updated my character sheet again... Someone pointed out that I had Use Magic Device which I completely forgotten you can't just put ranks into at will.

That let me to find I had made many other mistakes.

I re-did the levels from scratch, this shouldn't affect anything I have yet to do a skill check but I thought I should point it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DozleZabie2 said:

im great in tank rolls and im a iron golem i hope thats not a bad thing 

I took a look at the Iron Golem, interestingly we have same HP and AC though of course you are almost completely immune to magic, and while I can use it.

But I do like it interesting the similarities, specially damage wise.