Hallway.

JennyDK

It being a completely new day after the previous exhausting one, the human boy known as Hiroshigae Saeki, otherwise known as Hiro, would exit his room to take a stroll around the academy grounds and write some things down in his little notebook. Today was a free day, luckily. Walking down the hallway, he would notice somebody he hasn't seen before in the past month of living here. It looked like a humanoid nine-tailed fox, a creature he definitely has seen on TV, but not in real life. @Seraphina He's not the one to begin conversations at all, but this time he decides to finally muster up his courage. He quickly writes down some things in his notepad at an unusually fast speed, pushing up his glasses with a finger as he approaches the girl. "U-Uhm... I haven't seen you around... Are you new?" He asks as he stutters a little bit, nervously, putting on a slight smile whilst looking up at the youkai. The stuttering could definitely be worse, but it surprisingly isn't. The first thing the girl could notice is how the presumably human boy is having a hard time trying to keep eye contact with her, but overtime that will change.

Edited by Godot
  • Like 1
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JennyDK

• Godot

• OlrukTheSmall

• Icarian Dreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keya didn't quite understand what she meant by her question, so he just slightly tilted his head at that. He looked at her as she failed to open the door of the working washing machine, still smiling

GM: DISREGARD PREVIOUS SCENE COMPLETELY.

The person she spotted also had a tail. A very large, green scaled tail, waving around idly. This person was taller than her and looked rather feminine from both front and back. They were wearing ragg

Tamamo woke up inside her room the next day, remembering she wasn't at home anymore. It felt strange but it was something to adapt to now that she was here. Unsure of what time it was, she left her comfortable bed, adjusted her clothes that she'd have to clean later then left her room. First thing she did was giving her body a good stretch, her tails following the movement before her body relaxed all at once. A voice made her ears twitch before she could decide what she would be doing, making her look toward the human who was definitely talking to her and nobody else. Tamamo's eyes watched him carefully before she nodded. "Yeah, I think I arrived yesterday. I don't know how long I've slept...", she said, still waking up from her rest that lasted no longer than 10 or so hours. The fox girl finally turned to him, raising an eyebrow as she looked at him better. He looked like a human to her but was he really just a human? For a youkai or at least for her, it was interesting to see him be so nervous around her, making her smirk slightly. "I don't bite humans or anyone... Even though I'm starting to be hungry.", she teased, wondering if he was nervous or afraid of her even though she didn't look very threatening like this, with her small frame.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Love 1

He definitely looked like a human. He was wearing his usual set of clothes, those being a white button-up shirt, a black tie, black jeans and sneakers. It looked almost similar to the academy's own attire. Oh, and he also had glasses, gray eyes and gray hair. A little bit messy, but it's nothing to cry about. He carefully listens to her words, his pupils becoming slightly smaller than usual at her second sentence, probably after realizing the context. Her teasing definitely worked, because he took a step back. Two steps back. Three steps back... Four... He'd stop at his fourth step back, letting out a nervous chuckle, then speaking afterwards right away, now a reasonable distance being between the youkai and the human boy. "If you're hungry, you can a-always head to the dining hall!" He says so as he raises his notebook to cover his mouth with it, seeming to be just a little afraid. No matter the stature of any monster, he needs to be aware of his surroundings. He already learned that even small can be deadly. A cold sweat ran down his forehead, but he tried to seem nice, lowering the notebook. He's not exactly cowering in fear, he's just being overly cautious. Not wanting to really end the conversation there, he would try to make himself seem nice by continuing the chatter. "My name is Hiroshige, but Hiro is enough. I'm a first year s-student. Nice to m-meet you!" He gulps once, intently watching her as she reacts to him further.

• Like 1
Seraphina

Compared to him, Tamamo probably was dressed oddly to him wearing her purple kyuubi kimono and her white thighhighs made specially for her. Hardly noticeable paw marks decorated the padded soles, probably meant as part of her dress while her long blonde hair was decorated with an unusual ribbon. When he started stepping back, her green eyes watched him while she folded her arms and tilted her head to the side slightly. She didn't think a simple tease would have this much effect on a human but while she enjoyed the reaction, Tamamo moved closer to him again, slowly. "The dining hall...? This is where we eat, right? I really like the sound of that.", she spoke with a smile, thinking about food as her belly grumbled with subtlety. She observed him calmly until he finally mentioned his name and something familiar she heard before. "Oh, first year student? This is what the headmaster called me, too. Hiro, you say? I'm Tamamo No Mae but you can call me Tamamo. Maybe you can show me where we find the dining hall?", she asked but watched, keeping her distance for now, wondering if he was hungry himself or even willing to show her, with how he was right now.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1

To him, Tamamo did have an interesting choice of outfits, but he never really questions that. There are some monsters out there who have literally no clothes on them, so there is nothing he could say about that, really. He did notice her stepping closer, but this time around he didn't step back, he simply tried to endure the nervousness. What's the worst that can happen to him, right? Another cold sweat runs down his forehead as he tries to smile properly, since before it was all weird and forced. "Ta...ma...mo? Nice n-name!" He spells her name just fine, deciding to compliment her for the sake of getting on her good side. "Yeah, I c-can show you to the dining hall. W-We can totally get going a-already!" He takes about four steps to the side whilst keeping his eye on Tamamo, simply going around her while trying to keep up that distance between them. He's already up front and walking, but in case she isn't walking with him, he would stop to look at her and wait. Once she does, however, he'd resume the pace. He turns around and walks backwards without a problem whilst looking at the youkai. It's a miracle he's not tripping. "S-So are you like... a Kyubi? Humanoid nine-tailed fox? It's the first time I'm s-seeing one in person..." He informs her, nervously snickering as he raises a hand to rub the nape of his own neck. He seems to be informed of her kind, at least visually and name-wise. At least, he hopes that he guessed right, anyway.

OOC: The Dining Hall thread is currently occupied, so to not disturb anyone, we can simply remain on this thread. Just thought I'd mention!

Edited by Godot
  • Like 1
Seraphina

Tamamo didn't approach closer than she had to, only keeping an eye on him while she waited for an answer. It was hard not to notice how nervous he was but she didn't want to tease him more on the subject. With him pronouncing the syllables of her name, she smiled and looked even glad when he accepted to take her to where she can feed her demanding belly. Watching him turn around her, she waited that he was ahead before she finally followed. When she was asked about her kind, Tamamo looked like she was thinking before she answered. "I think so... I was born in the forest and dressed in these clothes made for me. The foxes of the forest said it was the kimono of Kyuubi and to keep it, I had to become stronger.", she explained not without a smile to her face. Something bothered her, though. "Are you really a human...? I thought this place only allowed monsters to be here...", she wondered curiously but perhaps she was wrong. Still, she couldn't help looking suspiciously at this presumed human who was so nervous around her.

Edited by Seraphina

Hiro makes sure to listen to anything that Tamamo says, he even mustered up the courage to properly walk next to her instead of just walking backwards, simply because he would like to see where he's going. He even opened up his notebook to start writing down some things on a brand new page, but he'd quickly pocket it afterwards along with his pen, hoping that no questions will be asked on why he really has a notebook. His attention is now fully on Tamamo, whilst also making sure to look at where he's going. "Become stronger, I see, I see..." He murmurs to himself in response to her monologue. Nervously, he'd raise a brow at her question, but he doesn't mind responding to it. He nods a couple of times before speaking. "Yeah, I'm a human. I was transferred here from some place else. Humans are allowed in this academy too, because they are able to learn magic, but... Me? I'm just here because humans have to go to a school or an academy at my age, no m-matter what." He explains while shrugging with his shoulders at his last sentence, pocketing his hands in his jeans as he continued to walk beside her, whilst also leading her slowly to the dining hall which actually isn't quite close from there, so they have the time to chat. Looking off to the side, he is quite curious about something. About Tamamo, in particular. "Uhmm... You keep saying you 'think so'... You seem unsure about yourself and your arrival... Why's that?" At his question directed to her, he turns his gaze back at her, tilting his head a bit. Humans tend to work in mysterious ways. This one in particular definitely does so, because he doesn't look as nervous anymore. Just a little chat, and he seems much more relaxed than when they first seen each other literally moments ago. Still a bit cautious, though.

• Like 1
Seraphina

Tamamo watched him get closer but didn't pay much attention to it nor really minded it. After hearing the answer she wanted, she actually didn't really question it anymore. Humans were not surprising to see and she didn't know who really was allowed to this academy but now she knew one of them was a human and not a monster.  Learning about them from closer probably would be easier than if they weren't anywhere close enough to get a good look at them. She still had to figure out all the ways of becoming stronger that she was explained before but there was no need to think about it right away. The question she received next seemed to trouble her a little and it was not because she didn't really know about herself but more because it was a little embarrassing, presuming he meant about when they first met. "I... I don't know how long I slept. This new place is still confusing, too. In the forest, there is not much to do so I sleep a lot.", she explained, hoping this wouldn't be what she is remembered for. She could not really explain the way she was raised even if she wanted to since there wasn't much to say. Or perhaps she was simply keeping some secrets for now.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1

Hiro curiously listened to her reply once again, but it didn't seem like it satisfied him as much as he expected it to. He concluded in his mind that this youkai is playful and teasing, yet she's quite confusing when it comes to everything else. Keeping secrets is a logical conclusion as well, but he decides not to think about it too much, for now. It shouldn't concern him, because it's not any of his business. Not having any comments about her first remark, her second one caught his ears again. Narrowing his brows for a moment, he continued to smile. "Oh, believe me, there is much to do here. Since you're new here, things can get really confusing, but trust me, I think you will get used to it quickly. Lucky for you, today is a free day so there are no classes. If you want, I can show you where everything is in just under an hour, starting with the dining hall. How does that sound?" He asks, awaiting an answer, adding something at the end there. "Maybe we're even going to be in the same class as well. Who knows?" He shrugs, not seeming to have any problems if that were the case.

• Like 1

Tamamo simply smirked when she wasn't questioned about it anymore. She did not really want to talk much about her origins even though she might have revealed a few true or not details about it. She was not the kind to sleep for days so her own confusion about the time was merely due to being in a new place for the first time. For now, being told about having a lot to do made her wonder what exactly she would have to do but she guessed she would see in due time. A free day sounded nice and what she needed right now was food. "As long as we can eat first or I will have to resort to feed on something else to satisfy my tummy...", she teased again, simply for her amusement. The hunger was starting to get to her after all this time but she still gave no hints that she would try to take a bite of Hiro. His last words made her think and wonder about how classes worked and it sounded like they would be in group. "Same classes, huh...? I see...", Tamamo said calmly, looking a little uneasy about it but shook her head. "It will be alright. I have nothing to fear.", she said smiling again, trying to reassure herself.

• Like 1

Hiro nervously chuckled at her first response. "Don't you worry, the dining hall has plenty of things to satisfy your tummy. A bit of patience and we will be there in no time." He says so, but just in case he took a very small step away from her as he continued to lead her through the dorm building's main hallway. There was a few second silence after that, but Hiro decided to speak again. He doesn't like the unnerving silence. It makes things awkward. "If you have any questions about the academy or humans, I will try my best to answer them. I'm not the best source. Nowhere near it, but... I'll try!" He smiles at her in return, patiently awaiting her answer to his offer. In the meantime, they're forced to take a left turn on the hallway, which they do, with Hiro keeping up the lead. He sure hopes that he's not going to be a bad guide to Tamamo.

• Like 1
Seraphina

Hearing the good news about the dining hall made her ears actually perk up with excitement. With such thing to look forward to, she could be patient for sure. Tamamo was so excited she didn't notice him step back, rather thinking about food for a moment while she was also observing the surrounding cautiously. Him talking again broke her distraction to make her look at him. "I've been told to ask if I had questions and I did not expect this place to be so big...", she commented before giving herself a second to think. Clearly, she had troubles knowing where to even begin with them and it looked evident she at least had one or more. "How do you find yourself in this place? I never visited the city before so this new to me. Humans live in the cities while us kitsunes live in the forest.", she asked and explained, wondering how anyone actually lived in the cities or at least this academy that was as big as a city to her. Her eyes watched Hiro, hoping to hear a satisfying answer or explanation. For now, she felt like she was a little out of her world.

Edited by Seraphina
  • Like 1
Godot

Hiro kindly hears out her question to him, almost immediately replying after she finished speaking. "This place is really nice, in my opinion. I can understand how you feel, since it's your first time in the academy and in the city. I would be nervous too. Like I said, I was much more nervous when I first came here. I don't think you would've been able to even speak to me, if you want me to be honest." He lets out a chuckle at his own words, beginning to enjoy this chatter with Tamamo, even if it's about simply getting accustomed to the life among humans and other monsters of all kinds. "You will grow to like-.. no. You will grow to love the city and the academy in a short amount of time. I am sure of that. As long as you make a lot of friends and then you just know there's people you can trust, it's the best experience ever." He looks at her after saying all of that with a genuine tone in his voice, smiling at her, being rather hopeful and confident all of a sudden.