Favorite fantasy race?

2 hours ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

Mind flayers.

You know, this reminds me, I once came up with a concept for good-aligned mind flayer that i would love to incorporate in a (probably non-smutty) rp at some point.

Basically, the only reason mind flayers are so evil and callous is because they fundamentaly see everything as beneath them and value their connection to their elder brain above all else (and their position in their own society closely after that). But if the elder brain connects and in a way control them all (serve as the psychological foundation of its ca, anyway(, then what if an elder Brain was good? So I thought that it would be interesting if in a mind flayer colony's history, an adventurer had sneaked into their city and found their relatively nascent and immature elder brain. The colony could have been up to something nefarious that the adventurer wanted to stop but had no power to interrupt themselves, so they ended up throwing themselves into the brain's pit and feeding themselves to it. when the elder brain absorbed their memories and identity, the adventurer's astoundingly good natured and self sacrificing sense of morality got imprinted on the brain, suddenly spreading the concept of empathy, guilt, and morality throuh the entire colony.

These mind flayer eventually came to be known as the 'weepers' because their sudden discovery of empathy, paired with their incredible mental acumen, resulted in them being overcome with overwhelming sadness for all the beautiful, living things of the world who had to suffer though the trials and tribulation of a finite life (their view of mind flayer society as inherently superior did not entirely change, but rather mutated into a deep regret that other races could not achieve immortality through a connection to their elder brain the way their species could), and would frequently burst into tears either over the sadness of encountering other races, or the tragic beauty of those races being able to find happines even in their (perceived) miserable existences lol.

I also got the idea that these weepers could be fairly easily distinguished from regular ilithid at a glance because they spend mot of their time out of the underdark, causing their flesh to take on a distinct pinkish or even reddish hue as their kin i forced to endure and adapt to the sun's rays.

1 minute ago, Buio said:

You know, this reminds me, I once came up with a concept for god-aligned mind flayer that i would love to incorporate in a (probably non-smutty) rp at some point.

Basically, the only reason mind flayers are so evil and callou is because they fundamentaly see everything as beneath them and value their connection to their elder brain above all else (and their position in their own society closely after that). But if the elder brain connects and in a way control them all (serve as the psychological foundation of its ca, anyway(, then what if an elder Brain was good? So I thought that it would be interesting if in a mind flayer colony's history, an adventurer had sneaked into their city and found their relatively nascent and immature elder brain. The colony could have been up to something nefarious that the adventurer wanted to stop but had no power to interupt themselves, so they ended up throwing themselves into the brain's pit and feeding themselves to it. when the elder brain absorbed their memories and identity, the adventurer's atoundingly good natured and self sacrificing sense of morality got imprinted on the brain, suddenly spreading the concept of empathy, guilt, and morality throuh the entire colony.

These mind flayer eventually came to be known as the 'weepers' because their udden discovery of empathy, paired with their incredible mental accumen, resulted in them being overcome with overwhelming sadnes for all the beautiful, living things of the world who had to suffer though the trials and tribulation of a finite life (their view of mind flayer society as inherently superior did not entirely change, but rather mutated into a deep regret that other races could not achieve immortality through a connection to their elder brain the way their species could), and woudl frequently burst into tears either over the sadness of encountering other races, or the tragic beauty of those races being able to find happines even in their (perceived) miserable existences lol.

I also got the idea that these weepers could be fairly easily distinguished from regular ilithid at a glance because they spend mot of their time out of the underdark, causing their flesh to take on a distinct pinkish or even reddish hue as their kin i forced to endure and adapt to the sun's rays.

That'd be cool as fuck! You mind if I tell my DM about that? He might want to use that idea.

For lewd stuff, I'm all about tentacles in any form...as long as they're being used on a girl, at least. Bonus points if vore is involved.

I too have to shout out for slime girls, though I've still never RPed with one. I'm sure I could, but I keep forgetting to mention it to my partners. And yeah, also very partial to angels, demons, and goddesses. When paired with a mere mortal, the power/status imbalance is delicious.

In general terms, well...I've always been really partial to giant sand worms!

3 minutes ago, Alexander Bodide said:

For lewd stuff, I'm all about tentacles in any form...as long as they're being used on a girl, at least. Bonus points if vore is involved.

I too have to shout out for slime girls, though I've still never RPed with one. I'm sure I could, but I keep forgetting to mention it to my partners. And yeah, also very partial to angels, demons, and goddesses. When paired with a mere mortal, the power/status imbalance is delicious.

In general terms, well...I've always been really partial to giant sand worms!

S++ taste on all accounts. Vore is my SHIT.

12 minutes ago, Alexander Bodide said:

So despite my liking of sand worms, I've never consumed Dune in any form. Probably should...

You should. The first three books are classics with good reason.

The grognard old-skulls will want to have my Science Fiction Fan Club Card and will try (again) to confiscate my 1st Edition AD&D books for saying it, but The Kyle McLaughlin/David Lynch film isn't awful. 

It isn't great, but it's a not bad primer. I would suggest the books, but for a good gloss of what it's about, the Lynch film is not as awful as the old skulls say. There are some things Lynch shit all over (even though no one who cared about the source material was into that) but as an overview I don't hate it nearly as much as I'm expected to.

3 minutes ago, WritesNaughtyStories said:

You should. The first three books are classics with good reason.

The grognard old-skulls will want to have my Science Fiction Fan Club Card and will try (again) to confiscate my 1st Edition AD&D books for saying it, but The Kyle McLaughlin/David Lynch film isn't awful. 

It isn't great, but it's a not bad primer. I would suggest the books, but for a good gloss of what it's about, the Lynch film is not as awful as the old skulls say. There are some things Lynch shit all over (even though no one who cared about the source material was into that) but as an overview I don't hate it nearly as much as I'm expected to.

I am a huge Twin Peaks fan, so that might actually be a pretty easy pill for me to swallow.

• 4 months later...

The Harvin Race. Definitely Harvin. Why? Check the spoiler and my avatar.

Spoiler

alistair_5.pngarulumaya_a.pngbalurga_a.pngbridgette_b.png3040010000_03full.pngdrusilla_a.pngelmelaura_a.pngleonora_a.png3040066000_01_full.pngludmila_a.pnglunalu_ssr_a.pngmarquiares_a.pngmelissabelle_a.pngmilleore_a.pngmimlemel_a.pngnorcel_a.pngphilosoph_2.pngrei_6.pngrobertina_a.pngsahlilao_a.pngsevilbarra_a.pngskull_event_a.pngsuframare_a.pngulamnuran_a.pnggranblue_vermeil_sr.pngyodarha_ssr_a.pngzahlhamelina.png

Small cute, yet badass too here and there. No matter how you look at it, it does take some serious skill to survive in a world where almost everything is bigger than you. And I REALLY BADLY wanna pinch some of their cheeks.

Well, tieflings/demonlings always had a place in my heart. With the fact that they can look as similar or as different than humans, it makes for great diversity. Not to mention... the horns ❤️

Spoiler

But honestly, I enjoy most half-races, interestingly enough. Half-elves, half-orcs, aasimar... Just variations on your typical humans.

Archived