Why do you write?

About half a year ago, I lost my muse almost completely. This wasn't because I was out of ideas, but I simply couldn't put my thoughts into proper posts. So I tried thinking of multiple approaches to fix this, which means watch anime, read some old posts, browse the ideas of others, and even a philosophical approach which ended up being the solution.

Why do I write? Because I like people... so long as I'm not getting crowded. Buy yeah. 
There are some really charming people out there in the world, people I have interests in common, who are scattered across the globe, and people whom I cherish for spending their time writing out my silly little ideas. Heck, even the people I don't write with, and just chat, are nice. The whole community (with very few exceptions) has been good to me over the years. I realized that I don't write just for myself, but for those who think I am interesting in one way or another. Having reignited my cheesy feeling passion, I went out to write again and bring both lewd and epic stories to those in need of them. All I asked for in return since realizing that is their time, so we could create some wonderful memories together. 

But what about you? Why do you write?

I write to earn validation from random strangers on the Internet. So basically, I do it for the applause.

Applause, applause.
Write for the applause, plause
Write for the applause, plause
Write for the, way that they cheer and scream for me.

I suppose a better way of putting it is writing satisfies my need to entertain people. That and I find it fun to forge stories with other people which is probably I RP than I write fanfiction.

(I'm still up for an RP, LuNo. Write with me! WRITE WITH MEEEEHH!)

I write because I like doing things with people, and I like making worlds and just....Writing. There was a bit, years back, where I cut off all writing, mostly due to mainly doing lewd stuff and a weird phase I was going through, and I just steadily got more and more irritable without it 'til I went back to roleplaying and writing and, oh friggin' look, mood improved, and everything was great.

Of course, doing it alone is awful. Never seems to go right for me....But writing with people? Roleplaying especially, but I've even had the opportunity for some full on hardcore worldbuilding goodness lately....Well, it's just the best, doing it with somebody makes it better, doing it with someone I like is even better. Nnnnnnnot that I really tolerate people I don't like, of course! But making something with someone, where I don't know what all will happen, and all that...It's just grand. It's fun. and...yeah.

In short, I write because I basically need to, I write because I like making things and weaving words into people and worlds, and I write because I like doing things with people. Making friends and having a good time and all that.

I write for two reasons. The first is to simply enjoy world building, character creation and development. There's something exciting about exploring someone's thoughts while collaborating in a story.

Secondly, I enjoy the sexy and depraved side of someone's mind. There's fun in knowing how some react to a sexy plot, how more they add or improve on it.

Its really a good way to connect with people and share a good experience.

Admittedly, I'm more drawn to smutty stories right now because I spent too much time neglecting that by focusing on epic tales.

I usually write because I enjoy building characters, worlds, and building a story. I also like making possible friends along the way, even though I am shy and awkward at times. 

I have rped on and off for around 14 years because my muse is a fickle cow. Sometimes irl stuff kills it and I get really bad writers block. I guess that is why I am a bit hesitant at writing on here at the moment. I mean I joined a couple of groups... but I am a little nervous of if I can keep up or not. Plus I am used to lots of pressure from another site... soooo yeah. ^^;;

I try to write, because I have plenty of characters and plots dancing around in my head, and I want to see how they would play out when placed on paper. Or show up digitally when translated into ones and zeroes.

Unfortunately, if I write stories all on my own, I quickly get stumped on what should happen next, so roleplaying is essentially a necessity for me XD.

I've never been able to pin down a concise answer to why I do this, but I have some theories.

I love the English language and this is a great way to put it to use. But I can only maintain interest if I'm writing about smut...I don't know, it's an interesting part of the human experience to explore, and it of course innately feels good to imagine that kind of thing, and I guess for that reason makes a good anchor to center a story on that can hold my interest as I write it.

Another thing is I'm just chock-full of dirty fantasies and it's a good outlet for them. But I don't think I would enjoy writing smut solo. For me most of the fun comes from seeing the lewd sides of others, and seeing how my lewdness bounces off of various other people's. I'm the type that craves variety, so...I'm always looking forward to seeing how different pieces can come together in new ways with different people. In other words, collaboration is a joy, and it's especially fun when the topic is something we normally don't discuss with people.

The best is when I can find a partner who's just as excited about certain things as I am, although it's rare for me to find such a perfect match. The excitement becomes electric when it's mutual.

Finally, I'm sure we can all relate to the anticipation of waiting for a reply and genuinely not knowing in full how exactly the story will play out.

• 1 year later...

Solo... to occupy my mind... something to do. To build myself up to 🥜. Not even joking... I have fucking notebooks full and folders across various PC's of smut I've written cuz I can't just look at a pic or vid and get it done MOST the time, I got to conjure a story with it. Just usually the fantasy that goes on in your head, but for some reason I need to write it down. It's kind of funny how many 'alternate' backstories I have for game chars, etc. Sometimes I'll even be rolling with an interesting plot for days/weeks/months and just can't wait to get home to start writing again.

With others... it's fun? Comforting to know there are those with similar perverted interests, or at least willing to go along with it. Creating a story... even if it is smut... with someone is interesting. People bonding and stuff. The anonymity of the internet making it easier to share and enjoy things with other people that you likely would be too embarrassed or ashamed to IRL. Don't think I've ever, or would be ever able to tell someone in person that I have a major incest kink without them automatically assuming I want to fuck my RL sister or something whereas I assume most people on RP sites, etc, understand it's a fantasy thing, typically involving fictional chars, not real people and myself. Also the same with the dark shit. You'd think people would assume I'm some kind of psychotic sadist who needs to be locked up, but quite the opposite, really. Although since high school and about every job I've had, there's always someone who thinks I'm going to show up and start shooting, or something... but that's just cuz I have resting murder face, I guess.

Though having a hard time finding/maintaining partners lately mostly due to work and a short, short attention span/memory. Lot of the time seeming like I dip out on someone, when I just literally got distracted by something else, sometimes for MONTHS before I'm like "oh yeah.... shit!" and by then it's typically DOA. Dead on arrival, not... the titty game. My anxiety and awkward nature showing through lately online as well... making it more difficult for me to reach out to others and correctly communicate my desire to RP and what I'm looking for in one. BUT OH WELL I GUESS. These things happen.

Archived