The thread for all your non-realistic sports needs

With the newly released Mario Golf game, it's always time to remember how much better the old games were! But seriously I thought a thread on Non-Realistic Sports Games could be fun! So from Mario Golf to Knock out city feel free to discuss! Whether to bitch about them, or just active discussion about rocket league! 

But please put your hot takes about Super Rush down below! I NEED THEM

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/06/2021 at 20:12, AmaruSylveon said:

But please put your hot takes about Super Rush down below! I NEED THEM

It's not Toadstool Tour.  That's all the reason you need.

...Ok, in all seriousness, I'm being serious about that part.  I'm not trying to let my nostalgia blind me, but Toadstool Tour honestly looks like a much better game than Super Rush, and not because the game was actually finished when it was released and won't get updates because Nintendo has entered that bad habit zone of releasing blatantly unfinished games (Kirby Star Allies, Mario Tennis Aces, the fact that Super Mario Party got actual online content after several years, Sword and Shield).  Every character had different animations for different scores that felt fun and in character.  Super Rush, however, you got one for anything that's not below par and then bogey and worse...that's it.  Even the award ceremony just feels bland because they use these simple, dull animations.

The less I say about the running towards your ball mechanic, the better.  Feels like mindless padding when every other Mario Golf felt faster by just sending you to the ball.  Also, Toadstool Tour may have had less courses, but it had more overall content.  It didn't even need a story mode to be good, and from what I hear, Super Rushed's story mode is...well, not very good.

Keep in mind I don't own the game.  I'm getting the Ace Attorney games when they come out later this month, and I'm willing to bet I'll have a far more fun experience playing those than I'd have playing Super Rush.  I'm not saying the game is bad, but it could've been much better.

Archived