Middle class district

Gurel Grelys hadn't yet explored all of Karthel. He'd decided to go see what the middle class's district was like. He took in the sights and sounds and tried to avoid standing out. He at times had to make a quick escape due to his line of work, so knowing the town well could prove helpful, he figured. He wasn't planning on getting into any sort of trouble in the near future, though.

He'd eventually walked into a dead end and looked around in the alley for a bit, wondering if he should backtrack. He decided against it and instead used his telekinesis to grab himself and pulled himself up, effectively levitating himself until he'd heaved himself to a nearby building's roof. He smiled about it and balanced along the roof and made his way to a corner on the roof and looked around seeing if he could spot any kinds of interesting shops or taverns to visit.

He eventually made his way along the rooftop to a quiet-seeming bar and turned himself briefly immaterial and dropped through the roof to a corner in the bar and became physical again when no one was looking. He then moved his way over to whoever was working behind the counter that day.

The tavern, even though it is around midday, is still half way full. Various races spend their time in here, enjoying drink and chatting among themselves. Other spend time playing cards and so on. The mood in "The Silver Axe" is loose, joyous and festive in a light sort of way. There is even a few musicians playing on a small stage to one side of the room. A fairly large group of people are standing at the bar counter where a large and bulky orc is standing and chatting happily whilst handing out more drinks to patrons. They seem rather interested as he speaks tales of old from his ancestors in his old tribe.

Bar music playing:

Spoiler

Gurel listened to the music while just leaning to a nearby wall and studied the various races. He tried to estimate how rare humans were in these parts. He eventually checked how much money. he had in his pocket. Deciding he had enough, he headed over to the counter, waiting for his turn to order something and asked for the sweetest and fruitiest drink they had and gave the bulky orc an amicable smile. "Forgive my ignorance, are there still lots of orcish tribes around near these parts?" he asked the orc. He wondered what it was like living in a tribe. Seemed a bit cozy.

He checked out what kind of a card game was being played by some of the patrons while giving the orc some time with his order and the story.

After a few minutes the crowd finally parts way, leaving the counter nearly fully free once more as the story from the orc bartender ends and the cheers and clanks their mugs together, laughing. Then the customers leave to take up booth and chairs various places in the tavern. Soon enough, Gurel has the chance to converse with the orc."Oh hello there stranger and welcome to my humble place. You wish to know about orcish tribes, huh? Well, I can't say I have kept touch with my own and from what I recall, there are not a lot of villages out there in Etheria at least. A small handful are those I recall",  Lohk'Tar replies back to him before serving him his drink.

"Thank you," Gurel'd said with a friendly appreciative smile when he'd been welcomed and placed some money on the counter in exchange for the drink. He took the drink which was a mix of fruit juice and alcohol. He hoped the orc wasn't too lonely due to not being in touch with his old tribe. Or that leaving a tribe didn't mean being ostracized for having abandoned them.

Being a human, Gurel didn't feel much of a strong connection to other humans since humans were usually fairly common and had such different backgrounds and varied cultures. Just being a human didn't always make you feel much camaraderie with other humans, he felt. Though it could have been just him.

He eventually moved over to the table with people playing cards. "Mind if I sit here?" he asked one of the players and hoped to sit down and study what kind of a card game it was.

Lohk'Tar just nod and smiles softly at his words, though he is wondering why he might ask such a question, especially without anything to follow up on it. Still, he leaves the stranger to his own and continue to pour out drinks for customers, as well as hitting up some chatter and soon enough his voice is once more heard easily as he speaks to another patron eager to share a story with the large and bulky orc bartender.

The closest table engaged in a card game has room for Gurel to sit down and watch and speak to them without directly being pressed against those sitting there. There are three people in total: 1 young human male, an older troll lady and one more human male who looks to be in his 30's. They are all dressed in regular work clothes and seems to be small talking between discussing the game."No...feel free", the troll woman shortly replies. Once he does get a chance to check out their game, it is a simple and standard card game most people would know. They are just playing for fun and not for coin.

Gurel sat at the table with the two humans and the troll. "You three make for an interesting trio. Do you guys know each other? Do you guys work together?" he asked cheerfully and sipped on his drink and checked what they were drinking and then asked to be dealt in. "Any job openings you guys know about?" he asked with a small grin, wondering what kind of work there'd be to do.

He was excellent at cheating at dice games and games where he could abuse his talent for telekinetic magic; he'd not learned a way to effectively cheat at card games using it, however. Though he wouldn't have even if he could have. A certain game he loved cheating at was a game where one placed an object under three cups and shuffled them with someone betting on which cup the object is under neath. A simple way for him to cheat was to make the object cling to the top of the cup itself. Instead of just swindling people of their money, he sometimes on purpose let people lose some wagers and then win big so they could experience the thrill of winning and losing, even if each of the cups had an object inside of them and it was totally up to him if the players won or lost.

He could recall a few years back having ran puppet theater with him levitating and moving around puppets to amuse people. He guessed trying doing that again would be fun, if people around here'd be into that kind of entertainment.

Upon closer inspection, their clothing and skin seems to have plenty of dark and dusty spots."Yeah, we do. These two are making my days a bit easier in the mine - I am pretty new to the whole thing. Hard work, but pretty good pay", the younger male says as he dealt cards from the large troll woman. The trio takes a few more sips of their ales before the older human answers the rest."We have no idea...you would have to talk to the foreman about that", he responds, making it clear they are not really knowledgeable about the more administrative parts of things. They let him partake in the card game, just having a good time with the game and company of each other. Finally, the troll speaks as well, after about 10 minutes in."What sort of work do you seek anyway?".

Soon after, the door opens up and a swearing and loud person shows up, clearly disgruntled. She stomps her way towards the bar counter and rapidly barks out her order, almost commandeeringly, towards the barkeep, who is a bit taken back. She even asks for a straw as her hands are not really in the best of shape from the looks of the bandages, covering most of them both.

"Anything, really. I'm an amateur writer and food critic, so I end up doing a bit of this and that here and there," he explains. "The writing stuff doesn't really put bread on the table. Well, I guess the food critic stuff does, but I have to pay for it," he said with a wide grin. "But yeah. Being able to experience new things is great. Gives you new perspectives. Working with interesting people is nice, too. Lots of good stories you can hear," Gurel explained and folded a hand that probably would have won, but he didn't feel the need to win. "Mines sound interesting, but a bit scary. I've heard people get gunk in their lungs from doing it too much?" he said with a worried look. He also didn't want his hands to get all calloused from working too hard. "You guys want anything? I'll try another drink. I'd offer to have one of you finish this one, but not sure if you guys would want to," he said with a chuckle and headed over to the counter with the barkeep.

He got ready to order, but then some loud goblin strutted over.

"Oh, I'll have what she's having. And a straw for me as well, please," he said, as the goblin had drawn the barkeep's attention into their direction, so he didn't have to wait long. "Mind if the order and drinks are on me?" he asked the loud goblin, not wanting to carry more change as his pouch was kind of getting annoyingly heavy.

Edited by TaleTale

"It could be much worse. We only work in intervals that are safe", the older humans comments. It seems like the most talkative of the trio being the younger one."Just more ales would be fine, thanks", the other male says, whilst the troll woman groans a bit as she sees her next starting hand, having a horrible poker face for sure.

Molly grumbles and steams with annoyance, still aimed towards the incident she was hit by earlier today. She looks in the direction of the stranger as she is spoken to."Well...you are free to order me all the drinks you want to. At least something would go right today. Motherfucking nitro being a goddamn piece of shit!", she groans and stares at her damaged hand from time to time.

He studied the short woman beside him. The purple-haired goblin was smaller than him but could probably draw attention way better than he could. "Ah, then... two lime drinks, two lemon ones and two of whatever. Surprise me," he told the orcish bartender after she'd said he could order her what he wanted. "Some fries, too," he said, guessing those would do to start with.

"Who's Nitro? Some... local... famous person? An animal?" he asked, not sure what or who Nitro was. Eventually they got the drinks and ended up at a table a short distance from the counter. He watched her straws and eventually leaned over to her side of the table and helped position the straws for her. He sipped on his drinks and pulled out a small journal and wrote down his thoughts on the various drinks he'd tried. "Hey, you drink lots?" he asked her, not lifting his blue eyes up from his book. "Wanna show me good places in town sometime?" he requested.

Edited by TaleTale

Molly doesn't really talk too much just yet, as she seems to be fuming still, the words spoken so far, being mostly out of courtesy after being offered a paid drink. Their drinks arrive along with the medieval style fries, which is basically crudely cut potatoes fried onto a pan or baked in an oven. The goblin takes a few long and heavy sips from her strong drink, clearly discontent with how much she is able to gulp down in this manner. The sapper finally lets go of her straw."Person? Animal? Ohhh man....are you serious? It is nitroglycerin. The fun shit that makes thing go BOOOOM! Usually great to work with...but not today, apparently...fuuuucking shiiiit! Now it fucked up me hands! And yes...I usually drink all I want and tonight I plan to drink even more! This crap just put me out of work for at least a month! Goddamnit!", she growls.

He listened to the goblin and nodded politely while checking out how his drinks tasted. He looked surprised by how nice the lemon drink was and wrote something down and even drew a happy cartoony goblin with a speech bubble saying the drink's a solid 7½ / 10.

"Nitroglycerin?" he repeated thoughtfully. "Ah, some mage stuff, then," he said, and looked her up and down. She didn't look like a mage, but they were known to be a bit quirky. Or maybe it was some kind of a food thing. Maybe she burned her hands cooking.

"Are you gonna be okay?" he asked the goblin, wondering how she was going to make it through the month. He knew some people couldn't afford to go a week or two without having work. He guessed he could try giving the goblin some food eventually if she began to need help making ends meet. He had a few times left food at people's doorsteps or money around their houses without confronting the people.

"Luckily you still have your hands," he said and nodded to her hands. "Do your fingers move?" he asked and stared at her bandaged hands.

"Mage stuff? Do I look like a freaking juju caster? Ohhhh what I do is sooooo much more interesting, fun and lovely than some cheap parlour tricks! No no...nitro is what I use for my explosives! Have you been living under a rock dude?", she goes on, a lifted eyebrow making it clear that she seems surprised at this lack of knowledge. She then nods towards her belt, which has plenty of bombs and sticks of dynamite and tools meant for her trade and craft. She gives a look to her hands. They are not exactly broken or burned to a crisp, but the burns are severe enough to make it hard to do her job properly."Yeah, yeah...I will be great...once I get to blow some shit up! Maaaaaan, I feel like exploding something to get this fucking tension out and be less pissed! Have you ever lit dynamite before?", she asks as the drink is almost gone by now.

He examined her when she asked if she looked like a juju caster. She looked like a gang member to him, perhaps. But could have been a musician as well. He smiled as he wasn't sure. "Hey, cheap parlor tricks are fun," he muttered quietly with a big grin, as those were basically his specialty. "I mean, kinda? I don't really keep up with everything a ton," he said in an easy tone and shrugged lightly. "Leaves more for me to discover and find out about later, you know?" he said in a cheerful tone. "So, nitro is some kind of an explosive substance. And your hands blew up and got burned. That sounds... really painful, actually," he said and frowned a bit. "You got someone to take care of you? In case you need to use your hands?" he asked. 

"Lit dynamite? Is that slang for doing some kind of substance?" he asked. "By the way, if you need someone to help you out, if it's nothing illegal or super, super dangerous, I don't mind giving you a hand. At least today and maybe whenever I'm not too busy," he offered eventually.

"If explosives aren't potentially painful, you haven't exactly made something very potent, have yah? I am sure you would find explosions tons more fun than picking out a coin from behind someone's ear, haha!", she says and immediately orders herself another drink, not really caring if this is on his tab or her own. Right now she just wants to dull the pain and annoyance enough to care less. Once she is sipping on fresh alcohol does she continue talking after a short "ahhh" from how it hits the spot."Take care of me? Hmmmm...only really for my work, honestly. I am not THAT helpless. However, it does require proper and steady hands and fingers to do experiments and build shit. Also...no...you LIGHT dynamite. The kind of shit that goes KA-BOOOOOM!", she says, making a motion with her arms to imitate an explosion.

He wondered what kinds of things the goblin used explosives for. He supposed they had uses in mining, demolition and perhaps just in creating pretty spectacles for amusement. "Ears aren't the only places I like putting things into and pulling things out of," he commented playfully with a sly, innocent smile on his face. As she ordered another drink, he placed down some money onto the table for the waitress to collect as he imagined the goblin wouldn't be able to handle money.

He sipped on the other drinks before him, tasting them out as she was already working her way through her fourth drink. "Build shit, huh," he mused. He looked at her for a bit. "You must be kind of clever and talented, huh?" he noted, guessing working with explosives and building things wasn't exactly the easiest work. He nodded and ended up smiling as she wiggled her bandaged hands to imitate an explosion. "Never had the pleasure, but I wouldn't mind trying it or seeing that," he said cheerfully. "I have pretty agile fingers, I guess," he noted, having pick-pocketed dozens of people without them noticing anything. "Haven't had anyone complain about them before," he mused quietly and sipped on his lime drink. "This one's nice too," he said clearly happy about the flavor.

Molly doesn't really notice anything about the coin changing hands as her focus is on the conversation and, of course, enjoying her drinks, no matter who pays for them."Kind of clever and talented? Fuck yeah, I am. I know how to make the best bombs and know how to use them well. I can show you some later if you are curious. Ohh...what I am saying? Who the fuck would NOT want to see shit being blown to pieces? Do you have any stuff you are not using by the way?", she goes on, her mind set on seeing something being blasted to smithereens for sure soon.

"Sure, I'd love that," he said cheerfully when Molly told him she could show him some of her explosives later on. "I'm Gurel, by the way," he told the goblin. "Nice to meet you," he said, guessing a late introduction is better than none.
He thought about her question when she asked if he had anything he wasn't using. "What kind of stuff? I have some food I think I'll never finish. A friend gave me some wine and jams, but I think I'll never open the remaining bottles and jars," he admitted and smiled lightly.
"Other than that kind of stuff. Nothing too huge. Maybe a few blankets and pillows. Why?" he asked her, curious as to what she was thinking about.

"Great! That is proper enthusiasm!", she says and sips down more, already feeling lightly buzzed, which was the plan indeed and surely the greatest state of mind and body to fiddle with highly explosive stuff."Molly Clunk, but some also call me "Megaton". As for the stuff...well, if you had stuff were you not really needing and wanting, we could blow that crap! BOOM! POOOW! Great fun!", she says and laughs hysterically, very much and totally in the right mood for getting frustrations out in this manner,

"Nice to meet you, Molly," he said with a bright smile. "I think I'll call you Molly, if that's fine?" he said and sipped on his drink and then took multiple long gulps to finish his glass. He felt the faintest bit wobbly from the amount of alcohol he'd drank.
"Well, I suppose there's a shed I've been meaning to get rid of. I guess blowing it up might save me the trouble of removing the roof and such? But it would be kind of a mess... but maybe it'd take less time to get rid of if it was in bits?" he said and shrugged lightly. "Do you think explosives would be of use when it comes to getting rid of sheds?" he asked, tilting his head.
His blue eyes dropped to her hands and guessed she'd not be helping clean the yard after it's full of chunks of wood. Maybe he could hire some random beggars to clean it up, though.

"Why would that bother me? I am not some puffed up arrogant noble or anything like that", she replies back to him with a raised eyebrow showing off wonderment. She certainly didn't think she displayed herself as very noblewoman-like. She laughs after hearing him talk about moving a shed in pieces rather the normal and, frankly, boring and slow way."Of course. Explosions makes any job easier! If the task is not done right, you either used the wrong stuff or not enough of it. Why...I can make it so there is nothing left to clean up even!", she says and looks all giddy and eager to tear something down.

"Just wanted to be sure," he said casually and shrugged lightly. "Hey, you wanna finish my drink? I'm getting pretty tipsy," he told her and picked up his glass of fruity alcohol and slowly moved to her side of the table and placed his drink down in front of her.
A smile appeared on his face. "Any job, huh," he commented and wondered if she'd even try painting walls with small explosions rather than using a brush.
He looked surprised and then laughed a bit. "Yeah? That'd be helpful. I don't wanna clean up bits of my shed from the lawn," he said. "You want to go do that today? Or some other time?" he asked and yawned lightly. "Are you gonna tell me what to do while I do all the work that requires hands?" he asked, wondering what she had in mind.

"Getting tipsy, eh? Hah...sure I can do that no sweat!", she says and soon slurps it all down easily and fast without hesitation, feeling a nice little buzz herself, which probably is not the best state when handling explosives, but it would hardly be her first time doing so though."Well, I wanted to blow the fuck out of something tonight...so why not now? Where exactly do you live? Do you have a lot of neighbours?", she asks as she gets up from her seat as well, more than happy to disturb someone other than her own neighbours for once.